What is the future fix road map, because!

+
So I was curious as to what the road map for up and coming patches and fixes CDPR is looking at introducing over the next months or year?

I never buy day one games, as the current trend with games nowadays is release and patch. I don't really have a problem with this, as games are generally too complex to fix and test in house. There is generally not enough testers in a company, with a wide range of different machines to test it on(PC speaking I mean). I had faith that CP77 probably suffer from a few issues, and TBH when I first played the game on release, I had a few issues, none of them was game breaking, I even streamed it, this was back on my old rig, which in truth wasn't that powerful, and besides a few jittering issues on stream it ran fairly well.

I still had faith in CDPR to fix the game, and I put it aside and decided to come back at another time, after most of the issues were fixed. So fast forward a year later and a few patches. I decided to jump back into the game, and on a technical side, there were fewer issues, but on a gameplay side, the gameplay is rather samey. Go to objective marker kill, pick up an item, mission complete, go to another checkpoint marker, kill and pick up an item. I even tried completing a mission without killing anyone and stealthing my way in, dodging around enemy NPCs and picking up said item, and quietly sneaking back out, aaaaaaand received no extra exp or credits for doing it unseen or with no alerts. In fact, because I never killed anyone, I got fewer rewards. This means, you have to kill everyone and pick up the said item, or you don't level up or get rich very quickly.

Random street NPC's still freak out when you fire a weapon, except, only half do it, and they remain in the Slavic pose, with their hands in the air, until you leave the area. t is especially annoying when they freak out in front of your car, and won't move, so you either reverse into a car behind you or run them over.

NPC duplication is overdone, so often I see the same NPC duplicated 3, 4, or more times walking next to or near each other. It can be very immersive breaking, as is the random despawn and respawning NPCs. You look one way and you see two NPCs walking and look away and back, and suddenly they are gone or replaced with 10 other random or duplicated NPCs. The is most annoying with cars, as you look at the on coming road to cross, you look away step onto the road to cross and a car has spawned in and is running you over. It is like the spawn and NPC randomness code has no conditional check systems.

It all just feels badly implemented or even sloppy, if I didn't know this game was developed by CDPR, I swear the code was developed on Fiver.

I am still hopeful that CCDPR will turn this ship around, and this is why I am curious if they plan or have published the 2022 road map to fixing the game. I have seen the 2022 Q1 free next gen update image. I get that consoles are the leading platforms with full gaming, but it feels like the PC potential the game can reach is being sacrificed for console performance or updates.

The technical side of the game, at least for me, other user experiences might differ, is fairly good, with only one real issue. The graphical flickering or yellow/gold glowing NPC and assets, like buildings or roads, if the game has been running for any length of time. Basically, the textures start flickering.

End of Q1, as you whish ;)
(anyway, it's not for tomorrow and there is no release date...)
The roadmap graphic hasn't been secretly changed again ;-) and it still says Q1. So let's stick with that!
Post automatically merged:

I still had faith in CDPR to fix the game, and I put it aside and decided to come back at another time, after most of the issues were fixed. So fast forward a year later and a few patches. I decided to jump back into the game, and on a technical side, there were fewer issues, but on a gameplay side, the gameplay is rather samey. Go to objective marker kill, pick up an item, mission complete, go to another checkpoint marker, kill and pick up an item. I even tried completing a mission without killing anyone and stealthing my way in, dodging around enemy NPCs and picking up said item, and quietly sneaking back out, aaaaaaand received no extra exp or credits for doing it unseen or with no alerts. In fact, because I never killed anyone, I got fewer rewards. This means, you have to kill everyone and pick up the said item, or you don't level up or get rich very quickly.
Just to comment on gameplay issue - nothing really has changed since Day 1 (unless I've missed something), all the patches etc have been about trying to nail down all the broken parts and making it run smoothly. Which in the main I think it does now, though not 100% for sure. So there's no reason to look for a different gameplay.

There are specific gigs where you get extra credit for no kills or remaining undetected, it's specific to the requirements of the gig. Otherwise I do it sometimes just to feel pleased for myself :)

The structure of the gigs is pretty samey I guess, the individual back-story to each one is something to enjoy (or not) in it's own right. There are some nice inter-connections between some gigs, that's something I wish they'd made more of somehow.

Last edited:
Whats the point in knowing this anyway? No public news only means that the patch is still in state where they aren't certain of it's date and final makeup.

Whats the point in knowing this anyway? No public news only means that the patch is still in state where they aren't certain of it's date and final makeup.
What's the point of knowing the release schedule? It's good to have a target at least to aim for, good for them, good for us.

I guess it might be somewhat useful for people on consoles to decide if there is point upgrading to PS5, wait for 1.5 or play old version or get PC. They most likely have internal deadline. Having it public is bad press if they miss it or change plans and decide to e.g. add something more.

I don't need release dates or even release windows, but I don't mind having general info on what to look forward to. For example, with Witcher 3 we immediately knew there will be two major expansions.
Yes, I like having a sense that there is a solid plan, solid intentions and maybe some informal updates to show progress being made.

Anyway this has been discussed a lot I guess...

CDPR should hold a press conference on which they should announce that Cyberpunk release in December 2020 is non-canon now and all the reviews should be considered as "Cyberpunk Legends". There will be new release date announced by the end of q1 2022. :D

Go to objective marker kill, pick up an item, mission complete, go to another checkpoint marker, kill and pick up an item. I even tried completing a mission without killing anyone and stealthing my way in, dodging around enemy NPCs and picking up said item, and quietly sneaking back out, aaaaaaand received no extra exp or credits for doing it unseen or with no alerts. In fact, because I never killed anyone, I got fewer rewards. This means, you have to kill everyone and pick up the said item, or you don't level up or get rich very quickly.
I think it is difficult to properly reward different gameplay styles in open world(ish) games. If you were rewarded for a pacifist mission completion, you could go back afterwards and kill the NPCs to get double experience. Thus, the game offers non-lethal takedowns but doesn't reward only sneaking by. From a gameplay perspective though, going back and killing everyone is more of an exploit while the current implementation is more of an oversight.

With that being said, swimming in credits and getting to max level are both not too difficult.

NPC duplication is overdone, so often I see the same NPC duplicated 3, 4, or more times walking next to or near each other. It can be very immersive breaking, as is the random despawn and respawning NPCs.
Have you by any chances activated "Slow HDD Mode"? This setting is known to cause NPC duplicates.

I am still hopeful that CCDPR will turn this ship around, and this is why I am curious if they plan or have published the 2022 road map to fixing the game. I have seen the 2022 Q1 free next gen update image. I get that consoles are the leading platforms with full gaming, but it feels like the PC potential the game can reach is being sacrificed for console performance or updates.
For me it seems CDPR does not have a roadmap and I doubt they will have as a detailed roadmap as a year ago. I also assume their plans regarding releasing the next-gen upgrade in 2022Q1 have only been publicly stated because they mentioned it before and scheduled it for late 2021. As a result, this year CDPR will keep following their new non-communication practice and thus announce the expansions as late as possible, with a release date as vague as possible. Likewise, I doubt we will hear anything about any updates or patches once 1.5 has been released.

The road-map has been stalled to at least after the Next-gen edition. This was mentioned in their last investor call when an investor asked if they could expect an update of the roadmap in the near future. They obviously don't like being left in the dark either :p

Will we get a new roadmap after the next-gen release?
The interesting take here is that they're gonna wait to see what happens with the next-gen edition before they do so. This could mean that if it releases well we could see follow up DLC. If it doesn't it might mean more patching.
(My old quote on that)

Let's be honest, once 1.5 releases this is what we're going to get..
roadmap.jpg

(These paint skills are quite amazing, as you can see )

They've treated the roadmap as an afterthought. It's my hope they'll eventually start using it. The next-gen launch would be the perfect moment to regroup and actually start laying out a rough draft of what we can expect. Once the game is on "stable footing" so to speak they can focus all effort toward "Expansion 01" and planning in "updates, improvements and free DLC's" to hold us over until then.

They did say they were going to release more information about the next gen edition this year. The quarter is still long, so there's ample room to really do anything. They seemed pretty positive about their progress. The update is in a "patching and testing stage" so maybe if we're lucky we'll get something this month or the next. Otherwise end of Q1 is all but a guarantee.

Top Bottom