What impression did the leaked video leave on you?

+
What impression did the leaked video leave on you?

It was already discussed that one of the reasons CDPR doesn't want to release pre-alpha footage is because they don't want to leave a bad impressions on gamers. The Witcher 2 per-alpha footage was not received well and some even judged it very early on, without giving the game any chances.

So the leaked video is still out there, it'll be pretty hard to stop it now. All that's left to do is minimize the damage caused by the leak, especially those who were left with a bitter taste in their mouths after watching the video.
What impressions did it leave on you?

This poll is about the leaked video alone, not the story, rumors about the game, etc.

Agent_Blue

PsyCoil said:
It was already discussed that one of the reasons CDPR doesn't want to release pre-alpha footage is because they don't want to leave a bad impressions on gamers. The Witcher 2 per-alpha footage was not received well and some even judged it very early on, even before playing the game itself.

So the leaked video is still out there, it'll be pretty hard to stop it now. All that's left to do is minimize the damage caused by the leak, especially those who were left with a bitter taste in their mouths after watching the video.
What impressions did it leave on you?

This poll is about the leaked video alone, not the story, rumors about the game, etc.

May I commend you for the unbiased poll?
At last, a forum poll which doesn't attempt to skew results one way or the other.
For that alone you get +1 from me.

Will get back on topic later on.

I am being perfectly honest when I am saying it left an excellent impression, I thought it looked absolutely gorgeous and the wind effect was just mind blowing no pun intended.

I describe myself as an avid fan, but this has little to do with my impression.

Excellent impression, particularly because it's just a pre-alpha build, the game probably looks even better now. Texturing, wind and walking animations looked simply great.

The problem with this poll is that we can't correlate the impression options with the kind of fans who voted for them. For example, maybe for non fans that gameplay video is not good enough. And maybe for people like us, with knowledge of the series and who played TW2 multiple times, it is easy to see beyond the limitations of an alpha or pre alpha demo. Especially if we remember the leaked TW2 demo and compare it with the final product.

That said, I loved the weather effects but didn't like Geralt's jump and general movement animations. I also think there weren't nearly enough dialogue options. But this was a controlled demo, so am confident these things will be addressed :)

I gotta say excellent impression considering that it's pre-alpha and that the footage is from 2008.I am more excited now than ever, can't wait to see more! :)/>

Edit: now when i think about it the footage is not from 2008. because of the trailer at the beginning but i am still impressed and cant wait to see more.

BrutaLLegenD7 said:
I gotta say excellent impression considering that it's pre-alpha and that the footage is from 2008.I am more excited now than ever, can't wait to see more! :)/>

It's not from 2008, the dating thingie is surely wrong.^^

Footage from 2008 :)/>))

That dude's camera wasn't set to the correct year and date. The footage is from E3 behind closed doors.
As for the impression, was awesome, i liked that weather effects of wind, and the shadows cast on leafs and trees, everything.

Yeah imagine those graphics back in 2008, when I was playing the first Witcher on an 8800 GT. That would be seriously mind blowing!

/start rant

Many (me included) already gave their impressions in the gamescom thread, why not add to that, this poll feels unnecessary. Its outcome does not have any merit. Nobody, not even CDPR would take a poll based on a truncated, low quality video leak of an pre-alpha seriously and we should not as well. That is exactly why they hoped to take it down and do not allow any direct links/captures, because rating it (not discussing) is rather pointless, just like it was with TW2's leaked footage.
Nothing against polls about officially confirmed features or lack thereof but this....no, thx

/end rant

I only saw a little since the quality was bad I decided to reserve my judgment for a better video.

It left a fairly good impression on me. The forest made me Wow, but other things just didn't leave much of an impression. So in total it's a fairly good impression. Still I believe they will deliver an excellent game. I have complete faith in them. I just know it's pre-alpha and since the video was awful quality and there was not much to be seen, I would be lying if I said it made an excellent impression on me. A leaked, horrible quality video of +/- 2 minutes can't deliver that just yet.

Volsung said:
The problem with this poll is that we can't correlate the impression options with the kind of fans who voted for them. For example, maybe for non fans that gameplay video is not good enough. And maybe for people like us, with knowledge of the series and who played TW2 multiple times, it is easy to see beyond the limitations of an alpha or pre alpha demo. Especially if we remember the leaked TW2 demo and compare it with the final product.

I'm well aware to the fact most fans here are core fans, thus this might not be the most objective forum to post this poll. I'm also well aware most core fans will not judge the game on one video alone, but it might arouse doubts and questions about the direction of the series.
I know I have those already and this video somewhat strengthened those.

And hey, feel free to discuss your reasons for voting. Don't just vote and go away.

IsengrimR

Volsung said:
Yeah imagine those graphics back in 2008, when I was playing the first Witcher on an 8800 GT. That would be seriously mind blowing!

Well, I was able to run Witcher 2 on 9400 GT... 800x600 lowest settings. Those were the days :p

Anyway, talking about the leaked video, apart from the fact that the quality of it did hurt my eyes ( but that's to be expected from a some weird covert camera recording ), the game looked ok, the quest was reasonably well written, I suppose. Also pre-alpha, so yeah, it looks very very promising.

I would love to see some actual gameplay footage released by CDPR, so it won't burn my eyes with the quality of the recording, but oh, well. Tis theirs thing, if they will or not. The release is in 2014, so for a full game we will have to wait anyway.
I presume that when game will be at the end of it's beta state CDPR will give us something mind-blowing to watch... I hope so, at least.

PsyCoil said:
I'm well aware to the fact most fans here are core fans, thus this might not be the most objective forum to post this poll. I'm also well aware most core fans will not judge the game on one video alone, but it might arouse doubts and questions about the direction of the series.
I know I have those already and this video somewhat strengthened those.

And hey, feel free to discuss your reasons for voting. Don't just vote and go away.

Then the second part of the poll is kind of redundant :)

I voted "good impression". I liked what I saw and was positively surprised by the weather effects. But I was underwhelmed by the dialogue options and the movement animations. But as we all know, this is not representative of the final game. What this is representative of (and this is where you're going) is whether or not CDPR and game companies in general should grant the general public access to early footage. I think CDPR in particular, being close to its fans, could do it within their online community (i.e. forum) considering how understanding we are of these things.

The forest looked awesome, the only thing I didn't like was the oversized health bar/HUD, but I doubt it will be that large on PC when it is released.

Volsung said:
Then the second part of the poll is kind of redundant :)/>/>

Majority isn't everyone. Even if it's a very overwhelming majority.

Back on topic, I'm skeptical towards the coming of the third installment, just like I was before the second came out.
I didn't expect any less from the RED Engine, good graphics are like the defining characteristics of this engine. What troubled me most was the witcher senses. I don't know who was playing this game, but they seemed to use this an awful lot of time. It holds your hands all the time, and it takes away the rewards of exploration and strategic thinking. It looked like a despearte attempt to appeal to a larger audience.
I don't need to know drowners live in the water anymore, I could just follow the senses.

But for good or bad, I'll still buy this game. In the end, I do hope I'll eat my hat.

It looked very impressive yet unfinished in spots, like most people have said. I consider myself an avid fan, but it's more honest to call myself a skeptical one in this case. Everyone here knows I can't help but dissect what CDPR does. More than the visuals, I liked that they are working on the running animations and the smoothness of everything as Geralt moves through the environment. I started another run last night and there are several issues that make this more of a choppy experience in TW2 ( no turning animation, texture pop-in, lag, etc..) It already looks much smoother in TW3, despite a ridiculously gorgeous and dynamic environment.

Top Bottom