What is the point of playing non-lethal?

+
I am very happy with the non-lethal option. It is fun to be as soft as possible to my enemies ( but as hard as necessary ) and I never like killing people in games. So this is a nice RP opportunity that makes me playing creative to get my jobs done.

Except you don't even have to use non-leathal weapons for those missions. Your guns won't kill them.

Really? I thought that's due to one of my cyberware mods! Sooo... you can't actually bork the Cyberpsyho quest then by accidentally killing 'em anyway?!

Meow :(

It's a Harder Mode for the game, you get less XP and less Street Credit and don't collect the bounties for people you leave alive.

That's not true, at least not totally, or at least as a netrunner. You get the full bounty for leaving them alive and the full xp. They only thing you loose out on is a little bit of Street Cred, and that's only if you were going to get a headshot. It considers non-lethal as bodyshots.

Sometimes you get patted in the back with some NPC dialog after you finish the mission without bloodshed. I can't really complain, if anything its just a lost mod slot (given you're using PAX).

This game has not non-lethal gameplay at all. Why creators promised that? Another lie to increase sales numbers?? Steath gameplay is pointless when you have to massacre dozens of enemies as Johnny for ex. What's the point?
Moreover - why game has no filters for insane level of profanity in this game and sex scenes? In RPG with so wide audience this should be standard. Where's 'play however you want' promised gameplay? I don't want to hear 'f...k' every in single line. It's just very stupid move from CDPR.

It matters for one of the big side gigs! The Cyberpsychos but uh... it is a lil' disappointing that there's no point to it otherwise :(

Maybe eventually tho, eh?
If this is the Cyberpsycho mission I assume you're referencing; I pumped several shotgun rounds into his face and killed him but by the end of the mission I, apparently, still spared his life, according to what I told Regina!

This game has not non-lethal gameplay at all. Why creators promised that? Another lie to increase sales numbers?? Steath gameplay is pointless when you have to massacre dozens of enemies as Johnny for ex. What's the point?
Moreover - why game has no filters for insane level of profanity in this game and sex scenes? In RPG with so wide audience this should be standard. Where's 'play however you want' promised gameplay? I don't want to hear 'f...k' every in single line. It's just very stupid move from CDPR.

It's a mature game for a mature audience. If you don't like that play another game.

The word "f*ck" is very much part of this world tho, in more than one sense! Also, there are about 5000 threads comlaining about too little nudity already - and you still want to filter what little we have out? I mean - if it's on option, sure! But I wanna have an option for even more nudity and profanity too then! I think you already have the filters for the sex scenes... and most other mature themes...

People are different, hence they expect different things - But more options are never a bad thing! ;)

So you've chosen to be offended by the word "fuck" in an adult rated video game that contains violence, corporate corruption and sex? If this offends you maybe you should turn off the TV, log off the internet and stop watching movies! :rolleyes:

It seems you get better rewards on some gigs and side missions if you complete then Stealth and non lethal. I am only assuming this from the Message you get when you complete them. She says you did it like a pro. you get better money/rep. I have no idea, but just in case I use non lethal mods

Last edited:
Some quests will give you bonus rewards for completing them non-lethally + I had conversations with Johny Silverhand after such missions where he talks about that.

It seems you get better rewards on some gigs and side missions if you complete then Stealth and non lethal. I am only assuming this from the Message you get when you complete then. She says you did it like a pro. you get better money/rep. I have no idea, but just in case I use non lethal mods

Only if it's one of the optional objectives, and Stealth is all that matters, except in the case of the cyberpsychos. The optional rewards are simply maybe a couple hundred eddies too, nothing to write home about.

Really? I thought that's due to one of my cyberware mods! Sooo... you can't actually bork the Cyberpsyho quest then by accidentally killing 'em anyway?!

Meow :(
No, you can still kill them, just the last bit of damage will generally be a knockout, and if you're careful and not spray and praying, you can keep them that way... or shoot them again to finish the job. Maybe avoid headshots, too. I always do the last bit of damage as a kneecap.

No, you can still kill them, just the last bit of damage will generally be a knockout, and if you're careful and not spray and praying, you can keep them that way... or shoot them again to finish the job. Maybe avoid headshots, too. I always do the last bit of damage as a kneecap.

I usually try and punch them while panicking really hard :p

I get the feeling sometimes some of its non lethal regardless and you just knock the enemy out much like the cyberphycho's

With the cyberphycho's you pretty much need to deliberately go up to them after you've defeated them and put a bullet in there head to kill them, even if you have used nothing but lethal weapons to begin with, the same rule applies to quite a few "boss" or npc you encounter, case in point the vodoo boys leadership, i thought i wiped them out but a day later i received a message from placide to watch my back, needless to say in subsequent playthroughs once i downed them i then put more bullets in them an recieved no message

There are several missions where the dialogue states you killed someone even if you didn't.

In two Pscyho missions, I actually killed my target, but the following talk made it out as if they survived anyway.

My first two runs I went mostly non-lethal if I could avoid it but I made a third character who is a hacker/engineer Street Kid and decided to do the exact opposite approach of being a completely merciless "no survivors" type of character.

To the point where if I down an enemy and they are still squirming on the ground I will go out of my way to shoot them in the head just to make sure they are dead.

It's like asking: Why include stealth options in a game? Seems there's no point spending huge amounts of time slinking around when we can just step out putting 1 in the chest and 2 in the head.

It's about options, the more the better.

Top Bottom