What is the current stance on mod tools/support?

+

Vejsa

Forum regular
After crawling the internet I have struggled to find a concrete answer on whether CP2077 will support mod tools and mods. Does anyone have a more solid response? This game desperately needs mods. I feel like CDPR might wait until some time next year, but I would preferably like it sooner than later. There are a lot of talented modders in the community that can make this game shine a lot better than what we've been given.

I know for sure that I'd like to just fix this game myself by this point. 5 days after release and I'm already considering redoing the whole game if mod tools come out.

They mentioned the game would not launch with mod support but it will be a feature, don't know when tho. I've used lots of mods for the Witcher 3 and they were all really well implimented, I don't make mods so I'm not sure how this differs from game to game but I believe it's the same engine? The wolven tool-kit used for witcher 3 is being updated/patched for Cyberpunk. I'd say it might be a bit before we get any substantial mods but the game isn't even out a week yet so it's no surprise because I'm sure it's a hell of a lot of work for modders

[...]
People are working on the tools. I have high hopes for the modding community of the game. Game desperately needs it.
Updated the link. It was a wrong one before.

Last edited by a moderator:

Vejsa

Forum regular
We dont know yet, maybe. Will see :)

They have a lot of good ideas about the game... will see...will see...
I hope they're more than just good ideas, and actually work. If mods do get supported that'd be cool. If not we just have to trust CDPR.
[...]

Last edited by a moderator:
We dont know yet, maybe. Will see :)

They have a lot of good ideas about the game... will see...will see...
They had lots of "ideas" before the game launched that didn't come to fruition. If they want to promote good will to the gaming community, give us the proper tools. It's the only way this empty game will continue to be played for years

They had lots of "ideas" before the game launched that didn't come to fruition. If they want to promote good will to the gaming community, give us the proper tools. It's the only way this empty game will continue to be played for years
Pretty much. The framework is there. Night City looks gorgeous, it just need to be filled with interesting stuff aside from killing gang members at every corner. This game could become a huge modding playground if CDPR releases the proper tools.

"It's the only way this empty game will continue to be played for years"

It is a pity that this statement was not applied to TW3, although many have repeated it a lot in the forums at that time. Practice criterion is criterion of truth, the rest, 'futurology', adverse speculation ... and 'twisted' ... But I think you are wrong. Mods are a plus, nothing more.
Post automatically merged:

*Something that should be clear, first the CD needs to fix the core game, which is essential for the platforms that will go on ... second, after this step, polish the game in general. I think in that interval, then yes, support for MODs would be welcome, I, in particular, have nothing against it, on the contrary ... I like some mods on TW3.

Imagine if we had a tool to create our own braindances and upload it to the community

yup... we would have A LOT of fcked things but hey... would be in line with the lore of the game

Top Bottom