What is your biggest fear regarding CP2077

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Skipper_1O1

While I understand that this might feel repetitive if you have an eye for this or focus on this, I think in the end you will hit practical limits. Eventually assets or animations will see re-use because the alternative is creating an above-average or massive amount of animations. Possible, sure. But takes more time. I am not saying "only have one animation set for this" but eventually you have to move on to other animations and things.

Some assets (animations) and people you will eventually see in repeating fashion.

The skill or trick is reducing this threshold as much as possible so it feels as natural or spread out as possible. For example by not having 50 boxing ring fights with eventually finite animations around ever corner (exaggeration) but by spreading those out a tad, if you cannot make excessive animations. It do not want to because you think that is sufficient.

In the end we will have to see what the release day game offers us, however.

My only concern is they tone down the nudity. Now I’m a sick bastard and I like to see it all, but with today’s climate and all the poor snowflakes out there that gets offended by the littlest things, if there’s a lot of nudity I can see it having a crosshair over it and CD being forced to change somethings which would make me in turn very sad because that means no fun bits 😉 but also people that probably don’t even play video games won

You realize that CDPR might not be forced by anyone to portray nudity in a certain way but actually they would just depend on their own taste and design philosophy?

My biggest fear is that "style over substance" applies to their open-world design too haha.

I've seen it discussed already, but I can only agree that a big, empty open-world is always very depressing. And filling it with feathers or question marks doesn't help. It is going to feel very alive and beautiful, that we know. What we don't know is if it's going to be truly interactive. Can we have fun outside of the quests ? Are there interactions with the environment, NPC's ? Animations for mundane stuff ? Activities and/or mini-games.

Those are things that make you feel you're part of that world, more engaged in it, know what I mean ?

So yeah, basically my biggest fear is that the general world interactivity is not on par with the beautiful city they created.

You realize that CDPR might not be forced by anyone to portray nudity in a certain way but actually they would just depend on their own taste and design philosophy?
Yeah you have a point. I’m just saying if it has a lot of nudity and the “media” starts to down play it not all press is good press but you have a point

Deleting male/female references in character generation. The vast majority of the people who will buy this game are males who do not want to play a genderless near-male. We like blood, we like macho and we like sex. Please do not ruin the last of the current gen of games I am hoping to play. Bethesda, EA, etc. are dead to us now. Everyone going Epic are dead to us for a year. You are the last great hope for now. Please do not fail us.

Last edited by a moderator:
so it true that you removed genders in CP2077 if so i need to KNOW so i can choose weather or not i'm going to cancel my collectors edition pre-order? cause i'm worried
why not three options male, female, or unknown, if its true its sad

(Assuming it's real and not some joke or "fake news")

I have my own views on certain gender topics but now people think about canceling their CEs or pre orders just because they literally might be unable to tick male/female?

Come on, you lose nothing. If you want to be male or female pick the according body and voice. Done.

It will be that easy. This seems mildly overblown from my POV.

But you can choose?

Male body *check*
Male voice *check*

?

That's just it sinister, you aren't picking a "male" body, you're picking a body type that some might associate with the male physique, but you aren't picking a "male" body. And you aren't picking a "male" voice, you're picking a "male sounding" voice.

Some might argue that this is mere semantics and we should just get over ourselves, but I think the same argument can be made for those that raised a fervor over this issue in the first place and led CDPR to change this particular aspect of their game. If it's just semantics and get over it, then make a third androgynous option and move on, but instead CDPR took a stance with this change and said that removing gender options was "more inclusive" and I just don't agree.

I'm happy that CDPR is a great developer with an ear that listens to the community, but when they change the style and context for a vocal minority it detracts from the game for me in a big way. You may say "Woah, change the style and context?! They just removed a radio button that says Male/Female... you can still play your V!" My response would be to look back at the game in the 2018 gameplay demonstration when you're running around as a Female V with Jackie, he playfully refers to his friend as "jaina" which has a female connotation. How does Jackie refer to me in my body type typically associated with women and my "male sounding" voice? Does he still call me jaina? So now, as a person who wants to play a male character and see the world interact with me as a man I no longer can because they have to scrub all that contextual chatter and responses. Think about random NPC shop owners who don't know you saying "Hello sir, what can I get you?" as you approach, or while sneaking around a base being spotted someone yells "She's over here!" (which I would come to expect in such a world). Now imagine how CDPR has to go back and scrub every she, he, him, her, guy, gal, mister, misses, etc from their dialog to be they/them or avoiding your gender as a context entirely.

For me, I prefer a world where all those things exist, and to be "inclusive" (as CDPR reps are putting it) they add a third gender option "unknown," "Mx," whatever suits those that are in need of this option. And, since they were planning on scrubbing the dialog anyway, adding the dialog for that option. A world that recognizes and responds differently to men, women, and other... now THAT is inclusive. In that world, I can play my V and enjoy being called "man," "miss," and "they" without feeling like everyone is too scared to treat me like the person I've chosen to be.

Ultimately, my biggest fear is that the game loses its flavor, homogenizes it's context, and gives me something I am not as proud of my pre-order for. Because instead of being all-inclusive, they are currently excluding me -- the simple guy who wants to simply play an interesting man named V in a world crafted for my imagination.

All the romance options will be playersexual too. Everyone in the CP 2077 world is pansexual. Everything is perfect. By trying to be inclusive, you're excluding npcs that are gay or straight and don't any relationship with my character. You're excluding personality.
I agree with every line that sakninoto said. By excluind genres, CDPR is making the game more poor.
I want a rpg that reacts to who I am. I don't want a character that exists only in my imagination and is completley generic in the game.

Last edited:
I think people, who overreact about gender options, missed one the aspects of cyber-implants future: transhumanism. It's about this too. I'm pretty sure when/if humanity reaches the state of science when it can freely choose any body parts and transform themselves into whatever they want, the first thing they will start experimenting with will be sex and gender related. 6 breasts, 3 penises, vaginas instead of ears and even more crazy shit.

It's certainly fascinating, scary and highly likely.
Post automatically merged:

That's just it sinister, you aren't picking a "male" body, you're picking a body type that some might associate with the male physique, but you aren't picking a "male" body. And you aren't picking a "male" voice, you're picking a "male sounding" voice.

Some might argue that this is mere semantics and we should just get over ourselves, but I think the same argument can be made for those that raised a fervor over this issue in the first place and led CDPR to change this particular aspect of their game. If it's just semantics and get over it, then make a third androgynous option and move on, but instead CDPR took a stance with this change and said that removing gender options was "more inclusive" and I just don't agree.

I'm happy that CDPR is a great developer with an ear that listens to the community, but when they change the style and context for a vocal minority it detracts from the game for me in a big way. You may say "Woah, change the style and context?! They just removed a radio button that says Male/Female... you can still play your V!" My response would be to look back at the game in the 2018 gameplay demonstration when you're running around as a Female V with Jackie, he playfully refers to his friend as "jaina" which has a female connotation. How does Jackie refer to me in my body type typically associated with women and my "male sounding" voice? Does he still call me jaina? So now, as a person who wants to play a male character and see the world interact with me as a man I no longer can because they have to scrub all that contextual chatter and responses. Think about random NPC shop owners who don't know you saying "Hello sir, what can I get you?" as you approach, or while sneaking around a base being spotted someone yells "She's over here!" (which I would come to expect in such a world). Now imagine how CDPR has to go back and scrub every she, he, him, her, guy, gal, mister, misses, etc from their dialog to be they/them or avoiding your gender as a context entirely.

For me, I prefer a world where all those things exist, and to be "inclusive" (as CDPR reps are putting it) they add a third gender option "unknown," "Mx," whatever suits those that are in need of this option. And, since they were planning on scrubbing the dialog anyway, adding the dialog for that option. A world that recognizes and responds differently to men, women, and other... now THAT is inclusive. In that world, I can play my V and enjoy being called "man," "miss," and "they" without feeling like everyone is too scared to treat me like the person I've chosen to be.

Ultimately, my biggest fear is that the game loses its flavor, homogenizes it's context, and gives me something I am not as proud of my pre-order for. Because instead of being all-inclusive, they are currently excluding me -- the simple guy who wants to simply play an interesting man named V in a world crafted for my imagination.
I think you can choose how you're addressed - male or female. Pick female body, male voice, and being addressed as "sir". It will be a big deal for trans people, who were born females but feel themselves as males. If you want to play a regular male or female, just pick male physique, male voice, being addressed as "sir" and there you go. What's the big deal? It is inclusive. It is futuristic. And it makes sense in the world of CP.

Last edited:
What's the big deal? It is inclusive. It is futuristic. And it makes sense in the world of CP.

I couldn't agree more. Nevertheless, I think that one of the main problems with Internet forums is anonymity. Anonymity protects, but it is also impossible to deduce the age or nationality of an individual.
Perhaps there are very young people here for whom, for example, it is often important to define themselves through a clear idea of gender. I also know people from other cultural backgrounds who hold up a traditional family image, which of course requires a very clear gender image. And for them it doesn't seem inclusive if these (their) clarities are questioned. In this respect, the question is always, in relation to WHICH value system something is inclusive. And as long as the people who post here do not reveal these backgrounds, but (at worst) only post aggressive conspiracy theories, the discussion will go round in circles and be the opposite of inclusive.

Why would people tell their life story in a forum dedicated to videogames? Critiques can be understood intrinsically.

Why would people tell their life story in a forum dedicated to videogames?

You don't have to tell your life story, just make your critique more transparent by saying something like "where I come from, most people agree with this and that"... It will make statements and discussions less aggressive.

Critiques can be understood intrinsically.

I don't think so. If I criticized people in here, because wearing glasses is blasphemic, you would only understand that if you lived in 14th century christianic Europe. Critique is always connected to cultural background.

OK. So. Lots of posts deleted. I don't care what your position is on gender choice debate, but (1) you will discuss it without insulting others and (2) you will do it without discussing IRL politics (which are unwelcomed here). Or your posts will get deleted and additional penalties may be issued. Saying your preference is fine, saying "this is all because of so-and-so real world political/worldview situation" is gonna get your post nuked. The no IRL politics part of the rules is not a suggestion.

Last edited:
I don't think so. If I criticized people in here, because wearing glasses is blasphemic, you would only understand that if you lived in 14th century christianic Europe. Critique is always connected to cultural background.

I'd understand your critique if you tried to reason it, whether I understood your cultural background or not. If you tried to explain, following your example, why wearing glasses is blasphemous, I could understand you even if I lived in 1st Century AD Rome. Anyway, that's my opinion, and I respect and understand your approach. I just prefer formalism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom