What is the Item Level?

+

geocp

Forum regular
Im not sure if that is a thing anymore. A year back there were specific resistances in clothing against specific types of damage. I think they might have removed those. But its possible they are still in

It's still a thing.
Check out the inventory pics I posted in the previous page.

DC9V

Forum veteran
I just dropped a REQ item (pants) by accident in the heat of battle (it said I had to lighten my inventory) and now I can't find it anymore... what exactly does REQ mean in this context? Do I need those pants for my current mission or something?
It means that there's a certain character level required to equip that item. No need to worry unless it was a legendary or iconic one. :)

Yes REQ (Required) with clothes it's only the level. (Your level is too low to equip it)
For the weapons, it's could be level, body skill (or smart weapon implant, but only displayed on the full description)

If you drop a common pants with REQ in red, no problem. It's certainly not a good item (maybe a good idea to dismantle rather than drop them) ;)

(the quest items, it's impossible to drop/dismantle them, no worries)

Last edited:
Ooooh I see! They could've certainly used a clearer tag for that, "required" is not exactly fitting for what it's supposed to mean.
I was genuinely worried I dropped something that was required to proceed. 😅
Thanks for clearing it up!
The strange thing was, when I looked at the bag with the dropped items, none of them showed the REQ tag, but I guess it doesn't matter now. :)

Yes, it's normal.
In cyberpunk, if you go far enough (or save and reload), the contener (crate/bags/body) reload the items contained. All the REQ items get back to your level (except for some legendary clothes).
And quest items have a little "!" in yellow circle. You can't miss them ;)

Top Bottom