What is the Overwatch rifle for?

+
Quest, required, or otherwise super important items are marked with a yellow exclamation mark. The blue Overwatch rifle is marked with this exclamation mark even to the point that crafting higher levels of the rifle does not consume the blue one.

But, these items with the exclamation mark also cannot be removed from your inventory even by putting them in the stash. But they still take weight to carry around. Also, they clutter the inventory. So I'm trying to figure out if the Overwatch rifle is just bugged by being marked as a quest/required item or if it's actually used for something else that I simply have not found, yet. At any rate. I want it gone from my inventory, but i have no idea how to do that.

I can put mine into the stash just fine but mine is also orange by now! Maybe... it stops being a quest thingy once you upgrade it to purple?

It's also one of the weapons that are shown in your stash inside the apt! So my guess is, it bugged out for you... :censored:

Quest, required, or otherwise super important items are marked with a yellow exclamation mark. The blue Overwatch rifle is marked with this exclamation mark even to the point that crafting higher levels of the rifle does not consume the blue one.

But, these items with the exclamation mark also cannot be removed from your inventory even by putting them in the stash. But they still take weight to carry around. Also, they clutter the inventory. So I'm trying to figure out if the Overwatch rifle is just bugged by being marked as a quest/required item or if it's actually used for something else that I simply have not found, yet. At any rate. I want it gone from my inventory, but i have no idea how to do that.
Sounds like you got a bug. It's an iconic weapon I received at the end of a quest, but I'm able to put it in my stash. Although being upgradable, I didn't use it much. Once I found Sparky and HMGs it was game over for most guns.

Sounds like you got a bug. It's an iconic weapon I received at the end of a quest, but I'm able to put it in my stash. Although being upgradable, I didn't use it much. Once I found Sparky and HMGs it was game over for most guns.

It's doing this only for items with the exclamation mark on them. Other iconics work as you think they would. But now, I've got a blue, purple, and legendary copy of Johnny's jacket in my inventory. All marked with the quest icon. Only the highest copy of any of this equipment can be stashed. The others are permanently in my inventory and can't be stashed, sold, disassembled, or dropped. I don't even want to upgrade Johnny's other clothing at all because I don't want all those extra copies of it. But the legendary Overwatch I have can be stashed just fine. It's the blue one that can't. The Overwatch at least didn't leave the purple copy around. It disappeared when I made the legendary one unlike Johnny's jacket which left a copy of each.

That just goes to show it wasn't a one time bug. The Overwatch I crafted a few days before I made this post. Johnny's jacket I made yesterday. So several days apart.

yeah definetly a bug.. i had same on Fenrir in my 1st play...
blue one went to purple with exclamation mark.. and purple one stayed in my inv even after I've made gold one..
And I couldn't get rid of it till the very end of the game

I have about 50 extra weight from the duplicate items. That's pretty noticeable. Hope it's fixed before I start my second playthrough.

It's a good sniper rifle, i really love it

This.

Silenced sniper rifle that can shoot through walls even if it's a Power weapon.

I've crafted the legendary version and I can pretty much clear a building from the outside with this gun. Ping any device, tag the enemies and lay waste to them at your leisure.

With my gear and spec build I'm getting headshot crits of between 20-30k with this rifle, and that's with only 7 points in Cool and the perks Silent & Deadly and Strike from the Shadows. If you're using a Cool focused build the damage would be even more insane.

If you're using a Cool focused build the damage would be even more insane.
you dont even know HOW insane))
there's a small demo of what can it do :)
1m+.png

Top Bottom