What is the point of playing non-lethal?

+
i always wondered how would non-lethal cyberware would work? i mean you point a big revolver at someones head but your bullet doesnt kill the dude lol? does it make the bullet explode before impact as too KNOCK out the dude or do your bullets turn to rubber :ROFLMAO:
That's what happens when you introduce a game mechanics just for the flavour at the end of development. Devs didn't really thought about it, they introduced it just to make some people happy (= marketing).

I'm still not entirely sure on what the point of stealth is? Gig to eliminate target, sneak into area w/o raising any alerts, sneak up behind target and break their neck = full defcon 5 alarms are now raised and everyone is looking for me... wth?

Same with being a netrunner. Samev scenario except this time I hack into the camera's to find target, find said target and hit em with suicide... full defcon 5valatms raised and my position is being revealed... wth?

Love the game and been having a blast with it but some of these mechanics are just poorly designed by a developer that should know better.

Really seems like the only true way to play is going full Rambo guns a blazing.

Don't forget that CP2077 is based on the pen and paper RPG created by Mr Pondsmith. Unless the devs tell us, we won't know what was adapted from the source material and what was created from scratch for the computer game.
Games like Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, Eye of the Beholder are also based on pen n paper RPGs, in this case D&D.

It still a game :)
yea for sure, there are tons of things that are silly and science fiction type but i think maybe having a tazer weapon be on par with guns would have been a good idea. if in the future you think non-lethal weapons would be really advanced especially against cybernetic people.

Regina is pleased if you don't kill the cyberpsychos and there are a few occasions where not killing a boss enemy will give you a different outcome later in the game.
When it comes to regular street thugs, it makes no difference other than roleplaying a semi pacifist build.

When it comes to takedowns, I always like to roleplay and think the situation I'm in and then make the decision if the person deserves to die or not. E.g. the one vandal spray painting on Brendan (the vending machine) I just take out non lethally because I don't feel that he deserves to die just because of that. But then like a group of enemies who run an underground BD studio and regularly kidnap and kill innocent people, I go full on neck snapping.

Deus Ex Human Revolution handled non-lethal "kills" differently. One weapon available to the protagonist was a dart gun that tranquilised the target. Problem was, other enemies would be alerted if they saw a comatose body. The dart gun also had a slow rate of fire and held only 5 rounds in the magazine. Ammo was also somewhat difficult to come by.
Made for an interesting playthrough.

Regarding non-lethality I was quite surprised there wasn't an achievement ala Dishonored for getting through the entire game without killing anyone. But if this was something they added last minute then this most likely wasn't considered.

i always wondered how would non-lethal cyberware would work? i mean you point a big revolver at someones head but your bullet doesnt kill the dude lol? does it make the bullet explode before impact as too KNOCK out the dude or do your bullets turn to rubber :ROFLMAO:
Dude.. even getting one gunshot in real life is already lethal. And in this game you can take a lot of bullets before dying. It's a video game.

I actually like the fact that the game let's you experiment with all the tools you're given without punishing you. I'm still pissed of at Dishonored, a great game, but I never replayed it just because of that kind of mechanic

Dude.. even getting one gunshot in real life is already lethal. And in this game you can take a lot of bullets before dying. It's a video game.
Apart from first person vs. third person, the bullet sponge design was one of the biggest complaints about the game. There are a lot of us who don't accept that as a reasonable game design for a videogame that tries to be anything other than a basic loot shooter. The concept of lethality and non-lethality is poorly implemented in the game. But I think most of us have decided to live with that defect (defect in our opinion - not everybody's opinion), and moved on from it.

Apart from first person vs. third person, the bullet sponge design was one of the biggest complaints about the game. There are a lot of us who don't accept that as a reasonable game design for a videogame that tries to be anything other than a basic loot shooter. The concept of lethality and non-lethality is poorly implemented in the game. But I think most of us have decided to live with that defect (defect in our opinion - not everybody's opinion), and moved on from it.
yeah, but if the enemies were too easy people would complaint too..

The point of playing non-lethally is... to play non-lethally. I definitely prefer when the game gives you a choice of playing the game non-lethally instead of forcing some sort of arbitrary reasons for playing the game one way over the other, as someone who really despised character progression system in Deus Ex: Human Revolution (what's the point of freedom of gameplay, when the game takes away most of your EXP points for not being silent/merciful enough).

Outside of that, there are quests that are affected by your approach, like for example the mission with saving the monk, which changes his entire attitude toward you when you are reunited later on, or the outcome of the quest with Gustavo Orta (if you are non-lethal toward his men, he will talk to you, if you slaughter his men, he will attack you instantly). Another thing is that how lethal or non-lethal you are toward gang members, affect how they will react to you on the streets (if you spare them, they will be less hostile and might even aid you if you are attacked, if you keep killing them, they will attack you if they recognize you on the street).

Moral points. :D Your karma has been cleansed each time you went non-lethal.

The ones I was really careful about - cyberpsychos. Just didn't want to get on Regina's bad side.
And maybe hopes for a future update, where specifically those who didn't kill a single cyberpsycho :think:..and when they are healed thanks to advanced BD tech they become your allies in...<some sort of event>. I think it would be quite awesome! Maybe could be a future multiplayer feature.

i would rather have long range non-lethal weapons like tazers or electromagnetic guns instead of a mod that you put in your cyber-ware that makes bullet balistic guns non-lethal. thats all im saying. could have made some sort of star trek stun gun or something heh

Top Bottom