What is your favorite ending? [SPOILERS]

• Ciri becomes a witcher.

Votes: 158 71.2%
  • Ciri become Empress.

Votes: 51 23.0%
  • Ciri dies.

Votes: 13 5.9%

• Total voters
Actually in the bad ending she might not be dead - maybe after saving the world she just teleported somwhere else (like in the books), cause player's decisions didn't make her care enough for geralt/witcher world to get back there.
Anyway, perfect ending for me? Definitely witcheress.
1) She always wanted to be a witcheress since she met geralt for the first time
2) She's got necessary skills and training for that
3) Because of her talents she doesn't need mutations to be succesfull
4) She stays with geralt and yen at least for some time (rest of the training)
5) She's not going to be a puppet or breeding machine in the hands of some nilfgaardian nobility (after emhyr dies or even before that if you know what he wanted to do with her in the books)
6) With all of her compassion, humanity etc. she's got no place on the throne of the biggest empire in the world full of backstabbers who are waiting for one tiny mistake and bam you're gone, she's by no means equal to emhyr in that case
7) Even if she's witcheress her son and grandson still can fulfill the prophecy and they may even have decent and loving father chosen by ciri herself, not by some nilfgaardian noble
8 ) It's the happy ending I've been waiting for since the books :) And yes, for once I want that something really good happens to geralt through all these years
9) In the first playthrough I've been given the empress ending, cried like a little bitch after that amazing goodbye scenes and I never ever want to feel that again

The only problem I can see here is that finally emhyr's gonna find out about her (rumors of the ashen-haired witcheress) and she might be on the run again (easy for her) and then geralt & yen might get hurt for lying to the emperor. But well, they can handle that somehow, can't they? ;)

Last edited:
Actually in the bad ending she might not be dead - maybe after saving the world she just teleported somwhere else (like in the books), cause player's decisions didn't make her care enough for geralt/witcher world to get back there.
Anyway, perfect ending for me? Definitely witcheress.
1) She always wanted to be a witcheress since she met geralt for the first time
2) She's got necessary skills and training for that
3) Because of her talents she doesn't need mutations to be succesfull
4) She stays with geralt and yen at least for some time (rest of the training)
5) She's not going to be a puppet or breeding machine in the hands of some nilfgaardian nobility (after emhyr dies or even before that if you know what he wanted to do with her in the books)
6) With all of her compassion, humanity etc. she's got no place on the throne of the biggest empire in the world full of backstabbers who are waiting for one tiny mistake and bam you're gone, she's by no means equal to emhyr in that case
7) Even if she's witcheress her son and grandson still can fulfill the prophecy and they may even have decent and loving father chosen by ciri herself, not by some nilfgaardian noble
8 ) It's the happy ending I've been waiting for since the books :) And yes, for once I want that something really good happens to geralt through all these years
9) In the first playthrough I've been given the empress ending, cried like a little bitch after that amazing goodbye scenes and I never ever want to feel that again

The only problem I can see here is that finally emhyr's gonna find out about her (rumors of the ashen-haired witcheress) and she might be on the run again (easy for her) and then geralt & yen might get hurt for lying to the emperor. But well, they can handle that somehow, can't they? ;)

Counterarguments why she is not suited to become a real witcher:
1. Due to lack of mutations she is not immune to diseases, which will prevents her from fighting certain monsters that spread diseases like pesta.
2. Due to lack of mutations she won't be able to drink toxic witcher's potions, which prevents her from being extra effective and failsafe against certain monsters like vampires because no "black blood" for Ciri is possible.
3. Due to lack of mutations she is fertile and sooner or later she'll get pregnant, which will screw her witcher career.

Sure but she's got her magic (most powerfull in the world i guess) so I bet there are some spells that grant protections from diseases. And thanks to them she wouldn't need potions (magic enchanced combat like vilgefortz in books). Pregnancy is good, isn't it? ;) Especially with the phropecy in mind.
Like I said these are my arguments for my playthrough. Everyone has his own and it's not my intention to convince anyone that it's the best ending overall and the other one is worse. That's why we've got 3 endings.

I am honestly a bit shocked at how many people prefer her to be a female Witcher over being the next Empress.

Let's review a few things here.

1.) As a Witcher, she will face daily prejudice from the superstitious, mysogynistic and hateful parts of the population. Not to mentions threats of rape and violence. She is supremely equipped to deal with any threat of violence, due to her powers, but I can't think but imagine that her getting treated like a leper by large parts of the population will not have a good effect on her personality in the long term.
2.) Even if she can overpower about any supernatural threat she faces, due to her OP power set, she still has to wade through sewers and mud and whatever other natural hazard she encounters on her way to do her job. As she isn't as well equipped as Gerald or any other Witcher to deal with things like disease and poison, this puts her at great danger of falling prey to those factors.
3.) Depending on the political situation, she probably won't be a Witcher for long. If Radovid lives, Witchers and all supernaturals and non-humans are hunted down and killed. If Emhyr wins, well, how long do you suppose that deception about her being dead will exactly last? Try to be realistic about the situation. I think Dijkstra ruling the North is the best situation for her and would you really let Ves and Vernon die? Shame on you if you did.

And those are just the factors dealing with the Witcher ending. Empress ending is also preferable on many other factors.

1.) Yes, Ciri probably won't find the same fulfillment as if she were on the road with Gerald. However, she walks into the whole deal with open eyes and you can't tell me that idealistic people can't find fulfillment in making the lives of others better. Ghandi, Mother Theresa, many others more from history... making the world better demands some sacrifices and her being Empress gives her the best chance to make the world a better place for everyone. Being "just a witcher", as she herself says it to Gerald, is low-scale work. She has ideals which prompt her to sacrifice a part of her personal happyness and that is totally a decent choice.
2.) The unneeded melodrama about her never seeing Geralt again was really the only part I found bad storytelling in the game. Seriously, CD Project Red, why did you hand the idiot ball to Ciri and Geralt in that particular situation? She can teleport. So can Yennefer (and therefore Geralt, even if he doesn't particularly like it). Visiting is easier for all of them than walking down the street is for us. Sheesh.
3.) She will have time to learn her new job. Emhyr will teach her, the lodge of sorceresses has a vested interest in her being alive and doing a good job, she has friends with rulers all over the continent. People saying that she won't survive long are not thinking it through. Assassins probably can't even touch her, due to her OP power set. Poison could be a problem, but, again, she has sorceresses looking out for her.

So, yeah, the visceral first reaction probably makes the Witcher Ciri ending better for some people, but thinking it through, she is in a much better position and can do much more good as Empress Ciri. At least in my opinion.

Which, IMO, is another case of "Daddy knows best" syndrome, which, generally speaking, is not rewarded in this game, given that it gives you the bad ending if you do it too much. I don't mind giving her advice and opinions, but in this case it leads to her choosing ignorance over full knowledge, which I personally disapprove of.

She asks for Geralt's advice. You don't just give it to her on a whim. Geralt has no reason to lie to Ciri about the type of manipulative scum Emhyr is.

---------- Updated at 11:15 PM ----------

Counterarguments why she is not suited to become a real witcher:
1. Due to lack of mutations she is not immune to diseases, which will prevents her from fighting certain monsters that spread diseases like pesta.
2. Due to lack of mutations she won't be able to drink toxic witcher's potions, which prevents her from being extra effective and failsafe against certain monsters like vampires because no "black blood" for Ciri is possible.
3. Due to lack of mutations she is fertile and sooner or later she'll get pregnant, which will screw her witcher career.

You do realize that Ciri brings the plague into the world in the first place, right? It's not like she catches it either. I suspect her elder blood makes her immune to such things.

---------- Updated at 11:16 PM ----------

Sure but she's got her magic (most powerfull in the world i guess) so I bet there are some spells that grant protections from diseases. And thanks to them she wouldn't need potions (magic enchanced combat like vilgefortz in books). Pregnancy is good, isn't it? ;) Especially with the phropecy in mind.
Like I said these are my arguments for my playthrough. Everyone has his own and it's not my intention to convince anyone that it's the best ending overall and the other one is worse. That's why we've got 3 endings.

She can't cast spells like that, but I think she has protection via elder blood. It's that powerful.

---------- Updated at 11:18 PM ----------

I am honestly a bit shocked at how many people prefer her to be a female Witcher over being the next Empress.

Let's review a few things here.

1.) As a Witcher, she will face daily prejudice from the superstitious, mysogynistic and hateful parts of the population. Not to mentions threats of rape and violence. She is supremely equipped to deal with any threat of violence, due to her powers, but I can't think but imagine that her getting treated like a leper by large parts of the population will not have a good effect on her personality in the long term.
2.) Even if she can overpower about any supernatural threat she faces, due to her OP power set, she still has to wade through sewers and mud and whatever other natural hazard she encounters on her way to do her job. As she isn't as well equipped as Gerald or any other Witcher to deal with things like disease and poison, this puts her at great danger of falling prey to those factors.
3.) Depending on the political situation, she probably won't be a Witcher for long. If Radovid lives, Witchers and all supernaturals and non-humans are hunted down and killed. If Emhyr wins, well, how long do you suppose that deception about her being dead will exactly last? Try to be realistic about the situation. I think Dijkstra ruling the North is the best situation for her and would you really let Ves and Vernon die? Shame on you if you did.

And those are just the factors dealing with the Witcher ending. Empress ending is also preferable on many other factors.

1.) Yes, Ciri probably won't find the same fulfillment as if she were on the road with Gerald. However, she walks into the whole deal with open eyes and you can't tell me that idealistic people can't find fulfillment in making the lives of others better. Ghandi, Mother Theresa, many others more from history... making the world better demands some sacrifices and her being Empress gives her the best chance to make the world a better place for everyone. Being "just a witcher", as she herself says it to Gerald, is low-scale work. She has ideals which prompt her to sacrifice a part of her personal happyness and that is totally a decent choice.
2.) The unneeded melodrama about her never seeing Geralt again was really the only part I found bad storytelling in the game. Seriously, CD Project Red, why did you hand the idiot ball to Ciri and Geralt in that particular situation? She can teleport. So can Yennefer (and therefore Geralt, even if he doesn't particularly like it). Visiting is easier for all of them than walking down the street is for us. Sheesh.
3.) She will have time to learn her new job. Emhyr will teach her, the lodge of sorceresses has a vested interest in her being alive and doing a good job, she has friends with rulers all over the continent. People saying that she won't survive long are not thinking it through. Assassins probably can't even touch her, due to her OP power set. Poison could be a problem, but, again, she has sorceresses looking out for her.

So, yeah, the visceral first reaction probably makes the Witcher Ciri ending better for some people, but thinking it through, she is in a much better position and can do much more good as Empress Ciri. At least in my opinion.

If Emhyr tries to pursue Ciri she can easily just teleport away. It's not the big of a problem for her. Again, Ciri has yet to catch any diseases despite being the person who brought the most deadly of them all.

She asks for Geralt's advice. You don't just give it to her on a whim. Geralt has no reason to lie to Ciri about the type of manipulative scum Emhyr is.

It still is a case of "Daddy knows best". You (as Geralt) are enabling her ignorance by imposing your own biases. Taking her to Emhyr allows her to form her own impressions of him, instead of just accepting your interpretation as her canon.

If Emhyr tries to pursue Ciri she can easily just teleport away. It's not the big of a problem for her. Again, Ciri has yet to catch any diseases despite being the person who brought the most deadly of them all.

Yes, but her being spotted has several other consequences. Like Emhyr probably going after Geralt and Yen (or Triss) for lying to him about Ciri's death. He doesn't seem like the type of person who would forgive being deceived in such a way about the death of his own daughter.

And about the diseases... it is undefined, but unless we get evidence that Ciri is simply immune to disease, I will go with the more logical conclusion that she is not.

Main problem I have is that we have to stand on top of a stack of assumptions to get answers to these endings.

Empress ending has the opportunity to really cause big change, but what about the internal strife and backstabbing that ousts Emhyr should he fail to win the war? There's mentions of political turmoil even as he was winning the war and pushing north. Maybe that was a long time coming, but it's never explained so we can't really judge the political scene in Nilfgaard accurately.
To extend that line of thinking a little, how much change would Ciri feel like she need to make? Would those changes go counter to the inherent feeling within Nilfgaard? Wouldn't that cause backlash? Huge changes on a political level of an empire of that size are no joke.

We don't know enough about the situation there or what Ciri would face to really say one way or another. So we're left wondering and it's up to our own interpretations. Personally, I find that there's too much unknown and the risk far outweighs the potential rewards. As for personal happiness, I'm pretty sure Ciri will have to just straight up forgo that given her personality and that she'd likely get a husband selected for her.

Plus, you know, Emhyr may change his mind on a certain something.

The finality of Ciri and Geralt's farewell also didn't sit well with me. Sounded like she basically cast the Witcher life aside along with Geralt. Don't understand her reasoning for that, but then again she also doesn't give much of a reason why she thinks she can be successful in the role of empress. /shrug

As for the Witcheress ending, Witchers choose the contracts they want to do. If she really would struggle or be vulnerable to a certain type of monster, she would just move on. In the short stories it's stressed that Witchers only take contracts when the pay matches the risk and that the risk is not too great. Not all Witchers are as skillful as Geralt, so not everyone will fight Archgriffons or greater Vampires if they don't feel up to it.

Furthermore, she's not gone through the mutations so she would not be a freak. If people would give her crap for doing Witcher work, she could always pass herself off as a mercenary or something.

The endings could've used a bit more feedback from Ciri in what she feels she owes the world, if anything. I could totally dig a completely self-sacrificing Ciri that is hellbent on doing whatever it takes to stop war, racism and misery by taking up the reigns of leadership. But I never got the impression she has such lofty goals. For me it seemed like she just wanted it all to end so she could live an 'ordinary' life, just like she said in the camp of traveling artists. If we are to believe otherwise, then we're missing some dialogue frankly.

It still is a case of "Daddy knows best". You (as Geralt) are enabling her ignorance by imposing your own biases. Taking her to Emhyr allows her to form her own impressions of him, instead of just accepting your interpretation as her canon.

Yes, but her being spotted has several other consequences. Like Emhyr probably going after Geralt and Yen (or Triss) for lying to him about Ciri's death. He doesn't seem like the type of person who would forgive being deceived in such a way about the death of his own daughter.

And about the diseases... it is undefined, but unless we get evidence that Ciri is simply immune to disease, I will go with the more logical conclusion that she is not.

You're not enabling anything by telling Ciri the truth when she asks for the truth. It is disrespectful to tell someone a lie when they ask for your honest opinion. You are treating her like a child if you can't tell her the truth, a child that can't make a decision when all the facts are presented to her.

Ciri doesn't want to see her father because she knows he's a scumbag. You have to convince her to see Emhyr, it's not the other way around. In the end, if you take her to see Emhyr, he ends up manipulating her with guilt.

Last edited:
Got the Empress ending, but liked the Witcheress ending more... the "bad" ending, while ambiguous, is a bit too depressing for my tastes, even for a world as dark as the Witcher's. I just have a hard time imagining Geralt wandering the world as a broken, tragic hero... he's much to cynical for that.

Main problem I have is that we have to stand on top of a stack of assumptions to get answers to these endings.

Empress ending has the opportunity to really cause big change, but what about the internal strife and backstabbing that ousts Emhyr should he fail to win the war? There's mentions of political turmoil even as he was winning the war and pushing north. Maybe that was a long time coming, but it's never explained so we can't really judge the political scene in Nilfgaard accurately.
To extend that line of thinking a little, how much change would Ciri feel like she need to make? Would those changes go counter to the inherent feeling within Nilfgaard? Wouldn't that cause backlash? Huge changes on a political level of an empire of that size are no joke.

We don't know enough about the situation there or what Ciri would face to really say one way or another. So we're left wondering and it's up to our own interpretations. Personally, I find that there's too much unknown and the risk far outweighs the potential rewards. As for personal happiness, I'm pretty sure Ciri will have to just straight up forgo that given her personality and that she'd likely get a husband selected for her.

Plus, you know, Emhyr may change his mind on a certain something.

The finality of Ciri and Geralt's farewell also didn't sit well with me. Sounded like she basically cast the Witcher life aside along with Geralt. Don't understand her reasoning for that, but then again she also doesn't give much of a reason why she thinks she can be successful in the role of empress. /shrug

As for the Witcheress ending, Witchers choose the contracts they want to do. If she really would struggle or be vulnerable to a certain type of monster, she would just move on. In the short stories it's stressed that Witchers only take contracts when the pay matches the risk and that the risk is not too great. Not all Witchers are as skillful as Geralt, so not everyone will fight Archgriffons or greater Vampires if they don't feel up to it.

Furthermore, she's not gone through the mutations so she would not be a freak. If people would give her crap for doing Witcher work, she could always pass herself off as a mercenary or something.

The endings could've used a bit more feedback from Ciri in what she feels she owes the world, if anything. I could totally dig a completely self-sacrificing Ciri that is hellbent on doing whatever it takes to stop war, racism and misery by taking up the reigns of leadership. But I never got the impression she has such lofty goals. For me it seemed like she just wanted it all to end so she could live an 'ordinary' life, just like she said in the camp of traveling artists. If we are to believe otherwise, then we're missing some dialogue frankly.

Totally agree with this. As we have both mentioned in another thread, there just wasn't enough elucidation of her motives. Also, I felt that Geralt seemed slightly pushy with the Witcher path (even though it was the ending I wanted) given the decisions to keep her "alive" were, for the most part, empowering her to make her own decisions. That said, I always assumed (perhaps incorrectly, perhaps not) in the Witcheress ending that it is what she wanted all along. Either way, you're right...there was no feedback from Ciri or any mention of her own goals, wishes, thoughts, or anything for that matter.

The Empress ending is tricky because as saricc mentions, she was probably guilted into the role. I certainly didn't get the impression from watching it that she was terribly enthused about it. It seemed more likely, judging from her demeanor, that she was taking it on as more of a burden than it being a choice she really wanted.

Last edited:
The Empress ending is tricky because as saricc mentions, she was probably guilted into the role. I certainly didn't get the impression from watching it that she was terribly enthused about it. It seemed more likely, judging from her demeanor, that she was taking it on as more of a burden than it being a choice she really wanted.

Could be, but isn't it strange that you spend half the game empowering her and letting her stand up to the Lodge (for example) yet even if you make all the "correct" choices in those moments, she seems to be pressured/manipulated/guilted into making a choice she does not fully believe in?

But even so, doesn't strike me as a particularly "good" ending if manipulation is how that life is forced on her. Though I can certainly see Emhyr go that path, knowing the books.

Edit: Another thought:
I also find it strange that there's no possibility for Ciri to talk to Geralt about her plans to become Empress. She did the same thing when she fled after the final battle to go deal with the White Frost in the tower, but if you pick dialogue options that are understanding and supportive, she says something along the lines of "I didn't realize you would be so understanding... maybe I should've told you earlier.". So, really, if you can support her in a choice that could effectively end her life, I'm pretty sure she would talk to you about becoming empress.

And yes, I realize one of the reasons she gave was that she wanted to relish her last months together with Geralt, but come on, that epilogue is full of holes as it stands.

Last edited:

That strikes me as very specious logic. Ciri asks your opinion and you give it. Given that visiting the Emperor may be actually DANGEROUS, this is a valid scene.

I think in real-life, if I asked someone "should I visit a mob boss" and someone who has met said mob boss says, "No."

Then I don't feel manipulated.

Ciri probably isn't. However, most Witchers aren't immune to being killed by ancient Hag Demigods and Ciri kills two out of three. The thing is, Ciri is well aware of her own vulnerabilities and will be able to compensate for them with either magic (if only she knew some sort of witch who could provide her protections--maybe a mother substitute or something) or simple precautions.

The novels are full of entirely successful NORMAL Monster hunters. They're just much-much rarer than Witchers. Geralt complains about a few of them.

Siegfried, for example, is an entirely capable one.

Last edited:
Could be, but isn't it strange that you spend half the game empowering her and letting her stand up to the Lodge (for example) yet even if you make all the "correct" choices in those moments, she seems to be pressured/manipulated/guilted into making a choice she does not fully believe in?

But even so, doesn't strike me as a particularly "good" ending if manipulation is how that life is forced on her. Though I can certainly see Emhyr go that path, knowing the books.

Yeah, it is strange. I even remember certain moments and dialogues where it is heavily hinted that she will become empress, such as one with Voorhis (though this could just be wishful thinking on his part), Philippa, of course, and some others that I can't think of off the top of my head. Yet, all of the "good" decisions are empowering her for the remainder of the game just to have an about-face and completely give up her freedom to go along with the plans of another. Perhaps this is telling as it shows how manipulative Emhyr is, that he would probably hint at how she would prevent conflict, suffering, yadda yadda.

That's why that ending didn't really resonate with me. I can see the arguments some people make for it, but it doesn't really jive with what you just mentioned: empowering her in the second and third acts just to have her throw aside this empowerment and drive to be able to make her own decisions (especially after she just supposedly defeated the White Frost) and then suddenly she just decides to give up all of that personal freedom? I didn't buy it.

Yeah, it is strange. I even remember certain moments and dialogues where it is heavily hinted that she will become empress, such as one with Voorhis (though this could just be wishful thinking on his part), Philippa, of course, and some others that I can't think of off the top of my head. Yet, all of the "good" decisions are empowering her for the remainder of the game just to have an about-face and completely give up her freedom to go along with the plans of another. Perhaps this is telling as it shows how manipulative Emhyr is, that he would probably hint at how she would prevent conflict, suffering, yadda yadda.

That's why that ending didn't really resonate with me. I can see the arguments some people make for it, but it doesn't really jive with what you just mentioned: empowering her in the second and third acts just to have her throw aside this empowerment and drive to be able to make her own decisions (especially after she just supposedly defeated the White Frost) and then suddenly she just decides to give up all of that personal freedom? I didn't buy it.

Yeah, it's weird because I thought the game was beating you over the head with the Witcher ending. For me, the big clue "Witcheress" ending was Ciri's mission in Novigrad where you help the traveling troupe of acrobats and you can sit down with Ciri to ask what she wants.

Ciri explains in no uncertain terms:

1. I want the freedom of the open road
2. I want to have a lover who is my own and not chosen for me.
3. I want to be able to get drunk
4. I want to help the downtrodden and poor like the elves against evil rich people

You even steal some horses, which goes to show her mindset is that of a lovable rogue and not a lawmaking busybody.

It more or less was a giant neon sign hanging over my head Ciri did not under any circumstances want anything to do with the halls of power, prestige, or anyone but the common people.

She was a Witcher already, she just needed the sword.

It also helps to know what exactly Ciri's values are as she goes to visit an old lover (the innkeeper) and to go murder Whoreson Junior.

Last edited:
@Willowhugger

Well like dzbrown said, I got the impression the plot was moving towards the empress ending. You're right about Ciri's motivations, but all the other characters that talk about her future plans allude to her becoming empress. Voorhis is drooling at the possibility, Philippa says "get out of dodge and leave the future empress in my care." and I was pretty sure there were other mentions as well, like dzbrown suggested.

Ciri also confirms that she would love nothing better than to hang out with Ciri and go Witchering together when you ask her not to go into the tower to fight the White Frost. So she's very clear that she just wants to leave all the plots for her power behind and live an ordinary life. Something that every other character interested in her does not want at all.

@Willowhugger

Well like dzbrown said, I got the impression the plot was moving towards the empress ending. You're right about Ciri's motivations, but all the other characters that talk about her future plans allude to her becoming empress. Voorhis is drooling at the possibility, Philippa says "get out of dodge and leave the future empress in my care." and I was pretty sure there were other mentions as well, like dzbrown suggested.

Ciri also confirms that she would love nothing better than to hang out with Ciri and go Witchering together when you ask her not to go into the tower to fight the White Frost. So she's very clear that she just wants to leave all the plots for her power behind and live an ordinary life. Something that every other character interested in her does not want at all.

Ah, now I get it.

The thing is, I just assumed that was their assumptions about Ciri and the game was making it clear they didn't know her at all. There's a statement about Kill Bill part 2 that Bill gives a lengthy speech about Clark Kent/Superman which makes no damned sense from anyone but a psychopath's perspective.

Except, then you realize, BILL *IS* a psychopath.

Voorhis, Emhyrs, and Phillipa would never in their wildest dreams imagine Ciri turning down the position of Empress.

I mean, why would she?

Because they can't comprehend Ciri does not crave power, position, and wealth.

They're just not wired that way.

Voorhis, Emhyrs, and Phillipa would never in their wildest dreams imagine Ciri turning down the position of Empress.

I mean, why would she?

Yeah.
Doesn't Voorhis also give Geralt grief for being a mutant at the start of the game? Or did he just deride him for being a Witcher?
Either way, I'm sure that's going to go down wonderfully when Ciri is empress and has to marry him.

Yeah.
Doesn't Voorhis also give Geralt grief for being a mutant at the start of the game? Or did he just deride him for being a Witcher?
Either way, I'm sure that's going to go down wonderfully when Ciri is empress and has to marry him.

Voorhis has also two daughters Ciri's age.

Hell, one who might be a love interest in a Witcher ending or at least Ciri's type of girl.

Personally, I think it'd be cool after her failed Civil War if the Baroness Lavalette became Empress of General Voorhis.

The only problem being that she's a bit past childbearing age--albeit sorceresses can probably deal with that.

Ah, now I get it.

The thing is, I just assumed that was their assumptions about Ciri and the game was making it clear they didn't know her at all. There's a statement about Kill Bill part 2 that Bill gives a lengthy speech about Clark Kent/Superman which makes no damned sense from anyone but a psychopath's perspective.

Except, then you realize, BILL *IS* a psychopath.

I mean, why would she?

True... in the end, Ciri only accepts the position after she talked to her father. While we can only guess what the actual conversation was, I think it's save to assume that Emhyrs didn't bate Ciri with wealth or power, which only leaves one possible motivation: Responsibility. To "her" people and the rest the world. The emperor knows his reign nears it's end, and he knows his empire will most likely not survive without him... if anything could sway Ciri to accept his offer, it would be that.

True... in the end, Ciri only accepts the position after she talked to her father. While we can only guess what the actual conversation was, I think it's save to assume that Emhyrs didn't bate Ciri with wealth or power, which only leaves one possible motivation: Responsibility. To "her" people and the rest the world. The emperor knows his reign nears it's end, and he knows his empire will most likely not survive without him... if anything could sway Ciri to accept his offer, it would be that.

Very true.

It's also possible the Emperor made a carrot and stick sort of situation. "It'd be a terrible shame if I had to kill every tenth person in the North because my daughter wasn't there to rule them fairly."

Top Bottom