What is your biggest fear regarding CP2077

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just to be clear, Cyberpunk 2077 will NOT have multiplayer at launch.
There is, however, a distinct possibility they will add some form of multiplayer at a later date.

Theres 8 month to go and group of 40 cant finish anything for launch? You probably know better than me, but I think we might get something for launch.

Political correctness! With the interviews until now, it seems very promising... Like, out of this world, f****** fantastic. Some religion, some skin, some deep cultural taboos, everything. A masterpiece with no fear of political correctness inside a world where choices matter with the help of a game engine it seems devs have definitely made the most of. Just, wow :)

I will admit I had a lot of expectations for this game but there's a creeping suspicion with all the recent activities that leads me to believe CDPR is not immune to political correctness. They're on the radar now and all the manufactured outrage seems to have gotten to them.

Gwent was censored, and they refuse to even acknowledge Sony's insane censorship. Which leads me to believe the entire game will be altered just to keep the heat off Sony.

It would be nice to say I didn't believe this to be the case but the silence is deafening. They will not address censorship. And my faith in them has taken a hit.

I fear that if multiplayer does happen, that it's PvP and people that get housed too often will blame a weapon or character build instead of their skill, then harass the developers to "Nerf, plz" and have my singleplayer experience suffer accordingly.

I also fear that freedom in this game is a barely constructed illusion, that the story is heavy-handed and leashes the player with little wiggle room to explore.

Sort of related to the above, I also fear that exploration will be largely pointless and ultimately unfulfilling.

Finally, I fear the music selection winds up to be as "bleah" as the final version of "Chippin' In". Someone on these forums claimed the developers chose that version over the initial one because it was supposed to stir feelings of unrest and anger in the player. Well, I don't know about all that but it certainly did stir feelings of disappointment...close enough, I guess? :shrug:

Someone on these forums claimed the developers chose that version over the initial one because it was supposed to stir feelings of unrest and anger in the player.

Don't know who claimed that, but that's. . . inaccurate. It's supposed to channel the unrest, anger and dissatisfaction of it's audience, to offer an avenue of expression and often a rallying point for those that are "fed up" with the system, that have been wronged too many times and rebel, or want to. Personally, i don't like this style, but i do appreciate it for what it is and what tries to relay.

That said, there will be multiple styles and genre's of music in the game and sometimes at the player's discretion. Just probably not by Samurai.

I fear that if multiplayer does happen, that it's PvP and people that get housed too often will blame a weapon or character build instead of their skill, then harass the developers to "Nerf, plz" and have my singleplayer experience suffer accordingly.

Doubt it. Somehow I think MP is going to be similar to NWN style MP. Form up a cooperative group and MP to your hearts desire. Competitive MP + RPG = no dice. You do that and you end up sacrificing aspects of both to make one better. Ultimately, both suffer.

Theres 8 month to go and group of 40 cant finish anything for launch? You probably know better than me, but I think we might get something for launch.
The GTA V team was over 1,000 people and they couldn't get Online working before launch. And when they did, it was an awful fucking mess. If you truly want a decent multiplayer mode, rushing is certainly not plausible

They've explicitly said no multiplayer at launch. Several times.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...-gameplay-and-interviewed-cd-projekt-about-it (E3 2018)
Is Cyberpunk 2077 a purely single-player game?

Patrick Mills: Yes, it is.

So there's no multiplayer whatsoever?

Patrick Mills: We have multiplayer in R&D, but the game we're shipping to you, the game you're going to buy is the single-player experience. That's really what we're concentrating on now, the single-player RPG experience. That's what we want to nail down before we start looking at any of these other things.

So when you say you've got multiplayer in R&D, do you mean in relation to Cyberpunk 2077, or just generally at the studio?

Patrick Mills: In relation to Cyberpunk as well as just generally at the studio.

So maybe multiplayer will come post-launch?

Patrick Mills: Maybe, no promises. Nothing at launch. At launch we're concentrating on the single-player game. That's what we want to give you.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...w-multiplayer-next-gen-and-working-with-keanu (E3 2019)
CD Projekt has talked about multiplayer before. Now you have a release date set, can you confirm it will just be single-player at launch?

Sasko: Yes, 100 per cent. We're not really working on multiplayer, our sole focus is single-player. We'll do that, then we'll see. We're not saying no but we're not saying yes. If something does happen it will definitely be post-launch and that's as much as I can say right now.

From the snippets we've seen of the Night City overworld, would something GTAO-style work?

Sasko: There were some discussions in the studio but nothing we're actually working on, making it happen, testing. Possibly for the future.

Is there anything you'd avoid with multiplayer which might not feel authentic?

Sasko: For sure, I mean we're known for good stories, amazing characters, choices and consequences. So this is something for sure we'd be going with, if anything happened regarding that. We'd avoid anything that's not that. If we do it, it'll be our style.

Last edited:
I fear the same as always.

Plot armor:
maxresdefault.jpg

And
Loss of potential choices because the game presented them in a way we could not anticipate them:

I mean, look at this mission in thronebreaker:
1564109553011.png

I found out that promising to free them for the info could let me kill them later. But how was i to know?
1564109693157.png

This could have been solved by:

1. Adding the choice: Promise, then execute anyway.
or
2. Giving Meve an inside thought along the lines of "(I could promise to free them and then kill them anyway)"

I will admit I had a lot of expectations for this game but there's a creeping suspicion with all the recent activities that leads me to believe CDPR is not immune to political correctness. They're on the radar now and all the manufactured outrage seems to have gotten to them.

Gwent was censored, and they refuse to even acknowledge Sony's insane censorship. Which leads me to believe the entire game will be altered just to keep the heat off Sony.

It would be nice to say I didn't believe this to be the case but the silence is deafening. They will not address censorship. And my faith in them has taken a hit.
Agree, this is already censored, at least character creation. In old demo, while you create the character, they are naked, in a new one they wear underwear.
Wonder how much they're changed because of political correctness.

[...]

- long loading times
- bugs ruining the experience (unfinishable quests, glitches, crashes...)
- not finding balance between tunneling and free exploration
- system requirements being too high for older setups
- multiplayer affecting single player experience or even becoming mandatory a la Mass Effect 3
- too short
- little or no replay value

Edited. -Drac

Last edited by a moderator:
No multiplayer and smallish map. Does anyone know if the map will be bigger than The Witcher 3?

Last edited:
I would be worried that it tries to deliver on too many things at once instead of nailing the key elements such as combat, visuals, character development. The game can look brilliant but it wont save it from a half baked story

Apparently some Tech and Netrunner skills involving B&E but the vast majority of the "skills" (I'd call them perks) in CP2077 are combat related. Another reason I think of it as a shooter first and an RPG second.
I think this will become a more apparent "fear" once the next couple gameplay videos come out. I might be wrong but a good chunk of the gameplay we saw in the 2018 stuff was shooter. From what we've been told, this years E3 demo sounds like similar gameplay. Go here, get this, shoot anything that gets in your way. With a little bit of sneak past anything that gets in your way sprinkled on it

With such a huge game in scope and in detail the biggest fear really is either that it will be delayed or that it will lack some polish. It's super easy to miss stuff and it doesn't have to be perfect at the first day but now that people might be working on the multiplayer after the normal game launches hopefully there will still be enough devs around to fix the game fast after the launch period and smooth any major bugs right off

I'm actually not bothered by bugs on launch; never have been. I've played Bethesda games my whole life, and older CRPGs had several issues as well (And took much longer to get fixed -- no automatic updates back then!).

As long as a bug doesn't break my save or outright block me from finishing a critical quest (side quests it's OK, because I can avoid them till a patch rolls out), I don't mind. To this day the Witcher 3 still has a few annoying bugs, such as Geralt being unable to attack unless you restart the game. I just make do.

I'm more concerned with delays. It would be very disappointing for them to not only keep their traps shut about the game for years and years, but then announce the release date 10 months out, and still end up delaying it.

My gut tells me they won't, but as the mods are so fond of pointing out, it won't release till it's "ready" in the devs' eyes. Soooo... December 2020 release date, I guess?
Post automatically merged:

So few RPG’s (actual or masquerades) even try to make use of out of combat gameplay and related stats and skills, even when there’s soooo much potential gameplay to be had.

I wonder why that is.
I still think you should give Kingdom Come: Deliverance a try.

Though not always, diplomacy, stealth, and finding general alternate paths through quests is frequently an option. Even in circumstances where you seemingly have to fight, there are ways around it. And it's possible (but difficult) to complete the whole game without actually killing anyone.

You have an actual speech skill (and multiple types of persuasion) that has a direct impact on your ability to persuade people, and stuff like your personal hygiene, equipment quality, and outfit overall helps you persuade different NPCs. Wearing shiny, well-polished knight armor will make nobles take you more seriously, whereas wearing ratty beggar clothes will help you out with the downtrodden.

Is it the best example of a real modern RPG in the world? No. It has problems. But it comes far, far closer than The Witcher 3, Skyrim, or most other current genre entries.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom