What is your biggest fear regarding CP2077

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
my worst fear is another downgrade drama like the Witcher 3 I hope CPR stays very clear on this since the first day (although they already did it in the demo)

My biggest fear is CDPR is reading too much in their forums and taking approach accordingly. Only place on the internet where daylight, color, FPP, lack of shallow blank main character, too fast paced combat are still hot topics till this day. (Hides)

I fear that the story will be bland. I want to have a bigger reason to go on killing people rather than just for street cred.

yet in cyberpunk 2077 you can't be anything more than a predfined mercenary that is forced to use cyberware in quest in order to progress. Huge disappointment, it feels like a themepark you visit from a distance rather than an active participant.

We don't know that for sure though. You might start as a merc, and choose to continue that path, but as far as I understand it, the choices you make in the game are going to influence the story massively. It could be that one of those choices could influence your career choices as well. I'm just saying we shouldn't make assumptions here, we hardly know anything yet. Saying it's a disappointment before we know anything about is a bit of a stretch.

I am new to games, just started this month in 2011. I have visual disabilities, and I have recently asked an industry expert if it is more expensive to make a third person game than first person. They told me yes it is. I loved Witcher 2 and 3, my only experience with your company. You are not giving me the opportunity to continue as a loyal customer to you. In one of your reasons for FPS, you say it is an experience that you need for this game, contrary to regular RPG format.
You're right. Lock me out of your game. After all, it is YOUR game, sadly it is not mine.

I am new to games, just started this month in 2011. I have visual disabilities, and I have recently asked an industry expert if it is more expensive to make a third person game than first person. They told me yes it is. I loved Witcher 2 and 3, my only experience with your company. You are not giving me the opportunity to continue as a loyal customer to you. In one of your reasons for FPS, you say it is an experience that you need for this game, contrary to regular RPG format.
You're right. Lock me out of your game. After all, it is YOUR game, sadly it is not mine.

Really sorry to hear about your disability PouffyFoil1. Are you saying that you are unable to play first person games entirely?

If the biggest fear is a Ciri cameo (which, even if it happened at all, despite being denied by the game director, would likely be very minor and done in a way that leaves it ambiguous whether you really meet or read/hear about Ciri), then there is good reason to be optimistic for the game. :)

If the biggest fear is a Ciri cameo (which, even if it happened at all, despite being denied by the game director, would likely be very minor and done in a way that leaves it ambiguous whether you really meet or read/hear about Ciri), then there is good reason to be optimistic for the game. :)

Ciri travelled to the Cyberpunk 2077 world, she should appear in the background somewhere with Avallach while the player runs through a quest. Maybe at the moment they hop into a portal.

Mainly the story not being good or as immersive as they claim it to be, the atmosphere is very important for a game like this so you can handle the hours and hours of narrative and be actually interested. By this is CDPR I'm not worried much about this they'll nail it. Right now to be completely honest I really hope there will be mod support. It maybe irrelevant for the first 2 years of the game since we will prob get dlc and the story is huge but it will matter a lot once we re fully out of content to keep the game fully alive. And peraonally speaking the cyberpunk sparks so many mod ideas can't be the only one imagine the stuff well see

Ciri travelled to the Cyberpunk 2077 world, she should appear in the background somewhere with Avallach while the player runs through a quest. Maybe at the moment they hop into a portal.

This is an old can of worms.

Introducing magic to cyberpunk would cheapen the setting (and, consequently, the experience itself). It’s like if you watched Bladerunner, and suddenly Gandalf was there chatting with Deckard. Or if you saw the terminator looking for Sarah Connor in The Shire.

It just messages that the world isn’t taking itself seriously, and opens the door for all kinds of wacky out-the-left-field stuff.

My two biggest fears are that CDPR rushes its development and that it ends up having a mediocre narrative aspect (plot and characters.)

Please please CDPR, take your time with it, most of your fanbase and your employees will surely appreciate it. I'm sure CP2077 will become an amazing game, so long as it's not rushed.

This is an old can of worms.

Introducing magic to cyberpunk would cheapen the setting (and, consequently, the experience itself). It’s like if you watched Bladerunner, and suddenly Gandalf was there chatting with Deckard. Or if you saw the terminator looking for Sarah Connor in The Shire.

It just messages that the world isn’t taking itself seriously, and opens the door for all kinds of wacky out-the-left-field stuff.

You take what i meant out of context. Her appearing in the background for a few seconds has no impact on gameplay nor would it be anymore outlandish for magic to appear than it is to have actual cybertech body parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom