What is your biggest fear regarding CP2077

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
That the promise of many choices and the ability to shape V's own story will be overshadowed by Johnny Silverhand. That'll become more important to do things his way rather than play it the way we want.

I am actually looking forward to this conflict of interest :)

Probably a tie between two things.

1. That Johnny Silverhand being this constant presence that tries to make you do what he wants is gonna become very annoying, and that it results in the story being more about him than it is about you. I don't wanna just be the unwilling courier of the person that the story actually revolves around.

2. The news that there's now only gonna be one apartment, in complete contrast to what was said last year. Really makes me worried about the state of development. Not because "oh my god, some content got cut", because that obviously always happens during development. Rather it worries me for multiple more specific reasons.

Unlike in Witcher, we're not some wanderer that goes from city to city looking for work, we're a resident of Night City. As such finding a places to live, that isn't a shitty apartment in a mega building, makes a whole lot of sense.

If the only home for V in this game is some small apartment in a mega building, it pretty much means that we know V can't really move up in the world, as it would make very little sense that there would be ways for us to say, get rich or gain good standing with a corp, and then still be left sitting in our small mega building apartment.

If V can't really move up in the world, that basically puts a limit on what kind of content we can expect to see in the game. it wouldn't make much sense that we could become a highly regarded mercenary that get's high profile jobs, but still only have the means to live in the mega building where we started as an unknown.

It also makes me wonder what the lore reason of doing side quests would be. Most likely side quests will generally be mercenary style jobs you do for people/corps, but like, surely V isn't in Night City just to be a mercenary that lives in a shitty apartment, takes crazy dangerous jobs, and then just blows all the money on partying or getting more augmentations? Earning money to move up in the world, in part by doing things like buying better homes, just seems like an obvious reason, both for the player, but also V the character, to do side quests.

Tldr - Only having one home introduces some real worries in my mind about what we can do in this game, as well as the game economy and what it's supposed to motivate in the player to go after

Probably a tie between two things.

1. That Johnny Silverhand being this constant presence that tries to make you do what he wants is gonna become very annoying, and that it results in the story being more about him than it is about you. I don't wanna just be the unwilling courier of the person that the story actually revolves around.

2. The news that there's now only gonna be one apartment, in complete contrast to what was said last year. Really makes me worried about the state of development. Not because "oh my god, some content got cut", because that obviously always happens during development. Rather it worries me for multiple more specific reasons.

Unlike in Witcher, we're not some wanderer that goes from city to city looking for work, we're a resident of Night City. As such finding a places to live, that isn't a shitty apartment in a mega building, makes a whole lot of sense.

If the only home for V in this game is some small apartment in a mega building, it pretty much means that we know V can't really move up in the world, as it would make very little sense that there would be ways for us to say, get rich or gain good standing with a corp, and then still be left sitting in our small mega building apartment.

If V can't really move up in the world, that basically puts a limit on what kind of content we can expect to see in the game. it wouldn't make much sense that we could become a highly regarded mercenary that get's high profile jobs, but still only have the means to live in the mega building where we started as an unknown.

It also makes me wonder what the lore reason of doing side quests would be. Most likely side quests will generally be mercenary style jobs you do for people/corps, but like, surely V isn't in Night City just to be a mercenary that lives in a shitty apartment, takes crazy dangerous jobs, and then just blows all the money on partying or getting more augmentations? Earning money to move up in the world, in part by doing things like buying better homes, just seems like an obvious reason, both for the player, but also V the character, to do side quests.

Tldr - Only having one home introduces some real worries in my mind about what we can do in this game, as well as the game economy and what it's supposed to motivate in the player to go after

I feel like a lot of what you said about the apartment makes your first point even more important. The fact that we're not going to be moving up, getting new apartments, could suggest that the premise of making a name for yourself was probably thrown out the window. I now believe you are simply just a merc who is working with silverhand to find alt cunningham and figuring out what exactly happened to both of these individuals. Which to me would be a huge disappointment, because I loved the concept of "climbing the ladder" and becoming more. I like Keanu playing silverhand and all, but I don't want a game that is focused on his story primarily. I want the story to be more focused on V and their life in Night City.

I agree with your first point about Keanu, but I think they'll be careful. About the apartments, I don't think it's a big deal. You're a mercenary not a corpo so V's not going to have the nicest apartment (I don't think many people do). Maybe you'll be able to furnish the place and buy nicer things as you progress through the game? But honestly, people don't go from apartment to apartment willy nilly. A lot of people are probably living on the streets because they can't find/afford an apartment so I don't see why V should be able to move so easily.

Here is my post about implants I made in other forum:

My thoughts are that as a fan of the original Gibson's novels like Neuromancer, or Count Zero, or Idoru, everything I have seen in the trailers looks very clumsy. For example those blade implants in arms that were easily blocked by one unarmed opponent, or the fact that the protagonist gets a punch straight to the face without reacting, I don't know.

If you compare it to Molly, one of the main character of the Neuromancer novel, her implants were just carbon steel blades under the nails, and boosted neural network and muscles that gave her superhuman speed and reflexes. Nothing clumsy like spidery "chopppas" that were obviously difficult to deploy and use (how slowly did they retract), but something that really feels futuristic. She moved so fast that an ordinary man did not see her actions, you blinked and someone was suddenly clutching his slit throat. Her augmentation was covert, elegant and felt really futuristic.

In fact, the value of Gibson's work is in the fact that the technological gadgets were not just gadgets made to impress, but symptoms of changes that drastically changed the future society - changes in power distribution, sources of wealth and influence, ways people worked with information, means of communication, new cultural tropes and archetypes.

That's what's so brilliant on cyberpunk as a genre, IMO - it's a vision of things that might come, rather that a somewhat vulgar pawnshop of shiny gadgetry and ostentatiously rough characters.

There was one more issue - what about the environment and physics? Can we use them? Theoretically, it should be possible to destroy any walls, windows, stairs, balustrades, etc. Will we be able to use a rocket launcher and knock down some part of the building on enemy head? Will it be possible to hack the elevator or vehicle and use them to eliminate opponents?

Overall I think the game looks & sounds like it will be amazing, but if I had to pick one thing it would be that the population density we saw in the content from last year's E3, will turn out just not to be feasible with current hardware, and we'll see some downgrading between then and release.

That nothing i do in Night City (outside of the main story line), really matters and that i'm a tourist instead of a resident (who interacts with the world, not just through dialogue and being able to kill or not kill). Who creates their own path, without having to be forced to complete the Main Mission at every turn. Despite the initial through point of making a name in the city. An create relationships and companions that stay around longer than, the story would otherwise arbitrarily not allow.

Last thing i want to come away with after the game is that, this is another open world game. That says its a living world but is nothing but another (more beautiful) theme park, with an allusion of choice and interaction. With big dynamic ai crowds that go nowhere and do nothing with buildings, clubs, and shops on nearly every corner.

That you can't enter or interact with but look nice on the surface. Now not everything nor should everything be open as that's impossible. But having a sense of active and varied participation. Would certainly become very repetitive. Especially if you can only watch as NPC's play pool, cards and or drink. Even more so when it comes to economical interaction or lack there of.

It would be the PQOL stuff that adds to immersion. Regardless if the game is amazing looking, a museum full of amazing paintings are amazing looking to. But i'd still stick around if the story is really good and choices actually do matter. Just looking for that next step in game world creation. I'd think Cyberpunk would touch on fleshing out more character to world interaction then the bare minimum.

Last edited:
This. Showing his death 10 months before release makes it even worse. :giveup:
His death could be a possible outcome depending on my choices, but I really hope it's not an unavoidable event.
Come on CDPR, let me save my big boy!
I'm afraid that his death will be some unavoidable emotional catalyst for your journey T_T

It has been discussed here and other threads and even 2 posts ago by Cabbagehead. But I have to agree with that;
I do fear that the world is going to be a little shallow, All look but no touch, no real substance to it.

The fantasm to feel like we live in that city won't go away, I wish it did but it won't. (Thanks to E3 2018 trailer, it's all your fault CDPR ! :cry: )

They're obviously not going for that first, it's a story heavy game with choices and branches in priority. And I would never disagree with that, It's awesome.
However, It is secondly an open-world, sooooo detailed and atmospheric at that. Of course we want to be part of it.

Environment interactions, Mini-games/activities, special locations, some "random" interactions with NPC's. All of that is what makes the difference between a mediocre open-world to a great one, because suddenly, you're not only here to look at stuff, maybe kill some ennemies, no, you're part of the world too.

Night City might be the most detailed, lived-in world we have ever seen in a video game. It would be such wasted potential if we can't interact with it substantially.

Again, not asking for the Sims, but more of that stuff is only going to enhance your world, and I fear we won't have quite enough of that

The lack of being able to move to a nicer apartment (also no customization) or even worse one due to being broke (for example can't afford your starting place due to decisions you have made) severely limits the progression of V and especially one specific path of V trying to hit the big time as one type of playthrough and in the reverse not being able to "lose your home" and actually being forced to scrounge for living conditions/safe house/temporary hiding, etc. I am much more interested in being able to customize a living space versus vehicles/guns which are very uninteresting to me (only clothing I would prioritize over home personally) so I feel like I am losing a huge immersive effect/impact on my experience. I fear now that with this and a few other elements (no faction system for example) that no matter what I do, V's story will just end up with her in the same apartment with no real progression and the ending will just be what she did with multiple slides for what happened to various factions/the city but that V really just comes full circle to the exact same starting point with no true personal impact but rather the impact on everything else instead around V.

For me it's character customization, the pen and paper version is amazing and you can do crazy stuff, obviously this is a videogame so is much more limited, expecting all models of mechanical replacement bodies or extreme exotics like the insect humanoids or animal like legs would be crazy.

But I really want to see at least one full body replacement (even if is very human-like shaped) with custom paint options (like chrome) and some basic exotics gene-editting parts/packages like orks, elfs, bunnies, catgirls, reptian like... non natural skin colors like blue or even full body covered in lizard scales, fish scales/"aquaform" skin or fur.

We know we will have different clothes, hope you can dye it.

I enjoy games with great character customization and Cyberpunk 2020 almost had no limits for it, it would be sad and a wasted opportunity to not see that reflected in Cyberpunk 2077

Like a cat in a bath, I have no reason to fear water anymore, cause I'm already wet.
69672360-cat-bath-wet-cat.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom