What is your biggest fear regarding CP2077

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
No matter the camera perspective. Diablo is/was a loot grinder.
And if we call CP2077 a looter shooter than TW3 is a loot grinder .

It's bollocks of course. :D
Sure, but the comparison can be made if we focus on the gear progression side of things - and it's a fair criticism to make.

I wasn't a fan of TW3's loot system either (I did like the variety of armor appearances, however), but I excused it because it was a fantasy setting.

But here? It honestly feels like they just looked at Destiny and The Division and said "well, the other fellas are doing it, guess we'd better do it, too."

I know a CDPR employee can't/won't clarify this right now, but man it would be nice to understand their reasoning. Given that 2077 will have perks, skills, and attributes, I can't imagine players would be limited in terms of progression - and obviously, players can get higher quality gear (military-grade, corpo-grade, etc.) throughout the game without resorting to the whole identical-but-magically-better situation I mentioned before.

So, why have leveled gear? Why have Rare, Epic, Legendary, etc. gear?

Frustrating. Particularly because I doubt there will be a "Transmog" system in place, so if you like a particular jacket or pistol, well... too bad.

What if they got around the leveled gear problem if they called V`s pistol Militech 123 Mach 1 , Militech 123 Mach 2 and so on ? Same gun but a little better design or parts each time .

What if they got around the leveled gear problem if they called V`s pistol Militech 123 Mach 1 , Militech 123 Mach 2 and so on ? Same gun but a little better design or parts each time .

That's what i always imagined in my head. And I do believe CDPR thinks exact same way. I don't think there will be the same type of guns just with different damage modifiers and colourful names on top. Instead, there gonna be unique models, unique names, modifications and only then colourful names, whether it's a rare or legendary. And hopefully we won't see a legendary level 1 pistol better than common level 10 pistol. I'm thinking of the similar system as in Skyrim. That's where they're heading.

That's what i always imagined in my head. And I do believe CDPR thinks exact same way. I don't think there will be the same type of guns just with different damage modifiers and colourful names on top. Instead, there gonna be unique models, unique names, modifications and only then colourful names, whether it's a rare or legendary. And hopefully we won't see a legendary level 1 pistol better than common level 10 pistol. I'm thinking of the similar system as in Skyrim. That's where they're heading.

I think we can expect both. There will be some generic equipment. It's hard to avoid this thing in a huge cRPG. But I would be disappointed if there were no unique models with unique names. :) If we look at The Witcher 3, we'll see that there was a lot of gear which had unique names, but not so unique properties. The latter in CP2077 are somewhat limited by the paper version of the system, but considering the fact that it includes augmentations there's a lot of possibilities to link both. As a result we can get a varied gear.

No matter the camera perspective. Diablo is/was a loot grinder.
And if we call CP2077 a looter shooter than TW3 is a loot grinder .

It's bollocks of course. :D

Weeell, the minute to minute gameplay outside of towns isn’t really all that different, all things considered.

Gameplay, character progression and gear/loot arrangements are that of a hack’n slash.

There’s little gameplay beyond chopping down enemies (even dialogs are mostly cutscenes where you occasionally have the privilege of pressing a button from 1-4).

;) Sorry for ruining the joke!

No need fir sorries. Bad jokes don’t need ruining, they are that already.

Last edited:
Frustrating. Particularly because I doubt there will be a "Transmog" system in place, so if you like a particular jacket or pistol, well... too bad.
This is one of my concerns as well.

There really isn't any character appearance (in terms of gear) customization if your stuck with a single armor model.

Gameplay, character progression and gear/loot arrangements are that of a hack’n slash.
Do what I do.

Keep reminding yourself it was a press demo.
Therefore it needed:
A) Lots of pretty graphics
B) Lots of action
C) Very little that detracted from either A or B

Last edited:
Therefore it needed:
B) Lots of action
Yeah, this is what I keep telling people who are concerned. I'm not sure if they would have gotten as many epic press headlines (for better or worse) if they'd showed off the RPG-heavy stuff.

Do what I do.

Therefore it needed:
B) Lots of action

I was referring to Witcher 3 mostly. I am trying to do exactly what you suggest with CP, but it's a bad way of selling the game to people me. I am a picky customer in that I there are specific types of merits the game (almost) must have, but I'm also pretty easy to please since I ask for things that are far, far less expensive and flashy than what the mainstream asks for and needs.

Yeah, this is what I keep telling people who are concerned. I'm not sure if they would have gotten as many epic press headlines (for better or worse) if they'd showed off the RPG-heavy stuff.

I can of course understand but still this is all we saw and know and sadly there are no claim, videos,interview that is claiming different.
Say: The game will have stat skills perks is not different from saying "Since cyberpunk is a rpg the jacket has stats".

There is also what on my opinion are flawed design decision that break continuity with the spirit of the pen and paper.. Levels in cyberpunk?

There are core issues with the presentation yes but also the decision taken from the developers that at the moment seems to alienate pen and paper fans and also clash with what they stated as intentions the first time they annunced the game.

It is not an easy situation i would love if CD projekt red keep in mind there are pen and paper fan that are expecting a worthly cyberpunk videogame title from ever and what we saw in the demo was a looter fps with really bland roleplay elements.

I can of course understand but still this is all we saw and know and sadly there are no claim, videos,interview that is claiming different.
Say: The game will have stat skills perks is not different from saying "Since cyberpunk is a rpg the jacket has stats".

There is also what on my opinion are flawed design decision that break continuity with the spirit of the pen and paper.. Levels in cyberpunk?

There are core issues with the presentation yes but also the decision taken from the developers that at the moment seems to alienate pen and paper fans and also clash with what they stated as intentions the first time they annunced the game.

It is not an easy situation i would love if CD projekt red keep in mind there are pen and paper fan that are expecting a worthly cyberpunk videogame title from ever and what we saw in the demo was a looter fps with really bland roleplay elements.
I feel like a lot is going to change between what we saw post-E3 and what we'll see on launch, but I could be wrong.

I don't know about E3, I'm sure they will show a 5-10 minutes demo on stage, so it'll be something like a short version of the 48 minutes demo. They can't go on microsoft's stage and talk about loot, stats, cyberware and gear in general, they need to show something spectacular. Hopefully we'll have some Q&A or in-depth explaination during E3 or gamescom.

On the contrary to TW3, there's a lot of things here that are not clear. Or maybe they're clear and we just don't want to accept that they made a FPP TW3 in terms of progression and loot.

I don't know about E3, I'm sure they will show a 5-10 minutes demo on stage, so it'll be something like a short version of the 48 minutes demo. They can't go on microsoft's stage and talk about loot, stats, cyberware and gear in general, they need to show something spectacular. Hopefully we'll have some Q&A or in-depth explaination during E3 or gamescom.

On the contrary to TW3, there's a lot of things here that are not clear. Or maybe they're clear and we just don't want to accept that they made a FPP TW3 in terms of progression and loot.
Why do they have to do it on Microsoft's stage?

As you said, we might get a brief demo there, but the can always turn to YouTube or other outlets to show off extended content.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom