What is your biggest fear regarding CP2077

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see your points guys, but better to be sure than sorry. I would built "counter" inside the IP just in case of things start to go south and take more pop culture approach if needed. Also I speak about the series, not the game only.
Can you elaborate, not really sure I'm getting what you suggest for adding to the IP?

Another one of my threads @Sardukhar had closed in favor of @animalfather this time, of all people.

I don't remember what I said before CDPRs E3 show-off, so probably everything I've feared is already confirmed. Nice.

im the MVP of this forum everyone knows that but what was your thread about. And what are your fears the game looks amazing unless u liked the clean mass effect look of the 2013 trailer.

My worst fear is that the game being delayed.
a game can't be delayed if it doesn't have a release date.

a game can't be delayed if it doesn't have a release date.

While it's not confirmed, the release date for the game could be late this year.

I mean, just think about it- if the game keeps getting stalled till 2020 or possible even 2021, that would be painful. I'm sure I'm not alone when I say this.

While it's not confirmed, the release date for the game could be late this year. I mean, just think about it- if the game keeps getting stalled till 2020 or possible even 2021,

It wouldn't be stalled at all. There is no release date. None. At all. People keep guessing at and making stuff up online but that's all it is.

When It's Ready is really the only date CDPR has -ever- provided. Ever. To anyone.

It wouldn't be stalled at all. There is no release date. None. At all. People keep guessing at and making stuff up online but that's all it is.

When It's Ready is really the only date CDPR has -ever- provided. Ever. To anyone.

Fair point. What I'm trying to say is that the game getting released later than sooner would not be good.

While it's not confirmed, the release date for the game could be late this year.

I mean, just think about it- if the game keeps getting stalled till 2020 or possible even 2021, that would be painful. I'm sure I'm not alone when I say this.
I'm quite confident we won't see the game before 2020 and I'll always prefer a delayed but refined game to an early released bugged one. E.g. If TW3 was released in september 2015 instead of may I wouldn't have had to restart the game to do the king's gambit quest.

That people and items will have levels.

"Oh man this level 30 .22 handgun does way more damage than this level 5 .50 BMG Rifle."

Horrible design.

thats already confirmed thats where the RPG comes into play without that its just a fps shooter

It is not really a matter of the game being "RPG", many modern shooters have leveled gear, while older RPGs also exist without such feature. Anyway, enemies are definitely leveled, similarly to The Witcher 3, this can be seen in the gameplay demo. And items have rarity levels at least, since the demo also shows for example a purple "epic" weapon. It is not clear however how much difference there is between the tiers, it could be just +20% damage going from the most common variant to the legendary one, or any other number.

Biggest fear?
That it gets old.

In all seriousness, since all games get old: that I may expect 'too much' in some areas of the game, at least so far without more footage and information.

Yes, the genre is what I like and the company has a good record, but even so we should perhaps not expect complete miracles in all areas, there will always be limitations.

Another more specific fear I have is that it might may not be as diverse or dynamic with faction relations, as there's less of a classic rep system and just 'general street cred' so a lot would depend on quest decisions rather than also things you do outside of quests I am thinking.

But only time can tell us more, so far I can mostly assume.

My biggest fear? I have two.

One: The game, plot, story, etc. won't be very interesting. That I won't be engaged or invested in the story. That all the flashiness of Night City and the stunning graphics won't make up for a boring story.

Two: That my character won't matter. I fear that my decisions won't matter, that it won't matter what kind of character I play as, or how I go about missions in the game. I'm afraid that it won't matter if I play as a cold mercenary gunning down anything in my way or a stealthy hacker avoiding using other means besides a gun to get accomplish tasks.

There are a couple of other littler fears too, but those aren't as prevelant once I accept the fact that the game won't be 100% what I hope it to be.

I don't have any fear of anything, but I think many people are going to be/already are disappointed after the hype and such a long wait, even if they don't say so.

I don't have any fear of anything, but I think many people are going to be/already are disappointed after the hype and such a long wait, even if they don't say so.
Yeah, the stuff I read about what people expect from the game... Like, "I wonder if I can enter any apartment in Night City".

I'm one of those because the demo looked exactly like a FPP TW3 with the same flaws instead of something more. At this point I expect an excellent game but nothing revolutionary, which is something I'd like to see since the industry is stagnating in these open-world mmo mechanics for RPGs with all games looking the same (TW3, assassin's creed origins and odyssey, horizon zero dawn, fallout 4, ME andromeda, destiny and anthem to some extent).

Meaning if the demo is fully confirmed, I'll be happy to play an excellent "more of the same" game, but nothing more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom