What is Cyberpunk 2077 missing?

+

Do you think CD Project Red should add quality of life game elements, aside from patches and DLC?

• Yes

• No

• The game is fine as is, aside from bugs.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Having played through the story of the game and more than my fair share of side missions and exploration, I have made a few notes on what I believe that the game is; a, missing, and b, could develop on. The point of this thread is to discuss and add what we, the players, believe CDPR may have missed the ball on and could learn from. I fully understand that in 2020, when a game is released, it is only half finished. We are long passed the days of the release and its DLC being the end of a game's life when it comes to improvement.

Given CDPR's care and understanding for their games, I see Cyberpunk 2077 getting patches and improvements for a long time to come.

But now, onto why I decided to take to the forums and lodge myself in the ever expanding process.

• Player customization.
    • More Hairstyles. Much from our daily life can be different from how we style our hair in the morning, and I do not see why Night City should be any different. This is not myself suggesting a system that differentiates V's hair from day to day or not suggest a system akin to Geralt's beard growth from The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt. What I am merely suggesting through this point is more hairstyles be made available through player customization. What can make or break a player character for the player is the lack of choices in appear, and one's hairstyle can be all that matters in the end. For the lack of better words, more hairstyles would be a improvement to player customization.
    • More Color Options. In the world of Night City, people can be whoever they want in appearance. Between mantis blades to headlights for eyes, V can be whatever they want, so why in player customization, we are not able to choose non-predetermined colors? Something that I have come to adore from the modding community of Skyrim is that any personnel color is chosen through a color wheel or slides and not premade options.
    • V's Name. Everyone has their own cool moniker in mind. The Warden from Dragon Age: Origins. Scorpion from Mortal Kombat. Geralt of Rivia, the White Wolf from... Well, you know. V goes with the first initial of his first name, defaulted to either Vincent or Valerie. I believe the only time we ever hear their name, but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, is the mission which takes V to the dollhouse, Clouds. With that single incident in mind, would it be so difficult to add the ability to set V's first name through a set of multiple preset options? Vincent, Victor, Vaughan? Valerie, Vanessa, Violet? It's not completely out of the realm of possibility.
    • Changeable Appearance. I'll be short in sweet with this one. A way to change your character's appearance. Night City is the place where people can change anything about themselves. Whether completely chroming out or putting rocket launchers in your arms, yet we, as V, can't change the way we look after the initial character creation at the beginning of the game?
  • Vehicular customization.
    • Garage Option/Display. From living in apartments near big cities all my life, I might be the first to tell you that when you park in a parking lot, you get usually one space and not much else when it comes to a vehicle and there's not much difference for V. So what could i possibly say to displaying a vehicle when all we get for V at their standard apartment is one space? Simple, a HUD menu. Instead of holding down a button to open the menu to call whichever vehicle you wish, you could hold down the same button to open a menu which allows you to view whichever vehicles you have collected in a 3D space, maybe have some information about the vehicle itself, and be able to summon whichever vehicle from there to you.
    • Vehicle Parts Customization. Coming off of the more developed vehicle menu, you should be able to customize your rides. Going through Claire's missions, you may come to appreciate vehicles more than if you didn't in real life. You may want to change out some parts, color a certain vehicle differently, anything. So, with the understanding of a better vehicle menu from my last point, vehicle customization. Buy parts, sell parts, apply parts, and color them all to your heart's contents.
    • Internal Vehicle Customization. Anyone else tired of looking at that dog in V's default car? Anyone wanna be able to add little things like that to your chosen vehicle? Yeah, me too. Just like the last part, customization should be key. Maybe I want some fluffy dice hanging off my mirror.
    • Vehicle Control Adjustments. This one is a lot simpler than the others. I just find it annoying I can't adjust vehicle specs' considering in Johnny's Porsche, I can't try to turn and find myself feeling like I'm on ice.
  • Home customization.
    • Decorations. Home is the heart is, but also where all of your stuff is. With all of the stuff and 'junk' that we can pick up from around Night City, why can't we decorate V's apartment to our own desire? They even has a storage room where they can mount weapons, but we never actually get to put anything on the walls? By purchasing Cyberpunk 2077 through the GOG Galaxy platform, V is able to get a Witcher Troll doll to have placed on V's couch. That's great, but is that seriously it? Perhaps V would like to hang some classical art on the walls, bronze a favorite gun, or plant a bust of Johnny Silverhand's crotch in the middle of the room, shouldn't we be able to do that to our own apartment?
    • Furniture. A smaller note can be made about furniture to V's bad. A new bed and couch couldn't hurt V.
  • HUD Customization.
    • Colors. Switching between V and Johnny Silverhand throughout the story, we are able to see that not everyone's personal Heads-Up Display is similar to anyone else's, so why are we not allowed to change our V's? Maybe instead of red, I'd like to be more like Silverhand with a nice blue, or my favorite color of a calming purple. A simple color wheel added to the settings menu should be able to fix that, I'd think.
    • Fonts. Complete personal preference. I'd just like a different font to look at.
  • Fast Travel.
    • Trains/Buses. Keeping this particular point short, i am aware CDPR had made it known prior that buses and trains would not be a travel option. Simply? Now with the game out, return that gameplay aspect.
    • Personal Car Autopilot. Delamain is the automatic driving series of cars that you have to deal with. On PC, you press the button V (By default) and your vehicle drives up to you. So.. Why can't we provide a destination to our vehicle and have our vehicle which, actually, has autopilot features take us to our destination? Simply a question with a easy answer.
  • Third Person Gameplay. I think that is self explanatory.
  • Interactive Worldspace.
    • Food Stalls. They are practically everywhere, so why are we not allowed to get some cheap food on the side?
    • Sitting Down. Butts are for sitting with and seats are for sitting on, for a RPG such as Cyberpunk 2077, why must be not be allowed to sit down anywhere that's not pre-destined?
    • Mini-Games. You'd think with all of the arcades around, there would be some non-hacking mini-games V could play to enjoy, maybe play a nice games of tik-tak-toe on their HUD!
    • Weapon Care. We are able to modify our weapons in small ways, so why are we not allowed to look at them in the world space with more appreciation. Akin to Red Dead Redemption 2, we should be able to take out and look at our weapons, perhaps with even a small box where we are able to check out its stats and modifications.

And after all of that, I have said my peace. I think Cyberpunk 2077 is a great game and is only going to get better as the patches begin to roll out. Do I think it's GOTY as it stands right now? Maybe not. Do I think CDPR has what it takes to make it a perfect RPG? Absolutely. I expect it will take time and effort before it becomes the game, I think, we were all promised. I similar wish to see the game improve as we all know it can.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Yeah, there are a few things to be added for more:
Weapon custom
Subway system
Flying cars
Gangster relationship
Interaction with chairs and shops...

So much needed to be added...

Actual netrunning, but not that horrible cyberspace they showed. Just copy shadowruns tron like cyberspace.
More fun mini games in the world, arcade, board games, pool, shooting range, gym exercise...etc.
More romances and sexual partners. Along with bigger romance stories and activities (going out on a date, hanging out with..etc)
Flying cars
A.I. Controlled cars
Trains
Braindances
More and varied cybernetics
New apartment/home you can buy.
New map, the current red grid one is just a mess
Lifepaths having a bigger impact on the game.
Jobs that are not stupid fetch quests.
New endings
Other corporations besides Arasaka
High class missions, like when you infiltrated arasaka for the chip at first.
Npc's that interact with you.

Eh, I could go on all day, by you can get the picture. Bring all the stuff that was promised or heavily implied in the trailers and interviews.

Last edited:
yes to all except the name change, you're playing a story driven game from the perspective of the main character who's name happens to be V, then you have the issue of changing all the dialogue to call you "choomba" or your name cos they're not gonna add every name under the sun to the dialogue, I mean fallout 4 added a lot of names to codsworth's dialogue so he actually called you by your characters name for one..ONE scene only, it just seems a lot of hassle and a lot of VA work that needs to be redone....

Can you save your list and edit/add to it as others post here? I've seen a similar post on redit but here would be nice too-

My 2 cents:
Lock items and still see what weapons are in your other 2 inventory slots when changing a weapon out

Access to the gun range 24/7

Animation for when new cyberwear is installed - very anti-climatic as is.

All things below are completely missing and have been included in other similar games for well over a decade,

Law Enforcement mechanics, the police are essentially brain dead out of the box. No pursuits in a car, no traffic infractions from broken laws or accidents, too easy to flee a crime scene on foot and wanted level disappears very quickly. Police cars are just for show, the police never use them in the game to chase you or respond to other AI calls. The fact they spawn on top of you is lazy. ( This is one of my main complaints.)

Paint and/or upgrade vehicles would be nice

AI NPC's like pedestrians have less logic then games like saints row or GTA and that isn't saying much but in 2020. I expect better. The AI is basically non-existent and stupid.

Ability to sell vehicles and repair them would be nice

Vehicle dealerships to buy and sell at are missing

Garage storage would be nice.

A barbershop or plastic surgeon shop scattered about to change hair or whatever. This is common in most RPG's these days. Heck add a station at ripperdocs or home. You cant even change hair after the start of game.

The damage modeling is very minimal, you can slam into the back of a vehicle or object on a motorcycle and you do not wreck 90% of the time, you just bounce off, there is damage and you can fly off the bike but this happens very rarely.

Vehicles can be blown up by explosives but you do not pay for repairs, you simply call for a replacement free of charge.

Better stats on weapons and clothing could be done. At this point it seems like they have random stats like Borderlands. Stats are all over the place and it sucks to have to toss a certain item of clothing or a weapon you love because the one you don't like the look of has higher stats. Even then most weapons are rendered worthless because you can just rush in with a shotgun and take everything down too easily.

How could they leave out so much when they hyped this so much? Its very disappointing.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the future after all or some of this is fixed/added (if it ever is) It would be nice to see a DLC where you are put in the shoes of a street cop.
(blade runner memories) It would be fun.

Maybe also additional extensions to the map as I see there is space for this.
Post automatically merged:

Just to add a couple more features:

Guns need more mods!
- Magazine mods
- Barrel mods
- Muzzle breaks and more varied attachments besides silencers
- more varied mods in general
- weapon / armor maintenance
- Visible cyberware besides the arms! (including all the cool netrunning gear, so we can look like Takemura when we add high grade netrunner gear for example)
- more diverse cyberware, but that would be added later for sure
- MOAR Visible cyberware besides the arms!, that would be great! :D

Crafting!
- the ability to craft items in bulk, not wasting two hours clicking on "Craft" just to gather mats (It should also calculate per resource the % free crafting and other cool perks)
- more craftable gun mods, iconic mods too!

Harder difficulty, Death March! With survival elements, Very hard feels too damn easy tbh :)
- Survival mode, forcing you to eat, drink and sleep (With normal save feature tough, Ironman would suck for CP2077)

And also, please optimize the game so we can actually play with RTX on and 60fps in 4k without raping DLSS with ultra performance :D

Just to add a couple more features:

Guns need more mods!
- Magazine mods
- Barrel mods
- Muzzle breaks and more varied attachments besides silencers
- more varied mods in general

Crafting!
- the ability to craft items in bulk, not wasting two hours clicking on "Craft" just to gather mats (It should also calculate per resource the % free crafting and other cool perks)
- more craftable gun mods, iconic mods too!

Harder difficulty, Death March! With survival elements, Very hard feels too damn easy tbh :)
- Survival mode, forcing you to eat, drink and sleep (With normal save feature tough, Ironman would suck for CP2077)

And also, please optimize the game so we can actually play with RTX on and 60fps in 4k without raping DLSS with ultra performance :D
+1 for the survival elements, it seems food/drink has no purpose other than selling it seems, but it's abundance in the game world makes the eating part of survival elements a bit redundant

-Cybernetic Limb =Steel robotic leg/ robotic Steel arm /Chome Skin/Neon hair/Neon tattoo/ Cyborg eye like melstorm eye/
synthetic blood/Cybernetic Penis like Burning man quest /Missile Boob/ ETC
-unique UI operation
-more Sniper
-more weapon mod
-faction reputation

make game like 60$ game and the last thing chant status game to early Access game

Last edited:
So many things are missing for a 2020 rpg...and im not talking about basic stuff...the city is supposed to be alive and yet...i feal like im on a zombie citie...everytime i trie to explore something,everything is closed(yes you have stores with a board outside sayimg open 24 hours yet...)there is no reason to explore...i lile to travel arpund the city,and mi time around the city is just that walking and exploring to see if theres something there...but i get very sad i cant enter some buildings,some shops,in pacifica all tje buoldings are closed...so...

Guys, please be reasonable. The answer to what most of you are suggesting is just having infinite resources and time.

Not balancing scope and time is what brought the game to the miserable state it's in today.

So I needed a overdose RPG, started Kingdom Come Deliverance today. And I totally forgot that it is first person, too.
But... there are cutscenes.
I really thougth there were cutscenes in CP2077 like they showed it in the 2018, 2019 footage and in x Trailers.
And then I played it. I was so naive.

So many things are missing for a 2020 rpg...and im not talking about basic stuff...the city is supposed to be alive and yet...i feal like im on a zombie citie...everytime i trie to explore something,everything is closed(yes you have stores with a board outside sayimg open 24 hours yet...)there is no reason to explore...i lile to travel arpund the city,and mi time around the city is just that walking and exploring to see if theres something there...but i get very sad i cant enter some buildings,some shops,in pacifica all tje buoldings are closed...so...
Don't try the rollercoaster by daylight. It's so depressing.
I can't remember any game, where I was so disconnected to the enviroment like in CP2077 :giveup:
Tetris, maybe.

And I don't mean the lonesome Cowboy-Exploration like in RDR2. That was okay. Me, my horse and the cougar in the bushes, who ripped me apart in 5 sec. Nature.
But all the NPCs running solo through the megacity (total not normal).
That is depressing, too.

Last edited:
Gang wars.

You never see large scale gang wars in game at any point. If just a few skirmishes here or there. A completely missed opportunity there for an extra act, whereby the gangs go to war against one another and V has to resolve it.

For the sake of avoiding argument, everything I type below this line, is in deference to what "I" think is possible "going forward", WITHOUT changing or removing anything in the game that's already released. I'm not going to go into "mechanical" aspects like NPC A.I. or bugs/glitches. So with that in mind:

CDPR's strongest field is story telling.

So focus on turning this playable, interactive, one-and-done movie script into an ACTUAL RPG that refocuses the game on what matters most in any RPG:

the PLAYER'S story. V's story.

I don't care what ending you worked toward. What side missions and gigs you did or didn't do. How many cars and bikes you bought, how far you leveled your crafting skill, or how big your collection of legendary items is. There is "ONE POINT" in the entire game that is EXACTLY the same for everyone who plays it.

"The Point of No Return". The elevator at Embers.

From the storyline perspective, it doesn't matter what future content is added, if THIS is not the point at which EVERYONE begins to experience it. Because it simply won't be a sensible, cohesive implementation for everyone beyond this point. So logically, this is the only point at which new content (especially content that redirects and refocuses the story) can intervene.

From there, CDPR can do whatever they want with the storyline, without even touching what's already finished. And it can be done in one of two ways:

An entirely new ending that actually resolves the Johnny Silverhand/Relic story with finality (an additional "happy ending" choice available at the point of no return popup screen, something small, patched into the base game

OR:

implemented by a DLC if they want to add something more grand), which then opens the necessary avenues for any story content added by future DLCs.

Just this time, PLEASE let me play MY story like you said I was going to, just 4 months before this travesty released.

Apart from that, a lot of the suggestions I see here are for "asset related" things. Stuff that a proper, official modding kit could easily add to the game. Which would really be a boon for the game's devs, leaving much of that stuff to modders to create and share, which would have the extremely likely effect of lending heavily into replay-ability.

First things first, they should definitely optimize the menues. Menues in CP are way too slow and unresponsive.

Aside from that, there needs to be mass-crafting and -disassembling - especially with customizable rules (don't disassemble quality X, don't disassemble iconic items, auto-disassembling, etc.).

From the aforementioned:
  • Changeable appearance (preferably with added customization options > really would like to have more hair styles (really would love to have Bugbears hairstyle for example), more clothing options (what are tattoos good for if you won't ever see them due to the clothes you wear?), stuff like that)
  • Buyable properties and maybe home decorations (don't get why a millionaire would live inside a run-down appartement)
  • Decent AI and police system (probably hard to change at this point, but oh well...) and more NPCs/cars in general (CPs open world really feels dreadfully dead)
  • At least some basic open world interaction (chairs, eating food, etc.)

Top Bottom