What is the best way to deal with Queensguard deck?

+
Only NG can compete with the SK Resurrection Deck with a bit of luck; Surely, other decks might win here and there but SK is most of the time the upperdog. They can pull one card and get +30 strength, it is really a madness! Next patch should look into the "veretan" ability of SK. Devs say that they remove Leader's ability but when you look at their bronze units, 90% are veterans.

pthieu1986;n8662540 said:
Only NG can compete with the SK Resurrection Deck with a bit of luck; Surely, other decks might win here and there but SK is most of the time the upperdog. They can pull one card and get +30 strength, it is really a madness! Next patch should look into the "veretan" ability of SK. Devs say that they remove Leader's ability but when you look at their bronze units, 90% are veterans.

I don't think there is a problem with SK having veteran at the moment as I would say that less than 45% of their cards have veterancy on them. But I do think maybe there is a problem with Queensguard having veterancy.

Everything is OP apparently. Goddamn people just learn to counter stuff instead of calling everything OP...

DMaster2;n8663410 said:
Everything is OP apparently. Goddamn people just learn to counter stuff instead of calling everything OP...

I didn't call them OP. I even asked for suggestions for counters. What are your suggestions for counters?

The_def_star;n8663520 said:
I didn't call them OP. I even asked for suggestions for counters. What are your suggestions for counters?
Vicovaro Medic, Ciprian Viley round 1, Caretaker, Griffin, etc...

I teched letho of gulet and it's working pretty decently. banish all QG. kek Works pretty great against Morkvarg, Olgierd etc. too.

In other matchups it's decent against buff/ramp decks. The tricky part is it's a really low tempo play and it's a gold slot after all.

Last edited:
Atm every queensgard deck relies on having bears on the board for every single turn so anyone recommending medics has no clue what he's talking about. What bothers me is that bears were around before the patch aswell, granted not as good, but until someone declared them part of the netdeck everybody was complaining how NG were the bane of king bran.

Iuliandrei;n8677980 said:
Atm every queensgard deck relies on having bears on the board for every single turn so anyone recommending medics has no clue what he's talking about. What bothers me is that bears were around before the patch aswell, granted not as good, but until someone declared them part of the netdeck everybody was complaining how NG were the bane of king bran.

I am running Nilfgaard deck and I have no problems with those QG. Here are the important cards:
1) Peter Saar - Best universal card from the deck. Just banish one QG from the field;
2) Vicovaro medics (I have 2 of them) to steal freyas or even savage bears hehe.
3) Auckes - this one is counter for savage bears etc. (You absolutely have to have cards like this one or bears will kill your medics)

Others quite useful cards I have:
4) Vanhemar - use frost on QG or Stammelford which is worth 19 points alone.
5) Sweers - to discard freyas or savage bears. Depends.
6) The guardian - with 10 points (which is pretty decent already) it can mess up 2 and 3 round. My best practice is to win 1 round by all means and to weaken enemy in 2 round so that he plays absolutely ALL cards from his hand. In this case the Guardian makes you the 3rd round because you place a "decoy" in his hand instead of a useful Freya etc.
7) Ocvist - (still figuring this out). Quite useful for deck thinning.

You might also find Yen Con and Triss that deals 5 damage useful in this combo-breaker. YenCon devastates skellige in the the long round pretty easy as they do not have massive buffs. Triss is good to wipe that Savage bear.

All the above cards are pretty cheap (200 scraps each) and I would certainly recommend that build. Its fun to play. Attaching screenshot of the whole deck. It is a kind of "whatever I managed to gather" deck, but it is powerful if played correctly.

Attachments

• NG-Anti-QG.jpg
    NG-Anti-QG.jpg
    426.4 KB · Views: 77
Laveley;n8637920 said:
Yeah, but the thing is, the masses will always think something is OP. Than you are implying that will always exist something OP. But the thing is; the masses are frequently wrong.

What are you talking about? Masses are not the problem here. QG is. They're basically somewhat of a (weakened)CRONES, but instead of mustering them from deck they muster from graveyard and considering all the resurrection that SK deck has it is definitely a big problem to deal with. If opponent doesn't have banish/steal cards he's screwed.

By expert mind of OP card abusers my deck should consist of 3 locks, 3 banishes, 3 resets, 6 clear skies, 3 nukes, 3 steal and I will have no problem at all vs any deck. LUL

sund_F;n8684130 said:
What are you talking about? Masses are not the problem here. QG is. They're basically somewhat of a (weakened)CRONES, but instead of mustering them from deck they muster from graveyard and considering all the resurrection that SK deck has it is definitely a big problem to deal with. If opponent doesn't have banish/steal cards he's screwed. By expert mind of OP card abusers my deck should consist of 3 locks, 3 banishes, 3 resets, 6 clear skies, 3 nukes, 3 steal and I will have no problem at all vs any deck. LUL

QG is not op, not even close, there are dozens of counters, and they arent even exclusive counters, like first light and weather. Take cards like peter, vicovaro, caretaker and katakan, they are all natural counters to qg that you probably will be using anyways no matter what.

I don't get how Sweers is supposed to be a counter. Tested it and discarded his freya's, and he just went, Freya from hand, freya-freya-QG.
And what is the problem about calling something OP? My reveal deck is quite strong, and the only deck who beats me fairly easy (even when I win round1) is QG. Queensguard is a mechanic that is simply stronger than the others atm, no shame in saying that.

queensguard decks suffer the mist against NF cause of 1 card vicovaro medic. And now with the next patch the medics will be able to use their ability before the bear hits them. I play Monsters and i use caretaker to steal 1 of their queensguards . It usually cripples them.

Voodoocaster13;n8633230 said:
Nilf can really mess up Queensguard deck. Run 3 medics and as soon as you see his shenanigans start to take place, res them from his graveyard. They will stay nice and safe in your Graveyard, just out of reach from your opponent.

Yeah, definitely. Medics can destroy Queensguard if the opponent pounds a ton of strength into a specific card in the yard. It's just pure synergy... Nilf only though ;)

I find the problem isnt just queens guard its the overall combo of

King bran, Creys, queensguard, shieldmaids and bears everywhere. Plus they usually have sigrdrifa and max freyas.

It overwhelms just by numbers you try to murder they just keep coming back yes you can pluck a few out of graveyard but then your wasting moves to make yourself stronger and barely efffecting them.

If someone knows how to deflect that whole mess please tell me cause im screwed 80% of the time if there deck is built with all of above.

Lypi;n8933810 said:
I find the problem isnt just queens guard its the overall combo of

King bran, Creys, queensguard, shieldmaids and bears everywhere. Plus they usually have sigrdrifa and max freyas.

It overwhelms just by numbers you try to murder they just keep coming back yes you can pluck a few out of graveyard but then your wasting moves to make yourself stronger and barely efffecting them.

If someone knows how to deflect that whole mess please tell me cause im screwed 80% of the time if there deck is built with all of above.

Beating this deck comes down to well timed answers. Don't use your vicovaro medic until round 3 to grab their highest power card from their graveyard. Use your rot tossers when you can guarantee they will go off. Wait on using Auckes until they commit two bears to the board. Use Regis: Higher Vamp on their priests.

If you have room for it run some weather effects. Skellige decks are very susceptible to weather.

Top Bottom