What immersion-breaking bugs do you want to be fixed ?

+
Hi all,

I am replaying CP2077 as of 1.23 and I love this game (I already have played 180h and want to play more)

However, some bugs are breaking the immersion. They didn't bother me too much during my first 2 playthroughs because i was enjoying the story and missions so much.

Now, these bugs really annoy me and break my immersion more than ever :
- Cars are stopping in the middle of the highway for no reason
- Cars' lights turn off randomly at night even though you could see them turned on a few seconds before
- When you "save" people from a blue encounter, they don't react (don't run, don't say thank you, don't do anything specific)

I am sure that there are many other bugs, but these ones are really annoying and I think that the 2 first ones should have been fixed 6 months after release of the game.

What are the bugs that really bother you and break your immersion ?

From me, that would probably be:
- people and cars showing and disappearing around me
- cars stopping on an empty road for no apparent reason
- broad-shouldered and bold shadow of V that distorts in various animations
- also my character's shadow and shadows of npcs being sometimes only floating torsos or headless, or even worse (some problems with various light sources?)
- my character's footsteps vanishing (for me only restarting the game helps)
- lack of barefoot footstep sounds
- weird color differences or plain black patches on various surfaces (lighting problem?)
- my character pulling out their weapon at the same time when I pick up a body (very annoying, but doesn't happen all the time)
- going through dead / unconsious bodies and objects as if I were a ghost

Not sure though if some of these things aren't rather underdeveloped features or engine limitations. But anyway, that's from me.

"WHAT IMMERSION-BREAKING BUGS DO YOU WANT TO BE FIXED ?"

Hi all,

I am replaying CP2077 as of 1.23 and I love this game (I already have played 180h and want to play more)

However, some bugs are breaking the immersion. They didn't bother me too much during my first 2 playthroughs because i was enjoying the story and missions so much.

Now, these bugs really annoy me and break my immersion more than ever :
- Cars are stopping in the middle of the highway for no reason
- Cars' lights turn off randomly at night even though you could see them turned on a few seconds before
- When you "save" people from a blue encounter, they don't react (don't run, don't say thank you, don't do anything specific)

I am sure that there are many other bugs, but these ones are really annoying and I think that the 2 first ones should have been fixed 6 months after release of the game.

Traffic. Would like traffic to be fixed, but rest assured, the devs are already busy tackling it for some time. Seems rather complicated to find a fitting solution.
Caught word with a previous game that light, or rather the light illuminated by a light source, can be rather taxing. Could be, that's the reason why it's rendering range was made so short.

Hi all,
For me the most immersion breaking moment are
1) When you clear an Assault (blue map indicator) the people there do not react whatsoever to you when you defeat the enemies. Please have then either thank you, run away or say 'Merci' becasue they fear you're gonna kill them too.
Additionally, it would be nice if every once in a while you could interact with them saying something like: 'Its over, you can go' or 'Are you okay?' or 'no worries, wont kill you' (or for the evil types: 'You'd better run')
2) Not having the ability to sell a car (or just discard it) whenever I see that list with like 10 cars in there, I really want to just loose a few of them I dont care for.
3) That car lights at light dont function properly. One moment you're speeding the local highway, zoom in a tunnel and next you know you've parked on top of a foghorn-using-LadyPenelope-car you didn't see becasue the headlight (or tailights) were off.

Caught word with a previous game that light, or rather the light illuminated by a light source, can be rather taxing. Could be, that's the reason why it's rendering range was made so short.
The issue is actually the opposite. I see the cars' lights from afar but when I get close they turn off. This is really weird and annoying.

The issue is actually the opposite. I see the cars' lights from afar but when I get close they turn off. This is really weird and annoying.
Oh...okay. The experience that I have is that when cars are somewhat far away, they are dark, but when up close only then their lights light up. Especially in tunnels.

I would say mostly car stopping for no reason and NPC`s behaviour when scared.

I was also annoyed many times by a lack of ability to walk like a normal person, but Toggle Walk mod fixed that for me.

DC9V

Forum veteran
Half-baked stuff like the two cops in H10 nearby V's apartment. They just don't leave. Probably a bug, idk. Beside of that It's the first contact with the police system when starting the game. They (used to?) freak out for no reason when you walk too close to them, so it gives the player a bad impression early on. IMO they should just not exist.

In my case all the bugs are immersion breaking. As I said sonewhere else, I like my games how I like my movies. No accidental shots of production staff or legs of the cameraman visible. No accidental shots of movie props laying around, Gandalf wearing a wrist watch, or Starbucks on a table of medieval chamber.

Seeing empty spaces inside of buildings because the walls textures are misaligned. Seeing overlaping texutres flickering. Seeing how objects and textures are loading as I approach them. Seeing how NPCs freeze when the game thinks I can't see them anymore. Seeing how physics only affects certain objects.

Being afraid that the mission will glich out and I won't be able to finish it. Praying for the game to load proper facial animations when speaking to important characters in the game. Making 3 separate saves just in case the game decided to corrupt one of them.

Forcing myself to not pay attention and pretend I didn't notice how an NPC made a few attempts of finding their way around an empty room.

npcs lack schedules to do things in a day/night cycle. This is a basic mechanic that even oblivion had, I'm not sure what's gone wrong with it but npcs seem to fade out of existence when I look away instead. Hoepfully this can be fixed soon as it encouraged me to buy the game [...].

Last edited by a moderator:
NPC's do thank you after you save them. However, the chance isn't 100% so you may or may not see this happen. It does happen though.

I would like to see the following.

NPCs clothes don't clip and flicker when you grab them from behind.
NPCs don't elevate and float above a obstruction to walk past or over it.
NPCs do not vanish ever unless they completely out of view.
Ragdolls are fixed and NPCs always fall appropriately. So tired of the weird "hey I'm running side ways on the ground" death ragdoll.
Car chase sequences are lacking real car physics. Nothing like 2018 demo. Seems they are just car assets attached to pathing lines.
Yeah, multiple graphical issues braking immersion. Pop-in everywhere. We have games like GTA5 with less pop-in.
Cops can't drive. Max Tac doesn't come to you in their flying transports even though you see this is their means when Jackie drives you.
V's shadow is completely broken. She's bald in may game and every time I see that shadow I'm thrown completely out of the game every time.

Traffic needs to be fixed, along with NPC AI, as its completely unbelievable and immersion breaking. In comparison, RDR2 nails the NPC AI in how they react to treats, getting shot, and general interactions.

Not really a bug, but the fact that there are a ton of stalls, yet V can't interact with the majority of them :( To be honest, the majority of things that kill the immersion aren't bugs, its either lack of content/systems or poorly implemented content/systems. :/

you can't leave a voice message for Jackie after "The Heist" mission if you talk to Misty before the call.
I've been waiting for a half a year to fix this issue, they said that they know about this bug, but with every patch they don't fix it. For me personally, it really interferes with immersion in the game. By the way, this bug appeared after the December patch, it was not on the release.

Last edited:
It is odd how certain things were fixed though and they didn't bother to mention it.
Like all the videos and programs on tv seem to have been synched up properly. They still place at 10fps but hey, at least they audio is on time now.

I wanted to add, even though Judy has left NC, she's still in her apartment and her rig is there too.

Why is the world so empty? Where is the pulsating and electrifying cyberpunk atmosphere? I don't know if anybody have played Satellite Reign, but you can actually adjust population density in the game at the cost of performance. It's obviously a very different game to CP2077, but it would be amazing if CDPR could find a way to increase the population density in the Next-Gen version of the game.

Top Bottom