What is your biggest fear regarding CP2077

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well here's my thoughts.

I think this has allways been the intention since it fits very well in CP world. You will probably still be able to choose Male/female with body type and voice and probably body mods and so on ingame later. Gender in a world with cyber implants is probably a thing of the past in general..

I allways play RPGs as another character then who i am IRL since that's what i like about gaming. Gender and sexuality is a part of those choises you can have. I can be who ever i want. So i kinda like this "change" in that way. Player choice is important after all in a RPG. Tho i kinda agree with some ppl about having the choice "male/female/fluid?". Sexuality will probably not be a checkmark choice but how you interact with the NPCs. And that's fine, great even.

The thing i have a problem with is the way these "gaming" sites are gonna use this, as they already have. Since i haven't found a recording of this interview and cant hear the phrasing and so on i must assume whats reported is correct. The inclusive talk and so on. That feels like pandering. I don't like that. And i think most upset ppl is upset about that. If this was revealed in the live stream without much mention and talk about inclusivity i don't think it would be this much of a deal. Mentioning this kinda makes it a political issue, even if that was not the intention.

But i will keep a close eye on this. And the rest of the info we get before the launch. If i see CDPR adding stuff that don't fit to placate or say things that has nothing to do with it, i will probably cancel it...

Anyways, hope this doesn't break the no politics rule. Quite hard to know whats "politics" and what is not in this crazy world..

Well, you lost a future customer(no pre-orders ever), good luck catering to the minority, who don't even play games.
Guess Its too much to ask for. Wanting to play a white male in 2020 lol.

Too damn bad...

Well, you lost a future customer(no pre-orders ever), good luck catering to the minority, who don't even play games.
Guess Its too much to ask for. Wanting to play a white male in 2020 lol.

Too damn bad...

But whats the exact problem here? Personally I don't care if it's gonna be "choose a body type" or "choose a gender"... Does it make any difference? At the end your character "looks like" a male. Body type, gender or whatever....

How the dialogue is going to work?
Are they going through hundreds of pages of dialogue to see if there are any she/her or he/him references and they remove them?
I doubt it. NPCs already probably refer to V more frequently by name or you as to a third person he/she. Recording voice lines twice just to switch the he to a she seems like an inefficient use of time/resources for VA unless there is a true flavor reason for it. Like IIRC Jackie referred to female looking V as Jaina and male looking V as something else. But to fill dialogue with lots of he/she options is inefficient writing from a budgeting standpoint to begin with.

I would guess those sort of flavor options (or even he/she if it's there) are still tied either to (a) body type, (b) voice selection, or (c) a separate character creator choice regarding how the player wants others to refer to V. Those would be the three most logical ways to do it IMO. Any one of them works for me. They're a lot easier than rewriting the script.

Last edited:
Except you're not losing options. The difference is gender won't be tied to sex. Yes, technically speaking these are defined as different things (look it up). The only removed item is the implied correlation between the two. The number of options themselves would be higher.

I think part of the confusion over this complete non-issue is people are unaware of this fact. It's kind of like vegan vs vegetarian. It's easy to lump the two together and refer to them interchangeably if you're unaware they're actually different concepts altogether.

All of this is meaningless if then the NPCs do not react to whatever you chose your character to be. And the eventuality of removing the "him/her" from the voiceover in favour of an overencompassing "gender neutral" dialogues is even worse. It's terrible. Expecially because in the last year DEMO the characters refered to V as Miss V.

And more posts deleted. The thread will get locked, soon, if the politics talk doesn't stop. You can think and believe whatever you want, but you do have to follow the forum rules when posting about what you think and believe.

Also, there's no need to name-call others.

All of this is meaningless if then the NPCs do not react to whatever you chose your character to be. And the eventuality of removing the "him/her" from the voiceover in favour of an overencompassing "gender neutral" dialogues is even worse. It's terrible. Expecially because in the last year DEMO the characters refered to V as Miss V.
Yep it's the little stuff that can make or break your immersion, it baffles me that most people fail see that for most us the issue is not the fact that they got rid of the buttons it's the fact that we could potentially lose content for no good reason.

Assuming this would hold true, sure. It's not a safe assumption. There are other ways to structure conversations within the game and whatnot without slapping down pronouns everywhere.

Personally, I don't care one way or the other. It doesn't directly effect me. If someone wishes to play a certain sex character identifying as a different gender from that sex, go for it. It's a video game. It feels a bit silly to corner them into playing the game a different way because the alternative means they're included. Phrased differently, I see altering this area of the game as a non-issue, provided the game lives up to it's expected quality.

Against my better judgement.... Keep in mind, I know full well why people are up in arms about it. I'm not buying the smokescreen. In the interest of adhering to the forum rules I'll leave it at that :).

These creative decision fits perfectly in CP if you think about it. Maybe it's just alot of these "fans" simply don't like how these headlines were written. It's like you're turning this IP into a battlefield, a piece of land that needs to be fought over and owned by only one side unable to share it with the other.

But tbh. I'm starting to wish that CDPR should have never spoken up about anything and let the game speak for itself during release. It would've spread like wildfire through recommendations if it was truly that good. Talking about all the little details now is just plain ruining the sense of discovery and leaving sour tastes for both sides. It looks to me that they're too focused on getting that box office numbers on the 1st week and one thing I've noticed in seeing/playing movies, tv and games is that too much marketing usually ends up with underwhelming quality. I truly hope I am dead wrong here.

NPCs will still call you he or she,they doesn’t change that and I have prove. I also have something western gamers doesn’t know.

At ChinaJoy ,CDPR showed the mandarin verison of 50 minutes of gameplay showed at E3.They also said voice localization is done,it spend 8 months,used more than 150 voice actors,record about 70 thousand dialogues,that’s a lot of work,and I don’t think they will re-record all the dialogue include he/she.

Also I can tell you Witcher 3 has about 67000 dialogues,but the voice actor also said a random person on street will have more than 40 dialogues, now you can have a vision of the game’s length.

Because some guy said skank? All that does is make me wonder why he thinks the MEA protagonists is a skank, at best they are downright boring at worst they've got zero personality, back to the topic of this thread: My biggest fear is the game not matching up to the witcher, seeing as I'm a big fan of the whole cyberpunk shtick (ghost in the shell, shadowrun and deus-ex) this game caught my eye from day one, but following the witcher wont be easy.

Last edited:
There's already too few games where PC gender matters, which is a shame, because it gives a lot of replayability and fun.
I would like to see a lot more, but it seems to be a sweet dream.
This Cyberpunk game and the controversies around will be a "good" experience for CDPR, I think.
What we've learnt is, sometimes showing less(or a lot less) from a game(or product) can be a lot more benefitical than showing everything and then trying to appease the angry mob. <no political meaning here>

My biggest fear is That CD Projekt Red is going to start giving into the social pandering. After hearing that they are removing the option to choose a gender. So now I can only be an IT that either looks masculine or feminine. That doesn't allow me to play the character that I want to play. I don't like the option to remove gender from the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom