What is the point of playing non-lethal?

+
I had this one cyberpsycho quest where I was asked to bring him in alive. I installed non-lethal mod on my weapon and took him down. After a while I looted the area and found an encrypted message that I accidentally closed instead of decrypting it. Couldn't find the message on my endless list of shards so I decided to reload a save and repeat the thing. This time I didn't bother to mod my weapon and I killed him dead, then decrypted the message. What happened was my fixer never mentioned anything about it when I returned the quest to her on both occasions. Later I read somewhere on the net that it doesn't seem to make a difference for that particular quest chain whether I take them alive or dead.

Another mission later on had this monk fellow that I was saving. The quest giver asked for no bloodshed and it was OK by me as I always favor non-lethal stealth takedowns. I used non-lethal takedown on all the enemies on the map and hid their bodies in safe places (not in containers as the area didn't have any) but upon saving the hostage I got yelled at for shedding blood.
Apparently that was another mission where non-lethal mattered none. Pretty sure you can't talk your way through that mission but there's a slight possibility I could have managed to distract the enemies to open a safe way to the hostage. Too bad I don't have a manual save from that part to check. Guess that's a thing for the later play through.
That quest with monks was the first time when the game irritated me so much (not counting crashes of course). I have silently put all psychos to sleep but the monk yelled at me too. It was the moment when something broke inside me and I started killing with cold blood... :p
No, there was no way to safe that monk without fight. Quest was quite specific to eliminate all hostiles. If you tried to approach the maelstorm guarding a front door, he threatened you with a gun to go away.

Has anyone tried finishing the skippy mission where you hand in skippy back to her then completed the cyberpsycho missions? Could get skippy unlocked maybe and able to make legendary class??? Just a thought?

I did the skippy mission, giving him back to Regina.

And nothing happened, you just receive some cash, Regina is happy, and that's it, no further effects.

Skippy is a collectible, he shows up on the room, so it's a choice, either keep him and fail the mission, or give him to Regina and have an incomplete wall.
Post automatically merged:

What's the point of playing non-lethal?
  1. Cyberpsychos for Regina
  2. I get to make more finishing kills. I enjoy that.

You can kill them after taking Regina's payment, and she won't call complaining about it (as far as I tested).

But I have this feeling that Non lethal was one of those things that developers put in the game just because people wanted (and Deus Ex had it), not because there would be an important gameplay mechanic around it.

No personal morality system, no world reaction (vendors raising their priced because you get an assassin rep, or gang members treating you with fear because they know you're an assassin), families putting bounty on your head because you killed one too many, vendors showing special goods because you solve problems without killing.

Same goes to the apartment: it's there, it's cool, but just have no use in gameplay (sleeping don't grant any effect).

Eating, drinking, and sleeping at home grants no gameplay effect. You can't call friends/romantic interests to drink/eat in your house, and even for watching TV or to use the mirror, the player must be perfectly on position.

And the same goes for nudity. You can walk around naked, but people in the streets doesn't react.

Completing missions naked doesn't grant bonuses. If you cause riot naked there won't be any news reporting some funny story about it.

I think that the lack of consequence make these mechanics useless.

Last edited:
This game has not non-lethal gameplay at all. Why creators promised that? Another lie to increase sales numbers?? Steath gameplay is pointless when you have to massacre dozens of enemies as Johnny for ex. What's the point?
Moreover - why game has no filters for insane level of profanity in this game and sex scenes? In RPG with so wide audience this should be standard. Where's 'play however you want' promised gameplay? I don't want to hear 'f...k' every in single line. It's just very stupid move from CDPR.
Game is rated M, not T.

I guess they had intention for some sort of reactivity with your play behavior, but I guess they scrapped it and we were only left with remains of it like the non lethal takedowns, non lethal mods and nades.

I am doing a non lethal playthrough to see if there are any affects in dialogue. Just hoping that people I knocked out who get blown up by their own friends nades don't count or this might not be possible while keeping my sanity.

I am doing a non lethal playthrough to see if there are any affects in dialogue. Just hoping that people I knocked out who get blown up by their own friends nades don't count or this might not be possible while keeping my sanity.

GL with that, i tried but few hours later i just said eff it. You sneeze next to a body they blow up and fly all over. Or you think you drop a body in safe space they blow up. Hell if your on mission with a npc and they walk over a body they blow up, haha.. this game ;)

The game gives you a fair amount of options for playing non-lethal, flashbangs, non-lethal takedowns, you can even get cyberware to make your smartguns non-lethal. But what is the point? It doesn't seem to affect anything in the story outside of maybe one fight and it doesn't seem to affect anyone's opinions about V. Just something I noticed today. It might be cool if there were things that got affected by whether or not V actually gives a damn about human life.
It is something that might be a reference to DEUS EX where you almost never go through the main entrance guns blazing. It was a very stealth based gameplay.
And also - it makes sense in CP only because you might want to level stealth up , so you get some cool perks

Thread too long, didn't read :<
On my first playthrough I played full lethal.
I found the city very empty in the endgame.

Second one non-lethal on random encounters, don't pick the job's loot just the bodies : the mission stays incomplete and the ennemies respawn later to be farmed again.

If you incapacitate someone you get street cred+xp...if you finish them after you get more street cred.

There's mods to put on lethal weapons to keep them from being lethal, but there is no mod to turn a non-lethal weapon into a lethal weapon. This makes me sad.

I think it was added for less gore and RP. it was more of an after though , I think most of the content in the game was cut that's why it was pushed back over and over , not because it wasn't finished , but simply because it was being gutted tbh
but then I don't clam to know the going ons of the corpo world

That game is one big missed opportunity. I cant believe how disappointing it is... ehh. Even if they fix bugs, there are still so many core features that are missing, and probably wont be implemented coz it would drastically change gameplay. Right now I just hope they will fix it, and give us proper moding tools.

That game is one big missed opportunity. I cant believe how disappointing it is... ehh. Even if they fix bugs, there are still so many core features that are missing, and probably wont be implemented coz it would drastically change gameplay. Right now I just hope they will fix it, and give us proper moding tools.
cross fingers for directors cut XD

nonlethal approach gives you more XP.... you take them down nonlethaly, get XP for that, then you kill them, and get another XP...

There is some missions in game that dont allow you to kill but you can use non lethal methods and if you do so gives you more xp and money!

It is pointless, and I tell you why: there is not a single enemy you encounter in this game that doesn't deserve to die. Maybe only the common worker unafilliated with corpos. Other than that everyone, specially gang members, deserve to die.

Game A' is judging you for killing enemies by using some arbitrary moral system=People are getting mad for being judged.

Game B' is letting you dispatch enemies however you want=People are mad for not being judged. :shrug:

I use non-lethal weapons, because I don't like to shoot people who are unarmed and have missions where the goal is not to kill, to hurt. But I don't understand something, it seems that, even using non-lethal ones, I always end up hurting the target ... and that annoys me.

Cyberpunk 2077 is an RPG and it’s awesome that it has the non-lethal options. I don’t use them, but every time I see them as choices either on mods, or skills, or whatever, I think about the fact that there is a person playing this who is glad to see them there! Kudos!

Top Bottom