What is the first thing you'll do in Night City?

+
April 16th 2020. Game installed. Character creation. Tutorial/pologue. Night City is now yours to explore. What is the frst thing you'll do as a player? You follow directly the main quest, do some free roam, start as many side quests as possible?

Personally, I will sightsee Night City and its districts to see how it looks like and get the vibe of it. It's something I do in every open world game. No quests, no real purpose. Just a tourist. Given districts are not hard level gated so you can't access them at all, ofc.

Then I'll test how solid the game is: I'll look for an high level enemy/NPC and see if I can kill him. I'll drive my car into a wall (or other vehicles) to see how the game deals with accidents (car gets damaged, V loses HP, wall's texture change to mimic cracks, if riding a bike V falls?). Steal vehicles to see how different they drive. Start shooting on the crowd to see the crime system. Try to enter buildings and see what happens.

Then I'll probably reload my save and start playing following the "right" path drawn by devs alternating main and side quests (and see how well interconnected the 2 type of misisons are), but first I want to know how solid the game (and its world!) is.

Good question, and good thread idea.

I'll explore a bit, but I also want to take things slow and not see too much of the city too fast. I'll probably stay within the regions the story wants me to at first, only exploring after I've naturally seen everything through missions. However, I'll absolutely explore every nook and cranny of the districts I'm already in.

I'll probably experiment with the crime system, too, and see what interactions are available on random civillians (Stealth takedowns and the like). I'll also test out the alleged self-driving systems for cars.

I'll do as many side missions as humanly possible before progressing further, and then see what Cyberware is available, and what clothing the shops sell.

Romance Meredith Stout. And climb that corporate ladder.

...but that'll take a while I'm assuming.

I will be driving my Quadra Vtech around and getting as many cheeseburgers my eddies can afford!!!

Letting Meredith climb you so you can climb the corporate ladder. That's genius ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Good question, and good thread idea.

I'll explore a bit, but I also want to take things slow and not see too much of the city too fast. I'll probably stay within the regions the story wants me to at first, only exploring after I've naturally seen everything through missions. However, I'll absolutely explore every nook and cranny of the districts I'm already in.

I'll probably experiment with the crime system, too, and see what interactions are available on random civillians (Stealth takedowns and the like). I'll also test out the alleged self-driving systems for cars.

I'll do as many side missions as humanly possible before progressing further, and then see what Cyberware is available, and what clothing the shops sell.

Ya, pretty much what I'll do. I'll play at the pace the game wants me to, at least in the beginning.

Last edited:
First thing? Break into the nearest house. Yup. Maybe steal some stuff, some good stuff. If it's really nice stuff, might break into second nearest house as well.

I want to spend a lot of time in city center and marvel at the eye-candy with the day/night cycle and weather systems. This also includes tweaking graphics and messing with any config files to see what all is possible and how it runs on my hardware in a populous setting. As soon as I have the sweet spot I will continue to explore and get immersed in the world and see what all is possible to do in the beginning.

Also I want to see all the vendors to get an idea for the items and how the economy might work, never hurts to plan early!

Letting Meredith climb you so you can climb the corporate ladder. That's genius ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
I'll be Mr. Street Studd :cool:

Here's hoping the street kid lifepath will attract her... she looks like the kind of person who preys on inferior classes...

I probably going to do after I do the first tutorial mission I'm going to go drive around take a couple screenshots find out a weapon shops & clothing shops and do you know what size a couple side mission for a time start doing the main missions again.

The Devs have said we will have a White Orchard type starting point so we wont be able to roam NC . That being said i want to steal , i mean borrow a Motorbike and feel the wind in my hair baby :cool:

Having grown up in California I would explore hoping to find anything from current day California in the game or hidden as an easter egg.

Probably do the first intro or prologue things. Assuming you get the apprtment early on (within, I dunno, 1 or 3 hours) I will play until then by following the surely existing "path" and once I have it stop following the breadcrumbs and explore and enjoy the city.

If that might take longer to get to, explore the area at the earliest convenience.

Also walk into the next police station I run across if I can, for obvious reasons.

Probably do the first intro or prologue things. Assuming you get the apprtment early on (within, I dunno, 1 or 3 hours) I will play until then by following the surely existing "path" and once I have it stop following the breadcrumbs and explore and enjoy the city.

If that might take longer to get to, explore the area at the earliest convenience.

Also walk into the next police station I run across if I can, for obvious reasons.
Oh my... would be hilarious if you could actually apply, become a cop, and then being able to invade other players worlds when they break the law...

...I would love it :love: ... and hating it :p

I'm hoping 2077 keeps the level recommendations from Witcher 3. While I like to explore, those lay out the developers' idea of story pacing and the balance between main/side activities. I felt they nailed that in TW3.

My first order of business will definitely be poking around NPCs to see how organically side quests pop up, then going on the weirdest possible adventures until a place is too strong and kills me.

Top Bottom