What is your favorite ending? [SPOILERS]

• Ciri becomes a witcher.

Votes: 158 71.2%
  • Ciri become Empress.

Votes: 51 23.0%
  • Ciri dies.

Votes: 13 5.9%

• Total voters
I dunno, dude. The richest wealthiest people in the world seem like an odd choice of people to help over the poor, downtrodden, and helpless.

I also think Ciri has done enough for the world.

The Nilfgaard can take responsibility for their own actions.

---------- Updated at 11:21 AM ----------

I'm hoping they'll declare his assassination non-canon and he'll be the villain in Witcher 4: The Search for More Orens.

---------- Updated at 11:22 AM ----------

Video game Geralt is a lot better off than Book Geralt.

You seem to forget that Nilfaard gets new territories in one of the endings, and also that Nilfgaard can expand more.

And really think, really think this through. Ciri and Geralt hunting a monster and seeing Scoiatel killing human children and vice versa, seeing that racism all the way. Then the same villagers they helped with the monsters give them a shity sum if anything and even spur them for being freaks. Wouldn't she get to the conclusion that all of that would not be necessary if she had some say/power?

I don't believe in the "One Great Man of History" theory of societal change so I may not be the best person for this discussion. In general, I view Emrys as someone I don't trust. I don't view Nilfgaard as a force who's expansion is a good thing, benevolent dictatorship or not. I don't view Ciri as someone who will be happy in the role as Empress and I view her as being unable to choose who she loves the most horrifying thing imaginable to reward her with after a lifetime of being abused by the world. I also see the Kings and Queens of the Continent as living miserable, disturbed lives with rare exceptions.

And to be really scary. If given a choice between making the Continent better and making Ciri happy, I'd choose the latter.

Geralt gets to retire in peace, so should she.

I got the best ending that I could possibly think of-Ciri becomes witcher. Can't imagine any different ending :) I gotta say this IS THE BEST RPG i have played in my life. Props to CDPR.

I don't believe in the "One Great Man of History" theory of societal change so I may not be the best person for this discussion. In general, I view Emrys as someone I don't trust. I don't view Nilfgaard as a force who's expansion is a good thing, benevolent dictatorship or not. I don't view Ciri as someone who will be happy in the role as Empress and I view her as being unable to choose who she loves the most horrifying thing imaginable to reward her with after a lifetime of being abused by the world. I also see the Kings and Queens of the Continent as living miserable, disturbed lives with rare exceptions.

And to be really scary. If given a choice between making the Continent better and making Ciri happy, I'd choose the latter.

Geralt gets to retire in peace, so should she.
Ciri could never be happy as a witcher, or really any person with a self conscience or rational thinking, That kind of life is way to brutal (all the witchers we one are miserable or apathetic, only show it differently). And then there are still the issues of the continent which Ciri could try to fix as an Empress but never as a witcher.

I've enjoyed all three endings to this game but IMO the Witcher ending had to be the best. Because it's what Ciri wanted as well as the decisions that lead up to this ending is what Geralt would have done. He has never been over bearing. I enjoyed the empress ending but I feel as if it's not what Ciri would have wanted..although still a good ending. And the third ending was great as well BUT I feel it was trying too hard to be sad. I mean none of the decisions that leads to that ending mirror what Geralt would have done. And Ciri's death wasn't even for sure because it just faded away. But the last part when they let the player imagine his death was brilliant. I just felt it was trying to hard to be sad is all. All good endings but Witcheress one all the way as it seems most fit for an epic ending for a great tale!

Ciri could never be happy as a witcher, or really any person with a self conscience or rational thinking, That kind of life is way to brutal (all the witchers we one are miserable or apathetic, only show it differently). And then there are still the issues of the continent which Ciri could try to fix as an Empress but never as a witcher.

One thing I felt was that if Ciri ever wanted to quit being a witcher, she could easily do it (she doesn't have the mutations). If she wanted to quit being an Empress... well, it might cause a civil war and wreck havoc to the people and maybe even her "family" (Geralt, Yen, Triss, etc)

I love the Witcheress Ending because it goes against what everyone tells Geralt and Ciri. The Crones and other fortunetellers tell Geralt that if he finds her, Ciri will die. Emhyr, Phillipa, Voorhis, and others tell Geralt that if he finds her, she'll be given the throne and he'll never see her again. Ciri herself doesn't believe that she can ever have a normal life, even though its what she wants more than anything. Getting the Witcheress ending lets Geralt and Ciri say "Screw destiny, screw bloodlines, and screw politics", in a way they've never been able to. They've always been at the mercy of external forces, except in the one ending where they get to choose what they want. That's why it's my favorite.

Plus I don't know if Ciri can actually make a difference. She's hot-tempered, impulsive, and is more of a rogue than anything. How is she supposed to become this mistress of politics when it would require changing the very core of her personality? Then there's all the other problems like the Nilfgaardians wanting her to marry a Nilfgaardian. She'd probably be forced to marry Voorhis in order to maintain the support for the reforms she wants. She'd be surronded by harpies like Philipa whom she'd constantly have to be watchful against for treachery. I just don't see that life as one she could ever find happiness or even succes in.

I do think that talk with Ciri at the camp should've played a role in getting the Empress or Witcher endings. If you tell her she's destined for greatness, that should push her towards the Empress ending. If you tell her that she can be normal, that should push her towards Witcher ending.

I hope they canonize Nilfgaard winning and Witcher Ciri and we get to play as her in the future. Have her go to Zerrikania or Hakland to escape her father's spies. Since they reset Geralt every game, they can nerf Ciri and handwave it away as containing the White Frost as draining her abilities.

Last edited:
Another thing Ciri being Empress, I don't see why is that so dark and bad. I mean I don't see why Geralt wouldn't be able to visit her from time to time. In fact I was really confused why would Ciri "look for him". I know an Empress is busy, but surely she could have a day or two per year to meet with Geralt and Yennefer.

Another thing Ciri being Empress, I don't see why is that so dark and bad. I mean I don't see why Geralt wouldn't be able to visit her from time to time. In fact I was really confused why would Ciri "look for him". I know an Empress is busy, but surely she could have a day or two per year to meet with Geralt and Yennefer.
She can teleport so it's not like distance is a problem. It's just that she's going to a place full of people who are pretty much her opposites in every way. I mean look at who is angling to be her advisor: Phillipa freaking Eilheart, someone who's shown to be amoral and power hungry. Ciri can obviously stand up for herself but does she have the patience to deal with that crap for years on end? When she hates pretty much everything about being a royal? When she'd be pressured into a political marriage for the support she needs for her reforms? I doubt any husband that gets picked will be as progressive as her. Not to mention she's fighting against a repressive system that nobody in Nilgaard is going to want to see dismantled. Honestly after about a year maybe two I see her just saying "screw it" and leaving or leaving because the Trade Alliances try to depose her.

I don't think that the Lord Of Time and Space, the Elder Blood will be handled like your average Nilfgaard emperor, who is already a figure with extreme authority.

I got that ending where Ciri dies, I really hope that they have a story with Ciri after the second and before the third. see all the worlds she went to etc. Is there any chance to a 4th though?

thankfully on my first playthrough i got the best ending. Ciri becomes a witcheress and Geralt continues on his witcher path.

I got, and enjoyed, the Ciri as Empress ending.
Considering how messed up the world is, I think it'd be good to have someone decisive, yet possessed of a conscience, on the throne of the Nilfgaardian empire.
It's not exactly a 'happy' ending, but I think it works w/ Ciri's whole being destined for great things bit.

I don't think that the Lord Of Time and Space, the Elder Blood will be handled like your average Nilfgaard emperor, who is already a figure with extreme authority.

Isn't that Ciri's whole thing though? Her children are destined to rule the world, according to the prophecies.

Last edited:
First play through. Ciri becomes a Witcher. Geralt alone. Cerys queen. Temaria free. Emporer hangs his subjects. The Emporer is a dick. I kept Ciri as far away from that prick as possible. Second play through I'll stick with Triss. I didn't like Yen's dealings in act 3. Yen is a bitch.

---------- Updated at 06:36 AM ----------

thankfully on my first playthrough i got the best ending. Ciri becomes a witcheress and Geralt continues on his witcher path.

That's what I got:)

---------- Updated at 06:38 AM ----------

Isn't that Ciri's whole thing though? Her children are destined to rule the world, according to the prophecies.

Ya, but... If you remember in part of the main quest when she is at the circus guys her deepest wishes are to roam free:)

---------- Updated at 06:41 AM ----------

I disagree. In the main quest she was happiest with Geralt.

on My first playthrough, Ciri died and Geralt is in despair. I actually don't hate it but there are some mind boggling things that need to address if player finished with this ending. for examples:
1. what about Yen or Triss romances? no further involvement or storyline for this ending . . .
2. what about Emyhr POV about Geralt failing on his mission to bring Ciri to his side? no way that Emyhr just gonna let it slide, so do with the "Witcheress" ending
3. no basic funeral scene or quest after the ending? really . . .
4. the decisions that makes this ending are not convincing enough for me. it's seems to me that the decisions are made only to please Ciri not helping her full potential power.
5. no option to kill or not kill Eredin and Avallach after all of those lies? supposedly Avallach is a prick and arrogance in the books, but somehow in the game he is like a sage in the redemption mission and somehow Ciri is blindly trust him just because he was saving her one or two times . . .
6. Is Ciri truly died? (it's not truly a bad ending if you think about it)

Anyway on my second playthrough, I choose the Witcheress ending, the ending that have the most fitting end with Ciri and Geralt destiny.

I don't think ciri dies in the sad ending.

I do, however, think that Geralt dies.

My brain retconn'ed the ending a bit. In my head, the witcher ending happens, but emyr does not win the north. geralt and yen go off to do whatever the game says, ciri visits (because she can simply teleport) and eventually, Ciri has a child with someone, and the child grows up with Ciri and grandpa geralt's ideals and fulfills the prophecy.

But of course, Andrej would ansolutely hate my ending. TW is a grey, tragic tale, not a happy one like in my head.
But.. what can I say. I like happy tales, not tragic ones, and my brain rules every story I hear.

Last edited:
Got the worst possible ending the first playthrue, Ciri died and Radovid won the war, i was really depressed after that so i started another game next day... t_t

I am unsure thou if Ciri comes back in the end, did she still save everyone from white frost? Considering everything is all snowy and wintery in White Ochard if she lives and when she dies the everything is spring-summer oriented?

Got the worst possible ending the first playthrue, Ciri died and Radovid won the war, i was really depressed after that so i started another game next day... t_t

I am unsure thou if Ciri comes back in the end, did she still save everyone from white frost? Considering everything is all snowy and wintery in White Ochard if she lives and when she dies the everything is spring-summer oriented?

In the bad ending it seems that she had to sacrifice herself (or is stuck there, it's unknown) to stop the white frost because she strongly doubted herself when confronting it. While in the other two endings she survived because she believed in herself thanks to Geralt and came back out.

And it's only snowing in the Empress ending where she defeated it right? I had the witcheress ending and it didn't snow, also in the bad ending it doesn't snow. So it seems that the weather has nothing to do with the ending you get.

I have a question concerning the Witcheress Ending... why did geralt give Ciri a new Zirael sword? What happened to her old one? Or was it a symbolic meaning, because the former one was given to her by a man full of hatred who despised her and now, she receives a sword from her loving witcher dad?

Top Bottom