What is the future fix road map, because!

+
I frankly don't care about the number they give to it. They could name it 2.0 or 4.5 for all I care. As such, I wouldn't call it a mistake.

I'm also 99.9% certain the version numbers hold little importance for the vast majority of players out there. The content of said patch is far more important.

We'll see what's in it soon enough.
Good for you, Sir. I feel the same. Now, pay attention, would you kindly?

I was commenting about how they're presenting it to be larger than it most likely will be. I would grant anyone that it's certainly not anywhere near a year ago where they presented trailers for patches... However; It does not speak highly to their hindsight when that impression is pushed out to media and investors, then the quest director streams to the more dedicated crowd to not get their hopes up.

Good for you, Sir. I feel the same. Now, pay attention, would you kindly?

Right back at ya buddy.

And I was commenting how we'll see soon enough what's in it. They've been positioning it as something big regardless of version number. Far before the announcement of "skipping" 1.4. Until the patch's release, I'm not going to get into any kind of speculating/commenting about the patch or CDPR's handling of that. There was obvious groundwork being laid down in previous patches and this could very well be far bigger than previous patches. Or it could be a complete flop.

We'll see soon enough, until then, if you feel like being rude again... Just don't.

Right back at ya buddy.

And I was commenting how we'll see soon enough what's in it. They've been positioning it as something big regardless of version number. Far before the announcement of "skipping" 1.4. Until the patch's release, I'm not going to get into any kind of speculating/commenting about the patch or CDPR's handling of that. There was obvious groundwork being laid down in previous patches and this could very well be far bigger than previous patches. Or it could be a complete flop.
Would you mind elaborating on this groundwork? What has been done that would lead someone to have confidence that this patch itself would be bigger than the previous iterations? I'm not asking for speculation on the patch itself, nor am I insinuating how you feel about it. I'm very specifically inquiring about the work done that would reasonably indicate this patch could be something above and beyond what we've seen previously.

Would you mind elaborating on this groundwork? What has been done that would lead someone to have confidence that this patch itself would be bigger than the previous iterations? I'm not asking for speculation on the patch itself, nor am I insinuating how you feel about it. I'm very specifically inquiring about the work done that would reasonably indicate this patch could be something above and beyond what we've seen previously.

I do mind. From your previous post I get the impression that you're fishing for confrontation. Which I have no interest in and neither do the moderators or other forum members.

So this will be the extent of my participation in that.

You have yourself a good day.

I do mind. From your previous post I get the impression that you're fishing for confrontation. Which I have no interest in and neither do the moderators or other forum members.

So this will be the extent of my participation in that.

You have yourself a good day.
No, actually. I am genuinely curious to read what I am missing. I will suggest you don't try to start a conversation with "IDGAFWYT" next time if this is the case. We will both move on from this then. Enjoy your evening.

it will be half-arse due to the fact PC and console are tied together with the engine used, the best thing CDPR could have done over the last year is disentangle the limitations console and potato spec PCs placed on the engine, but that chance has well and truly passed should have had a 8-12 phyical core with 32GB free memory + 12GB VRAM GFX card as the very minimum requirements from the start would have had 1/2 a chance of meeting the expectations of the game if they went for that from the start.

...that would make it too demanding for most people. Especially with how hard it is to get 3080 and if you are thinking of making a game that you need few years to play (or most people at least), imo that would be the wrong thing to do. After all the matrix demo showed that the gaming technology might take quite a different path and in few years CP77 might be too old to be played:)

...that would make it too demanding for most people. Especially with how hard it is to get 3080 and if you are thinking of making a game that you need few years to play (or most people at least), imo that would be the wrong thing to do. After all the matrix demo showed that the gaming technology might take quite a different path and in few years CP77 might be too old to be played:)

I dont think so. Cyberpunk will always have that 3d animated movie look. Mario 8 bits is still playable and even the Atari classics.

I dont think so. Cyberpunk will always have that 3d animated movie look. Mario 8 bits is still playable and even the Atari classics.
For a person for whom the graphics are so important? Anyway, I mentioned the matrix demo as it shows new technology (nano I think it was called, but not sure about it) that appears (at least to me) to remove the lod popping we currently have.

Anyway, I forgot one thing: streaming services. Digital foundry had surprisingly good experience with the nvidia one (I wanted to link the video, but can't seem to find it:) ) and that might be a way to get powerful hardware for most people. Although the internet connection can be a problem.
Post automatically merged:

Last edited:
For a person for whom the graphics are so important? Anyway, I mentioned the matrix demo as it shows new technology (nano I think it was called, but not sure about it) that appears (at least to me) to remove the lod popping we currently have.

Anyway, I forgot one thing: streaming services. Digital foundry had surprisingly good experience with the nvidia one (I wanted to link the video, but can't seem to find it:) ) and that might be a way to get powerful hardware for most people. Although the internet connection can be a problem.
Nanite. It's not a part of the Matrix, it's a UE5 feature.

Nanite is an internal decimation technique where artist can effectively skip large parts of the art > game pipeline... IIIIIFFFF you have no problem with your game coming it at several terabytes. The Ancients demo for UE5 on PC is roughly 100 Gigs, this thing last roughly 10 minutes - if you take your time just looking around. It has one combat encounter with decent animation. No pickups, no real UI, no voice acting, a handful of animations, no interactions, no cut scenes, etc.

The Matrix 'game' itself could hardly be called anything more than a tech demo. While visually impressive, mostly; you walk around doing whole lot of nothing. It's a tech demo, and like every single tech demo for every engine and every game over the last 20 years - it only means as much as Time multiplied by Money divided by Hardware will allow. Gears of War 1, and every entry since with perhaps the exception of 5, looked nothing like the preceding tech demo. Same with Unreal Championship, Halo 2, Half-Life 2, etc. I'm sorry to poo poo on your parade, but this is the reality.

This is a really old thread but I wanted to put it here because it was relevant. They have updated the "roadmap". I don't know whether i'm the first to figure this one out or there's already a thread about it -- I did my best to search. But the roadmap has been updated as of Updated on February 18, 2022

Updated on February 18, 2022

Dear gamers,

Ever since launch, we’ve been constantly working on Cyberpunk 2077, steadily improving the game across the board on all platforms, as well as adding new features and content. So far we have released 12 updates of various scopes in total, the latest one being Patch 1.5 — Next-Generation Update, released on February 15, 2022.

For players on Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 5, Patch 1.5 marks the introduction of a dedicated next-gen version of the game featuring enhancements like dynamic 4K scaling and ray-tracing features on Xbox Series X and PlayStation 5, faster loading times, and better reflections, among others. All of this, fueled by the extra power of next-gen hardware, is available to owners of the PlayStation 4 and Xbox One version of Cyberpunk 2077 via a free upgrade.

Patch 1.5 also came with dozens of improvements for versions of the game for all platforms: from technical to gameplay, to narrative, and beyond. Overhauled Fixer and Gig gameplay, revamped crowd reaction AI, tweaks to the UI, map and open world, and new character relationship-related interactions are just some of the examples of the changes made.

Furthermore, this latest update also comes with new pieces of free additional content that expands what Cyberpunk 2077 has to offer gamers: rentable apartments featuring unique player character interactions, fresh weapons and gear, new customization options, and more.

So, what comes next? The plan hasn’t changed and involves providing support for Cyberpunk 2077 moving forward — further optimizing the game, resolving issues that might impact the game’s performance, stability, and gameplay, and so on. Making sure that each version of the game works best on a given platform will be a driving force in deciding on the scope and range of future updates.

On that note, make sure to follow the game’s official channels and website to keep tabs on all things coming to Cyberpunk 2077 in the future. And until then, we hope you’ll enjoy everything Night City has to offer!

And they have removed the roadmap as of now. Which sucks.

This is a really old thread but I wanted to put it here because it was relevant. They have updated the "roadmap". I don't know whether i'm the first to figure this one out or there's already a thread about it -- I did my best to search. But the roadmap has been updated as of Updated on February 18, 2022

And they have removed the roadmap as of now. Which sucks.

Yeah, and the statement has zero mention of DLC, expansions, or any future products related to Cyberpunk 2077. Maybe because they are in the process of revamping their plans now that 1.5 is out (and seems to be doing well). But it does make us fans of the franchise nervous...we want to see the momentum created by 1.5 continue, and without some expectation of what's next beyond "stay tuned for updates" that's hard.

In a middle of april there will be yearly report for 2021 so this is where they will probably tell more about roadmap for the rest of 2022.

Yeah, and the statement has zero mention of DLC, expansions, or any future products related to Cyberpunk 2077. Maybe because they are in the process of revamping their plans now that 1.5 is out (and seems to be doing well). But it does make us fans of the franchise nervous...we want to see the momentum created by 1.5 continue, and without some expectation of what's next beyond "stay tuned for updates" that's hard.
Honestly, I think the roadmap served its purpose and it was previously intended to be an actual roadmap, but later CDPR decided to neglect it and it became more of a version history than a roadmap. At this point, I think the removal of said roadmap does not state anything about their intentions.

Top Bottom