What is your biggest fear regarding CP2077

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mark your calendars — Cyberpunk 2077, the open-world, action-adventure story from CD PROJEKT RED, is coming to Xbox One, PS4 and PC April 16th, 2020.
Wtf, I hate Action Adventure Games :(
Why the Game is now being referred as Action Adventure and not RPG?
it's still the game, just calls differently..
action! adventure!
cooler than just rpg. trust cdpr, they know their things

Guest 4211861

they had better have a voice set that doesn't make V sound like a complete amateur from bad heist movies

My biggest fear at the moment is how former CDPR devs are comparing the development of the game to the disaster that was Anthem and the fact that all the gameplay demos so far have been "hands off" is even more concerning.

While I do have faith in CDPR, so much so that I've preordered both a Day 1 Standard Edition for PC and a Collectors Edition for PS4(since there's no PC version for the CE where I am), I still have this lurking fear that CP2077 might be the one that breaks the company.

It is hard to believe that CDPR would build up this extreme hype and attach a super star name like Keanu Reeves to the game, only to release a mediocre to bad game which would destroy their hard earned rep and put a lot of bad light on Reeves, but still.
My fears are kinda put to rest when I think back to how rocky Witcher 3's development was, yet it turned out legendary.
I just hope it's the same case here.

My biggest fear is that they will end up cutting/leaving out important RPG elements, so far it looks like my fears are becoming a reality lol, 0 rpg coverage so far besides multilinear storyline and minor character customization options

Was more of a word joke or play. I get that while initial reviews were horrible, it apparently got better a lot.

Just saying before anyone gets mad :shrug:

Wasn't intended as an argument or anything like that. Just an offhand comment since I tried the game briefly at some point in the past.

That it will be the Mass Effect rail-shooter that the 48-minute demo seemed to hint at.

Witcher 2 was a rail-hacker by that standard... and I was okay with that. I'm okay with CP77 being that too for as long as the mechanics and choices are superbly interesting.

Unlikely going to be any sort of "railed" experience with the amount of open space we have to work with though.

My biggest fear is that they will end up cutting/leaving out important RPG elements, so far it looks like my fears are becoming a reality lol, 0 rpg coverage so far besides multilinear storyline and minor character customization options

Multilinear, choice driven story, charcter stats, development and customization is rougly spelled as RPG :) If you can't see more RPG in CP2077 than in all action RPGs in history combined, I'm really afraid to ask what do you consider an RPG. Hence, I won't ask :)

State your nightmare here.

Mine is a departure in style and tone from the initial trailer which looked mindblowing.
EDIT: BY INITIAL TRAILER I MEANT MS E3 TRAILER NOT THAT HORRIBLE JANITOR COP TRAILER.

for me i really fear we wont get enough open world outside the city or at least an area thats more calm and chill.

Guest 4149880

Now I'm afraid that Jackie will die no matter what T_T please let this be based on your choices and competence! D:

I'd assume so, but they need to show something to portray that aspect of the game right, Choices matter.

None optimized menu & screen real estate for the PC version of the game.

If PC is going to be a simple port from consoles, then it'll affect the quality to a negative extent.
I once gave feedback to the first gameplay demo from last years E3 2018 regarding this matter:
https://forums.cdprojektred.com/ind...feedback-thread.10980518/page-5#post-11096651

Bascially everything that I shared on my previous feedback. I hope that CDPR is considering to make the best out of screen real estate optimazations for the PC platform, because on consoles it cannot run the same way as on PC. The "AAA" industry of other publishers/devs are ignoring this, simply porting the consoles to PC instead. I hope CDPR will prove the opposite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom