What if I want to do continual play of CP 2077

+
I get you! (To an extent!) I almost always take my sweet time with a game the first time I play it. Poke into all the nooks and crannies, explore any side content I find, etc.

But I also like games to have endings. I'm not too into NG+ aspects most games. I've done NG+ and started NG++ with a couple of characters from Dark Souls 1 and 2. Done one character for almost 4 playthroughs of Dragon's Dogma (NG+++). Also Salt and Sanctuary, I did an NG+ with a couple of characters. And that's about it. Normally, by the time I'm done with a 50+ hour campaign, I'm more than ready to ditch that character altogether and start a new build with a different playstyle.

I mean, I get that it's not everybody's playstyle to play a game to death but adding dynamic world events and more procedural generated content doesn't ruin it for the completionists that just wanna play the game once and move on. However, if this game is ever gonna achieve cult status it NEEDS to give something to the escapists among us. We are the ones who play the crap out of a title, then make mods for it and improve it and keep playing, bringing more players to the game. Ultimately the escapists are the ones you want on your side if you ever want a sequel to be a success.

Look at Skyrim or the Fallout series - those titles owe all of their longevity to modders and digital escapists. Bethesda would have made a fraction of the profit from those games if they hadn't catered to the modding scene.

I mean, I get that it's not everybody's playstyle to play a game to death but adding dynamic world events and more procedural generated content doesn't ruin it for the completionists that just wanna play the game once and move on. However, if this game is ever gonna achieve cult status it NEEDS to give something to the escapists among us. We are the ones who play the crap out of a title, then make mods for it and improve it and keep playing, bringing more players to the game. Ultimately the escapists are the ones you want on your side if you ever want a sequel to be a success.

Look at Skyrim or the Fallout series - those titles owe all of their longevity to modders and digital escapists. Bethesda would have made a fraction of the profit from those games if they hadn't catered to the modding scene.

I agree that it's primarily modding that kept them alive for that long. However, do keep in mind that that was part of the initial plan of the Gamebryo engine from the beginning. The entire systems was specifically designed to allow for player-created content, from the most foundational levels. (And it was tons of awesome. Almost all of the modding I've ever done, creating or using content, was done for Morrowind through Skyrim.)

But -- there are tradeoffs. Namely, the engine is so modular in nature, that it can often be grueling to try to get it to do something it wasn't designed to do. Even if successful, the results are often far from universally stable. It can take years to get more ambitious mods working well...and then a single patch can completely break it again. It also limits the functionality of characters to a great extent. I often refer to the Bethesda approach to NPCs and mobs as sort of like "animatronic puppets on tracks", with any and all AI asset in the game basically limited to exactly the same functionality as every other asset.

Mostly though, I think it's getting more than a little long-in-the-tooth. Granted, it will always be alive -- just the robust nature of the modding possibilities will ensure that -- and they are fun games! But I would not want to see the same approach used for every game. With other approaches, modding may be possible, but probably more challenging and/or limited.

But...who knows? :)

I feel you there, I definitely wouldn't want the full Bethesda treatment for Cyberpunk, but if you look at what TheSilver has done for the original Watch_Dogs - this is essentially what I'm after from Cyberpunk. Just more shit to do that isn't finite, stuff to give the game a more sandbox feel.

I enjoy freerunning around Night City as a cyber ninja (in fact if you can master the movement system the game plays A LOT like the Dishonored series which is insane in and of itself), and the amount of times I have stumbled into an area I remember from a previous mission and been disappointed that it is TOTALLY EMPTY of enemies, and not only that, the corpses of enemies that I killed last week are still lying there un-looted really kills the endgame for me.

Adding a more polished enemy respawn/area reset system would undoubtedly make the game world feel a lot more alive and dynamic, and that's what I want.

If it's any consolation though, you can keep playing after you reach the ending. o3o

Cyberpunk 2077 might come to an end, but who knows what future games/DLC they'll release later on. Now that they have the new world established, this means they can start working on another plot in a similar setting!

I mean, I get that it's not everybody's playstyle to play a game to death but adding dynamic world events and more procedural generated content doesn't ruin it for the completionists that just wanna play the game once and move on.
Personally, I'm a bit of a mix of both. Some games (Like Cyberpunk) I want to keep playing forever, but once I reach the end of a game, that's it. I put it away and move on to something else. I've never played an NG+ in any game. Once I go through the story, that's it. I don't want to go through the story again. But I do want a good game to last as long as possible.

I think this would be the first one I'd be willing to get (or make if I have to) mods for, just to keep it going.

Once I go through the story, that's it. I don't want to go through the story again. But I do want a good game to last as long as possible.

To be fair if they'd fleshed out the beginning of the story (the fabled rags to riches Jackie missions) a bit more and added some more challenging open world enemies (that aren't connected to any quests) I probably would have been happy with the length of the game. AI quality aside (I'm looking at you NCPD), more enemy variety in the open world would keep a lot of people playing this game until the DLC releases.

And it still bugs me that so many assets (both main mission areas and open world areas) are essentially used once and then become empty deja vu inducing ghost towns. You can't even revisit most of the interiors used in main missions without installing mods. Such a massive waste of development.

Trie the quest mod on nexus...it gives you some cool quests and you have a mld to sell cars...it adds a lot to the game...

This game is like two slices of rotten bread with alot fresh strawberry jam inside. Ugly beginning, ungly ending but very sweet in the middle, hm? :>

To a lesser frequency I'm doing the same thing on my current (second) run.
Still have to do the heist and half the prep work, but I've been a blast screwing around with Tygers and Maelstrom. Then, at night I either venture home and go through my stuff seebif I wanna change wardrobe all while playing the radio. Or catch some tv. On other time I visit some bars and have a laugh there. But I dont wanna get to act II even :) let alone end it

I have finished the story several times, but still haven't done the Arasaka endings or the "secret" one.

I keep making new Vs to go and explore the world and story in new ways, with new strategies. I have Vs that work with Johnny, I have Vs that hate Johnny. All of these and how I choose to work through quests affects the feel of the game.

Playing my second V (I consider this 2nd playthrough much better because I now understand some things which I misunderstood on my 1st run) and it really would be nice if we can stay in this game after "story end" ... and still have something to do and have there enemies which are worthy to fight them. It however need working NPCs environment with daily routines and randomly held actions ... I think it is something what was promised it will be in game. I hope it will be added, but that for sure will need more time.

Last edited:
Playing my second V (I consider this 2nd playthrough much better because I now understand some things which I misunderstood on my 1st run) and it really would be nice if we can stay in this game after "story end" ... and still have something to do and have there enemies which are worthy to fight them. It however need working NPCs environment with daily routines and randomly held actions ... I think it is something what was promised it will be in game. I hope it will be added, but that for sure will need more time.

Hmmm, I'm not quite done with my first V yet (she's basically as much me as the game lets her be), but I think I'll do a second playthrough rather sooner than later as well. Good to hear that the second one has the potential to be even better and less confusing - well that's a given after learning more of the game-mechanics and stuff, which was very overwhelming for me at the beginning!

I only have the end mission left from story, I've actually decided who I'm going to call on too but have no inclination to start it as yet.

I've still got a few side quests and a couple of gigs to complete and have a few other things i want to check out but definitely feels like I'm holding off on ending my first play through

Thoughts?

It was the same for me: idk why but I didn't want to end my journey with my first V, I felt like I missed a really big part of the world when I reached the point of no return.
Last weekend I decided to finish my first playthrough: I already started another one to test a completely different build and character and I didn't like to have two character at the same time cause it soon became really difficult to roleplay the two decently (you have to switch mindset everytime you change character, not something for my limited brain XD).
Obviously I got the Devil ending... both because of roleplay and because I thought I'd have more freedom in shaping the ending. T_T

Still on my first playthrough...on some days I'm all like "alright, time to progress the story..." but then I find myself just driving around the city and messing around with the Photomode. I'ts been a long time since a game world sucked me in so much that I just want to wander around and enjoy the sights

Why would you think you
Okay, so there I am, getting off work, coming home and hopping on my pc rig (on a daily).

I load up the game and im in. Headset on for full sound emersion and dual screen for multitasking. (Contrary to what people say, I do find myself liking the curved monitor setup).

However, back to my question at hand. And I would like to hear from any and all players. Console, PC, Admins, Devs, Moderators... all kinds.

So I log in, I watch the intro each time (it never gets old) and i have had the game since release. I am doing side quests, gigs, daily police calls to stop gangs and also checking all doors, shops, video ads to see if the world is changing. I cant bring myself to finish my very first play through. I dont want it to end. I dont want to complete the game and say ok, im done, lets play another game or lets try a harder level.

Is it normal for some people to want to stay in the game on not let V end it. If I never end it will I be able to progress into the new DLC's in the future?

I find myself doing random mob hits to pick up gear so I can change my outfits for a week or so, but then put my good armor back on for when i go into battle.

Eating daily in game, hitting up vending machines and helping local merchants.

I have been to the chicks on jig jig street so many times that I think she knows me by name, thank goodness they put an rng system in for the intimacy's scenes so i dont feel like the girl is always wanting the same position.

I know I cant be the only one, surely there are others that dont want to leave night city or dont want to end things with V?

Thoughts?
Why would you think you couldn't play the DLC's if you finished the main campaign? It's never been that case in any game ever developed.

I think I'm at the end game now, very close to it (on Xbox One X). I'm going to finish it so I can at least say I got 1/3rd of my money's worth. I've played every night since patch 1.1 was released, and although it's been better since the original release, I'm still plagued with severe lag, graphic and audio glitches, and mission issues where they won't progress. So my goal is to finish the main quest and then move on to something else. I'll say it again, CDPR should be ashamed for the pile of crap they delivered to us.
Post automatically merged:

Still on my first playthrough...on some days I'm all like "alright, time to progress the story..." but then I find myself just driving around the city and messing around with the Photomode. I'ts been a long time since a game world sucked me in so much that I just want to wander around and enjoy the sights
I had just finished the Panam arc and was progressing Takamura when I experienced the following in my 4 hours playing last night:
1. 5 graphical glitches where spikes would stick out of enemies, once when I was stuck to an enemy and I had to fire off 2 nades to get out of it where I didn't die, weirdly enough, but did see the AI pieces flying all over. 2-3 times I saw AI sticking up out of the ground. Throughout the 4 hours I'd lose audio from AI speech (this has gotten worse since 1.1 hit).
2. 2 screen freezing situations where I got booted to the Xbox One X dashboard.
3. After a couple hours in I had the word "Failed" show up in the middle of my screen and about the same size as the CC text. After a 30 minute google search I finally figured out to get rid of it.
4. One of the Delamain missions ended up where the final dialogue wouldn't take place, I think because I had to move 100 yards from the vehicle to fight off the 7 AI who were attacking from behind. When I came back it just wouldn't progress. A reload of a previous save fixed this but I was forced to stay by the vehicle.

I'll be glad to move on to another game, I just want to see the ending.

Last edited:
That's why I wish they'd open up Watson in Act 1 and allow us to do Gigs for Fixers and upping our Street Cred to open up more gigs and smaller quests without the impending doom clock and Grumpy... aaahhh... I mean Johnny over our shoulder.

Basically fix up the sandbox experience, flesh out the gangs and fixers, tighten up the Street Cred system and let us loose without a Relic.

Puhhhhh leaseeeeee....

Top Bottom