What is your biggest fear regarding CP2077

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I remember correctly, the storyprogression is also tied to it on top of all things. :giveup:
Yeah, that really confused me. Given that quests are open-ended and whatnot (or at least moreso than The Witcher 3), I was having a tough time thinking of reasons that this would be necessary.

The only thing I can think of is, say V is going to pull off a big heist and her Fixer insists she gets some mapping eye implant or something. I honestly have no idea.

Maybe V will literally be held at gunpoint and forced to get implants? :cry:

Yeah, that really confused me. Given that quests are open-ended and whatnot (or at least moreso than The Witcher 3), I was having a tough time thinking of reasons that this would be necessary.

The only thing I can think of is, say V is going to pull off a big heist and her Fixer insists she gets some mapping eye implant or something. I honestly have no idea.

Maybe V will literally be held at gunpoint and forced to get implants? :cry:

I have a faint recollection of it being mentioned that it has something to do with keeping track of the player and progression. Nothing good to say about that, if that was indeed the case. Very heavy handed and handholdy.

My biggest fear for 2077 is too much repetitive gameplay and the game being made to appeal to an audience who only care about how many other people are playing it when it comes out...and Lady Gaga...please no...just...don't...where did that even come from?

My greatest concern is the need to use drastic cybernetic improvements, in particular matis blades.

I really can not imagine a young man who would like to undergo the amputation of both arms to install prostheses in the form of two hidden blades. Is it not enough to have spring knives in the sleeves on the forearm? Do you really need to amputate your arms?

It's just totally unrealistic and it makes me laugh. Immersion went away.

Unfortunately, the demo shows that matis blades are already installed in V. I hope that it will not be obligatory and will be changed. However, if V decides to "improve" it, I hope that it will be properly presented in the game (as in Deux Ex), and that it will not be some from day to day cyberpunk magic.

Also, have any of you undergone an eye surgery? I have gone. I will remember these two hours for the rest of my life. Any attempt to put something in my eye is repulsive to me.

If I can design my character, I do not want any hand or leg prostheses and I want to be able to pass the whole game.

That's the cyberpunk world. People need to improve them or they will miss the edge and die. Cybernetic seems to be a must from what we see in a demo, however I think that it won't be necessary to undergo a drastich augumentation story wise. On the other hand, most people we meet (and kill) seem to be full cyborgs. In that case V might be a full cyborg herself and we only put better gera inside. As we see in the ripperdoc parlor. V already has a pair of cybereyes, she just replaces one with a better model. In that case I imagine some players who pursue purity (there's such trend in cyberpunk pnp world) would be dissapointed.

My biggest fear is that this game will get rushed out the door like Fallout 76 and the huge failure Anthem!
I hope the CD P Red actually reads these comments. Please LEARN from other publishers mistakes! We DO NOT want an unfinished game, I don't care If It takes another two years please do not use gamers and consumers of your games as your game beta testers. Play and test your game as much as possible BEFORE you release It to your customers.
Bethesda and BioWare have ruined their reputation and created a huge PR mess by rushing the release of games that were clearly unfinished. It has gotten to the point where I will not buy a game before renting it through Gamefly first to play It and see If It's really worth buying.
I may take a chance on pre-ordering CP 2077 and I may not but this latest trend of putting out a game and then fixing it afterward has got to stop.
I like what I see so far of this game please do NOT rush It.
I hope the publisher reads these.

Biggest fear is that it won't complex or challenging and that the game will be basic after a certain point. Example being that once you get mantis blades and a good rifle I can just steamroll through the rest of the game and enemies with little ease and little to no strategy involved.

Hmm, I'll try again as it seems my last post was not okay.

My biggest fear would be censorship of the game. I would like the game to stay true to it's original vision.

Living in Australia it is always a worry that games will be neutered if they contain anything controversial.

Hmm, I'll try again as it seems my last post was not okay.

My biggest fear would be censorship of the game. I would like the game to stay true to it's original vision.

Living in Australia it is always a worry that games will be neutered if they contain anything controversial.

Indeed. You Aussies have it rough - I've got several friends that live there, and they've told me all about the horror stories regarding your internet speeds, game censorship, etc.

To my knowledge (and I could be wrong about this), your government seems primarily concerned with drug use in games. I believe in one of the Fallout games, some drugs initially had more "hardcore" names but were in the end tweaked to be acceptable.

If so, that could be a relatively easy fix on CDPR's part.

Creative vision gets affected by politics irl. To be real, the quality of franchises new and old are affected by this.(ie: a company heavily focuses on a certain agendas rather than the substance of the product itself, or apologizes for their logical direction in a franchise where ancestry and/or historical accuracy plays a major role).

Let's just remember that this is a fictional, dystopian world. Not a happy place to be in. I would like it to be as dark as the darkest parts of the real world as possible...

loljk. I just hope it won't affect the narrative or the impact you're trying to make because everything is controversial nowadays that it puts the creatives on rails, willingly or otherwise.

Last edited:
My biggest fear is that this game will get rushed out the door like Fallout 76 and the huge failure Anthem!
I hope the CD P Red actually reads these comments. Please LEARN from other publishers mistakes! We DO NOT want an unfinished game, I don't care If It takes another two years please do not use gamers and consumers of your games as your game beta testers. Play and test your game as much as possible BEFORE you release It to your customers.
Bethesda and BioWare have ruined their reputation and created a huge PR mess by rushing the release of games that were clearly unfinished. It has gotten to the point where I will not buy a game before renting it through Gamefly first to play It and see If It's really worth buying.
I may take a chance on pre-ordering CP 2077 and I may not but this latest trend of putting out a game and then fixing it afterward has got to stop.
I like what I see so far of this game please do NOT rush It.
I hope the publisher reads these.

We do read those comments, my friend :)

My biggest fear is the release date won't be good for me. Specifically, I fear the game releasing within a week or two of Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order or Bloodstained. Ya, I could play all these games.. eventually. But I can't just take off from life responsibilities for a video game.

I think CDPR wants to avoid what feels like a rushed or unfinished product at release. And to be honest, given prior examples we should all understand this if they eventually decide to prolong the time till release to make sure we get something that feels perfect or something that avoids all those mistakes or impressions.

Heck, if I have to wait half a year more (just an example), I'd actually prefer that. Of course, I'd prefer a sooner rather than later release but if they eventually feel they need to prolong to fix or tweak things, go for it.

I still hope it'll be a late 2019 or early 2020 release :p

I'm very confident the game will come out prior to next year's E3. I do not think they will attend 3 E3 conferences in a row without a finished product, very few other studios have done that, and even fewer can get away with it from a marketing perspective.

Release date isn't my "biggest fear," but it is a concern. I'd rather not see this game get stuck in the Bannerlord state, with its lead devs endlessly striving for the impossible-to-reach goal of perfection, leading to the game never getting finished.

I understand the spirit behind the whole "take all the time you need" thing, but at the end of the day, it's probably not going to be in development for several more years.

Every game of theirs has been rough at launch. It'd be nice if one wasn't.

I never had game breaking issues of any kind, but the Witcher 3's controls did kind of suck. Fortunately, that was mostly fixed with the alternative movement mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom