What is going on?

+
I haven't really played CP since it first came out, but decided to boot it up to day, to do another casual play through in patch 1.23.

But im a bit shocked to be honest, my first play through was rather bug free, meaning besides the standard graphic issues etc. But have only manage to get to the part where I have to meet Jackie outside the building after the first little intro mission and have already been forced to reload several times, simply getting out of the building.

First I ran down the hall where there is a dude hitting a woman, so I decide to teach him a lesson the hard way, so I broke his neck :) Decide that I should probably not leave him there in the hallway so picked him up, only to find out that he was now stuck to me and I couldn't drop him again. Had to take a shower in the apartment to force V to drop him, so he was laying there on the floor :( So I picked him up again to see if I could find a place to drop him, and the two policemen knocking at the door outside killed me :(

Reloaded and killed the guy again, but didn't pick him up again, but the policemen were angry at me again and kept flashing that they wanted to attack me, but didn't. Finally got down to Jackie and as I sad down on the chair, something crashed in the background and stuff flying all over the place, probably a car? There are people where part of body is missing and just slowly show up as they get loaded, never had these issue before, I had the whole people popping, which still happens. The issue with items that you can't loot is still there.

Also notice a new bug which I haven't seen before, or maybe its because I haven't fixed the chip at Victor, does anyone know? Anyway, the loot icons on items only show on some items, which makes it a nightmare as now you don't know what you can actually loot or not. But when you go to them you can pick them up. :(

Anyway, now Im stuck in the chat with Jackie and he is just staring at me and I can't do anything, so now im forced to reload yet again. Its like the game is slowly collapsing before my eyes :(

The game is still a hot mess, it will be for the next years I'm afraid until they provide enough updates which will eventually fix the game and it can how was supposed to be at launch. The bugs like that should be reported to the bug/glitches thread if we're being honest here, if you have any provided vids/screenshots it'll help the devs a lot more.
But they'll be here for some time when we get Free DLCS and expansions. But the game doesn't excite me so far.

Anyway, now Im stuck in the chat with Jackie and he is just staring at me and I can't do anything, so now im forced to reload yet again. Its like the game is slowly collapsing before my eyes
Foolish question, but you are not at the moment when you have to "call" your car ? (with tips disabled) And Jackie wait for you in fact :(
For the item's icon, it's at Vick's clinic ? In some areas, item's icons are not showed (I don't know why but it's the same in Judy BD studio at Lizzies Bar).

And for the rest (except the car who crash in the railing), I never have those bug, whatever the version :(

The game is still a hot mess, it will be for the next years I'm afraid until they provide enough updates which will eventually fix the game and it can how was supposed to be at launch. The bugs like that should be reported to the bug/glitches thread if we're being honest here, if you have any provided vids/screenshots it'll help the devs a lot more.
But they'll be here for some time when we get Free DLCS and expansions. But the game doesn't excite me so far.
I think you are right, its to early for another playthrough, I can feel that im already getting frustrated with having to reload so much, and seeing the same bugs and new ones from back then :( Figured out that, the reason you are stuck with Jackie is because you have to call the car while sitting, so guess that is ok.

But they did add some nice things, like the crafting updates, that is good. Also it seems that they expanded some of the areas where V's apartment is? Its like there are some small new areas that I don't remember being there the first time, but maybe I just missed them.
Post automatically merged:

Foolish question, but you are not at the moment when you have to "call" your car ? (with tips disabled) And Jackie wait for you in fact :(
For the item's icon, it's at Vick's clinic ? In some areas, item's icons are not showed (I don't know why but it's the same in Judy BD studio at Lizzies Bar).

And for the rest (except the car who crash in the railing), I never have those bug, whatever the version :(
Yeah figured it out that you have to sit while calling the car, after I had reloaded, so its ok, no big issue :)

In regards to the missing loot icons, maybe it was like that the first play through and I just don't recall. But its really annoying, thats for sure.

I haven't really played CP since it first came out, but decided to boot it up to day, to do another casual play through in patch 1.23.

But im a bit shocked to be honest, my first play through was rather bug free, meaning besides the standard graphic issues etc. But have only manage to get to the part where I have to meet Jackie outside the building after the first little intro mission and have already been forced to reload several times, simply getting out of the building.

First I ran down the hall where there is a dude hitting a woman, so I decide to teach him a lesson the hard way, so I broke his neck :) Decide that I should probably not leave him there in the hallway so picked him up, only to find out that he was now stuck to me and I couldn't drop him again. Had to take a shower in the apartment to force V to drop him, so he was laying there on the floor :( So I picked him up again to see if I could find a place to drop him, and the two policemen knocking at the door outside killed me :(

Reloaded and killed the guy again, but didn't pick him up again, but the policemen were angry at me again and kept flashing that they wanted to attack me, but didn't. Finally got down to Jackie and as I sad down on the chair, something crashed in the background and stuff flying all over the place, probably a car? There are people where part of body is missing and just slowly show up as they get loaded, never had these issue before, I had the whole people popping, which still happens. The issue with items that you can't loot is still there.

Also notice a new bug which I haven't seen before, or maybe its because I haven't fixed the chip at Victor, does anyone know? Anyway, the loot icons on items only show on some items, which makes it a nightmare as now you don't know what you can actually loot or not. But when you go to them you can pick them up. :(

Anyway, now Im stuck in the chat with Jackie and he is just staring at me and I can't do anything, so now im forced to reload yet again. Its like the game is slowly collapsing before my eyes :(
There's a lot of strangeness when it comes to reloading saved games. I've had my share of few strange moments where I reload a game and a guy who's supposed to be stuck in the trunk of a car (a mission) is somehow sitting in the passengers seat, waiting and watching my movement. But when I go and open the trunk, he disappears and emerges from there.

This is something that is vastly underreported in Witcher 3 as well. In early campaign (played just 3 months ago), you enter into this bar and some nilfgaard(?) soldiers come for a drink and you've been warned about them by shopkeeper. I decided first time to challenge these people and I killed them all.

Then I took a reload and tried a pacifist approach, I just drinked with them and then stood up. Weirdly the barkeeper was in frightened position in the ground and I talked to him, and then all the sudden all the guards turned hostile.

So there's probably some stuff in the reloading of assets that doesn't actually reload whole game, and for some reason these few details are somehow stored in memory when they should be discarded upon reloading a save.

Oh man, I'm so happy I played an early version on a moderate PC. Honestly, I didn't have any major bugs and only one forced reload.
Seems like I also had better graphics before the downgrades slipped in...

So there's probably some stuff in the reloading of assets that doesn't actually reload whole game, and for some reason these few details are somehow stored in memory when they should be discarded upon reloading a save.
In CDPR's games, Cyberpunk 2077 to be more precise, the game needs to be restarted in order to perform a "clean" reload. An easy way to confirm that the reload is "dirty" is when you listen to the radio and reload the game the current song will just continue playing.

I've found more bugs in the last version than in December 2020. A shame. But the game is still awesome, though.

Top Bottom