What is your biggest fear regarding CP2077

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
State your nightmare here.

Mine is a departure in style and tone from the initial trailer which looked mindblowing.
EDIT: BY INITIAL TRAILER I MEANT MS E3 TRAILER NOT THAT HORRIBLE JANITOR COP TRAILER.

Last edited:
The mantis blades chick, yea
Well, then my worst nightmare if CDPR will stay with first trailer style, it was so cheap and pale that I forgot about this game until the very E3 trailer that made my hype.

Sild

Ex-moderator
Well, then my worst nightmare if CDPR will stay with first trailer style, it was so cheap and pale that I forgot about this game until the very E3 trailer that made my hype.

Well I think it's going to feature what we saw in both trailers. The dark, gritty, serious tone of the first with the bustling city, vibrant atmosphere of the second.

The 6 districts of the city were said to be different in style and atmosphere from each other so it's not going to be the same stuff beginning to end.

Last edited:
I think a bad story/uninteresting protagonist would be the worst case scenario. I can get over lots of mechanical stuff. The setting looks really good based on the demo, so I think the chances of it being a problem are almost 0%. The story is still a big unknown. So ... yeah that would be worst possibility for me.

I'm not really worried about it though, I think it's going to be awesome.

Well I think it's going to feature what we saw in both trailers. The dark, gritty, serious tone of the first with the bustling city, vibrant atmosphere of the second.

The 6 districts of the city were said to be different in style and atmosphere from each other so it's not going to be the same stuff beginning to end.
Yes, i agree.

Guest 4310777

worst thing that could happen is, the game doesnt take itself seriously, it has no soul, nothing profound to say. i am watching the ghost in the shell anime at this moment, theres something so genuine about it, the characters, the world. there is something broken and imperfect. the world is chaos, theres shit everywhere, old and new, but its beautiful, its like a kaleidescope of culture and technology. and the characters say so much with very little dialogue, there are moments of pause and reflection, just moments of intimacy between characters that are conveyes with an expression or silence. and this is just like real life, this is a portrait of humanity. i hope cyberpunk doesnt try to be fun, or cool, or sophisticated, or accessable, or pre occupied with being too many things. it needs to be human .

also, i am drunk.

Sild

Ex-moderator
After that demo.. Nothing that bad that I can think of really.. Maybe if it releases in a half-broken unfinishable state then yea.. that would be terrible.

Sild

Ex-moderator
and the characters say so much with very little dialogue, there are moments of pause and reflection, just moments of intimacy between characters that are conveyes with an expression or silence. and this is just like real life, this is a portrait of humanity. i hope cyberpunk doesnt try to be fun, or cool, or sophisticated, or accessable, or pre occupied with being too many things. it needs to be human .

This made me instantly think about the movie Drive (2011), i guess it has a pretty cyberpunk soul

Immersion betrayed:

Realistic approach sacrificed in favor of UNREALISTIC gamey mechanics (e.g. levels for equipment/missions, NPCs' levels making them overpowered for unknown reasons, nonsense +15% gun damage if you install a subdermal grip, perks unlocked when leveling up instead of augmentations) aka lazy game design. Or not enough FPP animations because "some people say RDR2 is boring".

-RPG mechanics (stats, "elemental" DMG, different approaches...) : (BIG) YES
-unrealistic mechanics: (HUGE) NO

Smaller fear: all recent RPGs push you towards a completionist approach (doing all side quests with no real bad consequences), I'd like to see some quests being blocked when completing others, so that you need to think what your V would do and role-play.

All these characteristics are crucial elements of TW3, that's where my fears come from.

P.S. everything else seen in the demo was great and narrative is the thing I'm 100% sure will be majestic.

Last edited:
My biggest fear would be not being able to put nearly as many hours as I put into TW3 due to not enough content or an uninteresting story.

I don't know how I feel about LOOOONG ASSSSS STARES in a game...
She can look at me as much as she wants <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom