What if [SPOILER] didn't happen at the end of Cyberpunk Edgerunners?

+
I have heard this theory a few time already, considering some possible consequences that could make an interesting history, DLC.

As we see in the final episode of Cyberpunk Edgerunners, the exact moment when David its shoot by Adam Smasher its not shown.

So, what if he was only disabled in some way, and Arasaka have being making test with him all this years?
Considering the experience of the company with Adam Smasher himself in simillar conditions, maybe they just took the body of David to experiment with him in some hiden facility, trying to build an even better weapon.

And that made me think about Metal Gear.
A story where we have to track some hiden weapon of mass destruction capable of compromise the equilibrium between Arasaka and Militech, to try to sabotage it.

Just to discover than that weapon is David, kept in some sleep of his consciousnes.

It would be epic to meet Lucy in the way, trying to recover David counciousness from the depths of that war machine, while we aim to destroy it.
And have to make that choice in some moment.

So please CD Projekt Red, dont waste that thread, in one way or another.

David, and specially Lucy, are characters so special to not use them again.
Also, see the game interact with the anime in that way would be beyond epic.

Last edited:
I don't know about David - seems like he's dead. Should probably stay dead.

But Lucy, where she is and her ties to Arasaka seem to make her a prime candidate to be in the expansion or a future game.

As we see in the final episode of Cyberpunk Edgerunners, the exact moment when David its shoot by Adam Smasher its not shown.
Maybe it's me, maybe some only see what they want to see... But for me, we see the exact moment when David dies (i.e when Smasher blow up David's head) :)
David.jpg

At first I thought ''Oh, another one of these threads that's gonna ask for a different ending for Edgerunners".

Happy to be wrong. With that said, I'm with @LeKill3rFou on this, I think the show made it quite clear David is dead.

Dave is as dead as Lord Eddard. But Ms Fanservice Lucy could still regale us with her presence once again

At first I thought ''Oh, another one of these threads that's gonna ask for a different ending for Edgerunners".

Happy to be wrong. With that said, I'm with @LeKill3rFou on this, I think the show made it quite clear David is dead.
Episode 10 from about 22:42 we are shown a bunch of characters who has died, most of them died in a rather gorry fashion. David's death is very stylised, we don't see pieces of brain, bone and chrome flying about or his mutilated body.
I believe Trigger left David's death to be ambigious on purpose, to what end we'll have to wait and see. It took Sunrise 10 years to make another Code Geass movie and the fans were right about the protagonist :)

Last edited:
Maybe it's me, maybe some only see what they want to see... But for me, we see the exact moment when David dies (i.e when Smasher blow up David's head) :)
View attachment 11324243
Ok, yes that's true, and they actually choose to "show" it in a more veiled and aesthetic way that I loved.

But, what if... Maybe it was some type of disabling shot, or he cut his head with that shoot to separate it from his body.

Adam Smasher was rebuild by Arasaka after being blown up by a rocket if im not wrong no?

Dreaming it´s free.

Ok, yes that's true, and they actually choose to "show" it in a more veiled and aesthetic way that I loved.

But, what if... Maybe it was some type of disabling shot, or he cut his head with that shoot to separate it from his body.

Adam Smasher was rebuild by Arasaka after being blown up by a rocket if im not wrong no?

Dreaming it´s free.
Episode 10 from about 22:42 we are shown a bunch of characters who has died, most of them died in a rather gorry fashion. David's death is very stylised, we don't see pieces of brain, bone and chrome flying about or his mutilated body.
I believe Trigger left David's death to be ambigious on purpose, to what end we'll have to wait and see. It took Sunrise 10 years to make another Code Geass movie and the fans were right about the protagonist :)
It could easily make sequel just merged end of Edgerunners and end of the game where V is Legacy and this order to rob Crystal Palace he going there to steal David's construct and delivered it to the moon to give it to the orderer(obviously it's Lucy) for extraction in new body.
In this situation David and Lucy together, for this operation V will be cured and he can go to see Panam.
But i doubt that CDPR will do this even if all the fans starts sending messages about it.

Top Bottom