What is the best way to deal with Queensguard deck?

+
Queensguard seems incredibly over powered, how do I counter this tactic

So with my new deck, I am winning a lot more. However, I will always loose if I come up against Queensguard hands. With the single play of a card, they pull 20+ onto the field in round 2 and 3. Doing that in round 3 seems incredibly over powered. Especially if they are buffed. I don't see any way to stop them from being summoned back from the graveyard. I locked two of them and they came back anyway in round 3. If you destroy one, it comes back since they are pulled from everywhere no matter what. So is there any way to actually stop this ability? So many of them have the Queensguard title that you can't lock enough to stop the ability and with the card ability to resurrect a queensguard, all get pulled in. I have lost every time in round 3 (I win round 1 almost always). I try to push round 2 for a win but it just isn't working reliably enough. Any advice/help would be appreciated. I am playing the NG faction, reveal strategy.

QG are powerful but it is far from OP even when they summon then in all 3 rounds. So keep that in mind.

There are couple of way you can destroy them in graveyard. For example you play letho in middle of them and they are done for.
Then you can use griffin to move them from their graveyard to you yours. Then there is vicovaro medic so you summon them from their graveyard.
there is donar and regis which you can use to fish from their deck. Then there is Katakan.....

NG has the only counter to queen's guard. Medic then away! Steal them from your enemies graveyard. But I agree there isn't much you can do with other factions besides NG and Monster.
I always try to win in 2 rounds. Tryhard to win round 1. Then I try to milk second round and force my opponent to play his priests so he cant revive in round 3.

QG can be pretty strong. With my NR deck I have been pretty successful at over powering them in the first two rounds so that we don't even go to the third round.

Short answer, go hard R1 and in R2 either pass ASAP, play CA cards then pass or, if you're feeling particularly confident, go for the 2-0. Trying hard to bleed QG R2 is often a bad idea, as they can drop too much tempo in one card play. If you don't milk all of their Priestess while trying to bleed R2 you're screwed R3.

PandaLin;n9136110 said:
NG has the only counter to queen's guard.

NG has actually 2 counters, Vicovaro Medics and Letho.

Necromancy would work too, in case QG really becomes metadominant, which is not reaaally the case.

Sheva007;n9136290 said:
NG has actually 2 counters, Vicovaro Medics and Letho.

Necromancy would work too, in case QG really becomes metadominant, which is not reaaally the case.

I was thinking about suggesting it. I recently crafted Necromancy and on occasion it's been a real boon.

Does Locking them prevent resurrection?

Win round 1, push them to the last card round 2. They will have to rely on the top deck, if they already spent all their rez, than its gg. Having CA is crucial, like always.

If you loose round 1 though, than you have a very high chance to loose the game.

Thats if you dont have gy manipulation of course, because if you have, than its pretty much autowin.

lomvicmarko;n9136560 said:
Nope when unit goes to graveyard all effects are nullified.

you are right, but thats not why lock doesnt work on qg's.

It doesnt work on them because its the qg thats played who rez the others on the gy and not the others on gy that are ressed when you play a qg.

Laveley;n9136690 said:
you are right, but thats not why lock doesnt work on qg's.

It doesnt work on them because its the qg thats played who rez the others on the gy and not the others on gy that are ressed when you play a qg.

Yeah that is another angle of interaction but even ig all QG are locked and in GY when you res one of them all of them are going to come out anyway :D

lomvicmarko;n9136710 said:
Yeah that is another angle of interaction but even ig all QG are locked and in GY when you res one of them all of them are going to come out anyway :D

Yes, because of what i said.... QG's effect its not an auto-effect, its an effect that affect other units, thats why they being locked on the gy is meaningless.

lomvicmarko;n9136710 said:

Oh. I wasn't specific... this was more along the lines of what I imagined (maybe) working. Thanks for ruling it out as well.

Laveley;n9136740 said:
Yes, because of what i said.... QG's effect its not an auto-effect, its an effect that affect other units, thats why they being locked on the gy is meaningless.

I know what you are saying but I was saying in case if all are in gy and locked and then you use freya, it makes no difference. If lock was still on when you resurrect one QG
effect wouldn't trigger because it is on deploy . If it worked that way then you would have to resurrect one that is not locked to pull the others so locking them all would
shut them down and only way to bring them beck is resurrect into decoy.

Top Bottom