What is the best tank build?

+
20 reflex for evasion? 20 technical for armadillos? 20 cold blood for mitigation perks? 20 stealth cheat death perk? mitigation cyberware parts? 20 athletics for health and mitigation?

what do you gyz think?? also does evasion mean nothing in the game and is it a worthless stat?

maybe none of the above and its better to have a nuke offensive build so as to dish out damage REAL fast and not take damage?

Evasion does nothing, and has never done anything. It's been non-functional since day 1.

My last Very Hard completion was 20 reflex, 20 tech, 12 str and 16 cool. 100% crit chance, sadevistan and pistol/katana.

Everything dies in 1 hit, defenses are irrelevant cause sandevistan makes you faster than bullets and the Qiant from Fingers has such low cooldown that you can have it active almost all the time.

thats crazy my recent playthrough is exactly that build. did it for movement speed in mind since 20 reflexes and 16 cool would grant you the most passive movement speed. i actually leveled 20 technical first so i can get all legendaries quick and also craft ashuara smart weapons for infinite money. then my last attribute to level is athletics plan on getting it to 12, currently im 8. leaving 3 for intelligence

different thing for my build is im using the Militech "Falcon" Sandevistan mk 5 and my mods are the mods that extend duration. legendary overclocked processorss and that cybeare nano relay. think its 24 seconds for slow down forgot the percentage. was thinking of using yours (the qiant scan) and i might try it soon since i have infinite money

I never played as "tank", but if "tank" it's to be able to undergo a large amount of damage without dying quickly in very hard, I suppose :
- "Full mod slot" clothes with "full armadillo" with higher armor value as possible (so crafting skill at level 18 at minimum).
- High body skill for high health point (with cyberware for increasing even more the health).
- Also a little bit of Cold Blood for increasing even more the armor value during fight.
- And maybe also a bersek cyberware.

yea sounds good was thinking of making a 20 athletics 20 tech 20 cool 6 int 5 reflex tank health shotgun build in another playthough next time. with a beserk operating system

this thread is about "VERY HARD" mode. anything else is a joke and very hard is pretty easy too kind of lol

Last edited:
Put everything in Body, Streetfight, a bit of tech for crafting, upgrading your rare powerful weapon and opening Doors.

Find the best melee weapon you can, put all the stat in melee related (boost the robot destroying skill too).

Upgrade yourself with armor, leg/arm replacement and every melee damage booster.

You'll soon one-punch everyone, even more efficient than actual weapons.

Critical is Body 16, because of Double heart cyberware. With this you can make really deadly tank with more different builds. My last play is with Cool20 which have some seriously good damage reduction perks.

This is the tankiest build I can theorycraft:

Attributes:

16 Body/16 Reflexes/3 Intelligence/16 Cool/20 Technical Ability

(In the video I have 3 Technical Ability so thats why I'm not using a tech weapon)

Perks:

Blade Tank build | Cyberpunk 2077 | Nukes & Dragons (nukesdragons.com)

Cyberware:

Frontal Cortex
- Heal-on-kill (epic), Mechatronic Core (legendary)
Occular System - Kiroshi Optics MK3 (epic)
Circulatory System - Bioconductor (epic), Feedback Circuit (legendary), Second Heart (legendary)
Immune System - Cataresist (legendary), Pain Editor (legendary)
Nervous System - Kerensikov (epic), Maneuvering System (rare)
Integumentary System - Heat Converter (epic), Optical Camo (legendary), Subdermal Armour (legendary)
Operating System - QianT Sandevistan MK4
Skeleton - Microrotors (epic), Synaptic Signal Optimiser (epic)
Hands - Smart Link (legendary)
Arms - Gorilla Arms (legendary)
Legs - Reinforced Tendons (rare)

Rationale:

You can definitely be passively tankier by taking Body to 20 since this allows you to take Athletics -> Steel Shell (req 18) and Indestructible (req 20). You can also equip Synaptic Signal Optimiser (legendary) for +60% hp instead of +50% with the epic version, but then you need to find 4 attributes points from somewhere else and not lose any tankiness, which is difficult.

You can also take Cool to 18 to get Stealth -> Cheat Death and Cold Blood -> Pain is an Illusion (req 18) and Immunity (req 20) but again, you have to weigh the attribute cost.

It is possible to get all epic Armadillo mods at level 50 without any Technical Ability but the occurrence rate from vendors is very low as of patch 1.3 so it takes an obscene amount of save scumming. It is very important to stack armour with Armadillos. This build can get over 5k armour before buffs.

It can stand still with a 3 star NCPD bounty with cops wailing on you and you will never die but 4 star spawns a lot of Maxtac melee dudes that can two shot you (even with 861 hp).

Rather than a maximize passive tanking, I decided to keep active tanking options open and not give up damage output. You are passively very tanky but vs 4 star NCPD you will need to use cooldowns to stay alive - Kerensikov, Sandevistan and Optical Camo.

Blades and Tech Weapons are chosen for a reason. Blades for stamina recovery on dodge and +armour while moving, which synergises nicely with the athletics perks that increase health regen while moving. You have infinite stamina so you can dodge forever.

Heal-on-kill allows you to recover 6% hp on kill and there is no internal cooldown. Tech weapons have Feedback Circuit which is also 10% hp recovery on kill and this is useful because you can top up your health at range.

The basic premise of the build is to stack Cold Blood and keep your buffs up permanently by critting enemies. It stacks up to 5 times so you will have permanent 500% health regen, +25% all resistances, +50% armour, +50% melee damage and +150% attack speed.

With 5k+ armour, damage received is reduced to low double digits or single digits and passive health regen from Cold Blood and Athletics perks covers the health loss. Combat health regen activation is really sketchy and I don't know why it sometimes stops or just doesn't trigger, so having +hp on kill is important.

You have Second Heart so you can die once every 2 minutes. Maxtac don't give a damn and will one shot out of nowhere anyway so if your second heart is on cooldown, you need a panic button to de-aggro.

You can do this with Optical Camo. You have QianT Sandevistan MK4 which has a 12 second duration and 15 second cooldown. The cooldown begins after the duration expires. You can get the cooldown to about 1.5 seconds with 3x epic sandevistan heatsinks and Bioconductor, then plugging the gap with Kerensikov. So you will have close to perma time dilation.

Normal combos in time dilation are still broken which is unfortunately, so you need to use strong attacks. Offensive Defense is bugged and misapplies its x3 damage multiplier to strong attacks so you are strongly incentivized to only use strong attacks anyway. While in time dilation, enemies slow down and rate of incoming damage is greatly reduced.

I tested Zetatech Berzerk MK5 and the buffs aren't good enough to justify the trade over a Cyberdeck or Sandevistan. It also does a really annoying stomp animation when you are descending from a double jump and animation locking yourself is a hard NO in my humble opinion.

I would ordinarily use a cyberdeck with 16 Intelligence and 3 Technical Ability but if you want to go NCDP bounty hunting, bear in mind that Maxtac cannot be targeted by quickhacks. You will do much more damage with a cyberdeck equipped due to the shock proc from Legendary Short Circuit.

Last edited:
Limbic System Enhancement (legendary), Visual Cortex Support (legendary)
in your build you have intelligence listed as 3. how can you have this cybeware for that build then?

edit: oh nevermind, misread you said in the video you have 3 technical and 16 intelligence my bad

in your build you have intelligence listed as 3. how can you have this cybeware for that build then?

edit: oh nevermind, misread you said in the video you have 3 technical and 16 intelligence my bad
Anyway, in my memories, I don't think there is any INT skill restriction for installing Cyberdecks (you can install a legendary one with only 3 in INT skill). It only require a Street Cred level to be bought (and installed). In contrary to Sandevistan or Bersek where you need to have a specific Dexterity and Body skill :)
(the only limiting factor is the amount of RAM that you have, some enemies require a large amount, so without any form of skill's reduction, you are not able to upload some QHs).

Edit : My bad...

Last edited:

Yes sorry, I didn't make a new character so I had to theorycraft a technical ability build. My attribute spread is 18/18/16/16/3 (body/reflex/intelligence/cool/technical ability).

I just realized the cyberware loadout is impossible though. You can't have limbic system enhancement/visual cortex support because these require high intelligence.

One issue is I got all my armadillo mods at level 50 pre patch 1.3. After patch 1.3 the vendor occurrence rate for armadillo is really low and you need to save scum for ages to get one to appear. So I don't think this is particularly viable post patch 1.3. Its doable but not at all fun. On my third playthrough I still intend to go minimum technical ability but will just have to accept that lower armour is the soup of the day.

I'll amend the cyberware loadout for theorycrafted tech build.

no problem lol but yea technical ability skill is pretty strong since legendary armadillos are easy to obtain, the passive plus armor and you can craft certain items easily sell, wait 24 hours do it again for infiinite money. also can make every iconic legendary so yea a very strong ability.

the only thing about making infinite money is the skipping of 24 hours all the time. you get use to the "AH FUCKK!!" voice line and glitch effect :ROFLMAO:

20 body with all the good street brawler perks (especially the ones that give health regen while attacking) and all the health increasing athletics perks and then combine that with 20 tech for armor and have armadillo all over with some other cool clothing mods will make you nigh unkillable. Then add things like second heart at cyberware slot and dump the rest of your points into Cool and coldblood.

Top Bottom