What is your favorite ending? [SPOILERS]

• Ciri becomes a witcher.

Votes: 158 71.2%
  • Ciri become Empress.

Votes: 51 23.0%
  • Ciri dies.

Votes: 13 5.9%

• Total voters
surprised me that Ciri's was alive after all, cried even because I've thought she died, learned then she's not and that she followed witcher's path...
I had a very similar reaction. That ending was the one I got for my first playthrough and I remember being really confused about the epilogue until Ciri was revealed.

As for the thread in general, the empress ending is my favourite. To me, it makes the most sense, it's really bittersweet and beautiful, plus the different scenery is really enjoyable.

The sad ending I have never got, and never will. Too tragic for me.

I was never really satisfied with the way Sapkowski ended his novels on a grim note so seeing how i could tailor to my fashion a happier ending, much like what is shown in 10th anniversary video, was really refreshing to see. While witcher Ciri ending seemed tempting at first i have figured it out that the most wholesome ending in which all four main characters in the game are happy is the one where she becomes empress. So in case you are wondering what i did and my reasoning behind it here it is:

Ciri - What she wants most is to make her own decisions in life, and once the option to become empress is made known to her that is exactly what she decides to do. Only by telling her not to visit Emhyr does she not find out about his plan of renouncing the throne, so she doesn't have a choice and becomes a witcher. Also from what we hear Dandelion says in the epilogue she proves to be quite a capable and fair ruler, so the world itself should become a better place in general.

Yennefer - What she wants most is to be a mother, and with Ciri being empress she will undoubtedly be there for her and become her advisor even. She gets to spend lots of time with her daughter and really get the whole connection going. Conversation between Philippa and Geralt during sunstone quest pretty much reveals that she wants Geralt to take Yennefer away so Philippa could manipulate Ciri, and we all know that if Yennefer is there she is not going to let that happen.

Triss - What she wants most is to be the only woman in Geralt's life, no matter if they stay in Kovir or move to Toussaint. She pretty much confirms in all three games that she is prepared to drop everything in order to be together with Geralt if that is what he wants. And seeing how world ends up in a peaceful state i can easily see her walking away from politics so she can spend more time with Geralt. Her getting to Toussaint all the way from Kovir in the B&W ending should be proof enough she is ready to fully commit to Geralt, all he needs to do is ask.

Geralt - What he wants most is to make sure his loved ones are safe and leading happy lives and to finally settle down, by choosing Triss he doesn't end up alone and possibly becomes the first witcher to die in his bed. Cakes, wine, baths and Gwent for days.. if that doesn't sound like a happy ending for our old guy then i don't know what does.

So yeah, there is the state i left the witcher world in. Thanks to CDPR for these wonderful games and great adaptation of the story.

If Geralt retires with Triss or Yen, then Ciri should become Empress. The idea of Ciri being a Witcher by herself isn't really satisfying.

If Geralt doesn't end up with Triss or Yen and continues Witching, then Ciri should become a Witcher and they can do it together.

Just my thoughts.

Ciri becomes a witcher.

Feel like it's the best ending to be somewhat canon to the books.

Random question, is there a fan fiction, story, sub-forum for the witcher on here? Would be cool to read other people's short stories or material.

Best Ciri ending? Hmmm...

The witcher ending is a good one, and I think it fits a little better with Triss romance, because it becomes easier for Geralt to check on Ciri if necessary. When he romances Yen, they seem to isolate themselves, and the ending itself conflicts with Geralt's behavior towards Yen: it's Yen who keeps telling Geralt to report on Ciri to Emhyr and the witcher ending is a direct result of Geralt not taking Ciri to him. Well, if you romance Yen, you're far more likely to listen to her advice, right?

But I just don't like Ciri as a witcher. She doesn't have any of the "tools" of the witcher at her disposal, just the silver sword, and being a witcher is much too easy work for her, especially if she learns how to utilize her powers. The whole point of a witcher is to be someone who can go toe-on-toe with monsters but still risks a lot. Nekkers are already easy for Geralt, imagine for Ciri!

So I think the empress ending could be the best. It gives Ciri a fixed location, works with either Yen or Triss romance (although Yen is preferred in this situation), and makes the Nilfgaard victory not much of a sacrifice as it is in the ending where Emhyr is the ruler. A North under Nilfgaard ruled by Ciri is in the best position to prosper after the war.

Ciri dying means you failed at being a good father so it's the worst outcome by far. IMO it only makes sense if you play "evil Geralt": ignore Triss' plea to help the mages, break up with Yennefer, don't help either an Craite sibling, ignore Radovid quest, and always go after the money in small quests.

Last edited:
Ciri becomes a witcher was my goal.

In the end of all DLC I would have wished for Shani as a partner, maybe she could have become a sorceress somehow too and to meet up with Geralts live span. As you spend alot of time/ adventures in the game with her instead of Yen and/or Triss I would aim for this kind of choice...

Top Bottom