What is your favorite ending? [SPOILERS]

• Ciri becomes a witcher.

Votes: 158 71.2%
  • Ciri become Empress.

Votes: 51 23.0%
  • Ciri dies.

Votes: 13 5.9%

• Total voters
If you choose that option that's you manipulating Ciri.
Hence "I (THINK) Emhyr will try and maniplulate you."
When I let her talk to the emperor she said straight up rejected the offer and she wanted to leave straight up.
But thanks to those months it gave Ciri more months to THINK WHAT SHE REALLY WANTED.
Plus the ending where she chooses to be a witcher was the event two weeks after the defeat of the wild hunt.
May I remind you that the empress ending was MONTHS and she was a witcher with Geralt for all those MONTHS and got to do her own thinking and was straight up OH MAYBE I CAN BE AN EMPRESS NOW YE.
Video she rejects emperor first.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvZe8SoHWtA
Full empress ending with Yeneffer, Ciri, Dandelion and Zoltan. (Check out where it says Months Later)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMRuDevALnw

What I don't get with the Witcheress ending... Emhyr gotta know (or some day find out) that Ciri is still alive. He's too powerful and well informed for not know at some point. Still, he takes Geralt's word that she is dead and throws him out.

What do you think? He knows and acceppts that Ciri doesn't want to see him/have anything to do with him, or does he buy the lie and never bothers to check in the years to come?

I suspect that Emhyr definitely believes she's dead but in half of those endings he'll be assassinated soon. In the other endings, Ciri will be ready.

Presumably, she'll deal with his agents then.

---------- Updated at 12:09 PM ----------

If you choose that option that's you manipulating Ciri.
Hence "I (THINK) Emhyr will try and maniplulate you."
When I let her talk to the emperor she said straight up rejected the offer and she wanted to leave straight up.
But thanks to those months it gave Ciri more months to THINK WHAT SHE REALLY WANTED.
Plus the ending where she chooses to be a witcher was the event two weeks after the defeat of the wild hunt.
May I remind you that the empress ending was MONTHS and she was a witcher with Geralt for all those MONTHS and got to do her own thinking and was straight up OH MAYBE I CAN BE AN EMPRESS NOW YE.
Video she rejects emperor first.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvZe8SoHWtA
Full empress ending with Yeneffer, Ciri, Dandelion and Zoltan. (Check out where it says Months Later)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMRuDevALnw

That is very insulting to those who chose the Witcheress ending and frankly treats Ciri like an infantiie child. If you take her to see Emhyr, it's with the TACIT endorsement of Geralt.

Which is manipulating Ciri by your logic.

Last edited:
Yes I believe the people who chose the witcheress ending pretty much treated Ciri like an infatiee child due to the fact that they deprived her of making her own decision and thinking.
You could also say that's manipulating Ciri with the TACIT endorsement of Geralt of not giving her the option of what she really wants. ;)

Yes I believe the people who chose the witcheress ending pretty much treated Ciri like an infatiee child due to the fact that they deprived her of making her own decision and thinking.
You could also say that's manipulating Ciri with the TACIT endorsement of Geralt of not giving her the option of what she really wants. ;)

Believe what you want dude.

Sorry, but that just not in line with Ciri's personality... especially when taking into account the books. What she really want's is, first and foremost, to be normal... to go her own way. That's what the Witcheress ending is: Her choosing her own way. She might stay with Geralt at first, but in the end, she sets out alone to make her mark on the world.

Also: Over the course of the game, she starts to accept that she has a greater destiny. Not only that she has the power to save the world, but also the obligation to do so. She doesn't do it for herself, she does it for Geralt and all the other people she loves. So, if you take her to Emhyr and he is allowed to talk to her, her perspective shifts... he offers her a way to carry on her destiny on a larger scale. If she never meets him, she never get's that option, so she continues to "save the world" as a Witcher.

I do maintain there is tragedy in the Witcheress ending.

I call it THE LAST OF US ending where Geralt has a choice of making Ciri sacrifice herself for the world (Empress ending) and give up her life and happiness just like Joel is being presented with the option of letting Ellie be dissected by the scientists. Ellie, unlike Ciri, is dead set on this sacrifice because she thinks it's for the greater good.

Joel, however, doesn't intend to let that happen no matter what.

Screw the world.

Geralt can be, thus, a less decent father than Joel. But the Witcheress ending is, "BURN THE WORLD" for Ciri and my Geralt would.

Books =/= Game
AND THAT IS WHAT I'M SAYING.
In the Empress ending she continues to Save the books as a Witcher THEN an Empress AS HER DECISION, HER OWN WAY . This is because Geralt gave her the option to do so. Not just "I'm gonna deprived you the option of meeting your father so I can deprive of the option of being an empress if you choose to do so okay?"
Gosh it's like you people have never seen the full ending for the Empress.

Books =/= Game
AND THAT IS WHAT I'M SAYING.
In the Empress ending she continues to Save the books as a Witcher THEN an Empress AS HER DECISION, HER OWN WAY . This is because Geralt gave her the option to do so. Not just "I'm gonna deprived you the option of meeting your father so I can deprive of the option of being an empress if you choose to do so okay?"
Gosh it's like you people have never seen the full ending for the Empress.

I respect that but you don't respect the fact Ciri can also choose to be a Witcher OF HER OWN FREE WILL. That is the argument and you're insistance that the Empress ending is somehow truer just does ring true to me or a lot of other posters.

Why is it not possible to believe Ciri might choose to be a Witcher over empress?

Ciri dies: If there's never going to be another Witcher game again (at least not one with Geralt/Ciri) this is a great tragic ending, but of course we don't want that.

Ciri Witcher: this is clearly the "best" ending, in fact it's such a happy and perfect ending for Ciri and Geralt that it's almost out of place for the otherwise pretty dark Witcher universe. This is also a pretty easy pick for what's most likely going to be canon in the next Witcher game.

Ciri goes to Nilfgaard: As it is right now this is easily the worst ending. It doesn't make any sense (especially to book readers), there are tons of unanswered questions left and it's the only ending that doesn't really feel like an ending because we don't actually get to see what's going to happen in Ciris life.
However if (and only if) they decide to expand on this ending in the future, give us some answers and let us take a look at Ciris life in Nilfgaard this might still turn out to be really interesting. So I haven't completely given up on it yet.

Since getting either the Empress or the Witcheress ending depends entirely on whether or not you go and meet Emhyr with Ciri I'd like to chime in and say, that, in my opinion, meeting Emhyr is the more adult way of dealing with Ciri's fate. It offers her an additional option and more information based on which she can still choose whatever the hell she wants. Denying her this meeting deprives her of perspective. The player imposes Geralt's prejudice against Emhyr on her in that situation.

It boils down to whether Emhyr or Geralt manipulate her into a decision. Choosing to not meet Emhyr is, in my book, incredibly selfish of Geralt. I can see why people would go that route, however. Maybe I would've done so, too, if I had read the books - I really mean to once I find the time for it.

Because in the Empress ending she was a witcher for SEVERAL MONTHS with Geralt after the wild hunt. And THEN SHE CHOSE TO BE EMPRESS.
Like dang man, watch the full ending. This is repetitive.

---------- Updated at 12:52 PM ----------

Since getting either the Empress or the Witcheress ending depends entirely on whether or not you go and meet Emhyr with Ciri I'd like to chime in and say, that, in my opinion, meeting Emhyr is the more adult way of dealing with Ciri's fate. It offers her an additional option and more information based on which she can still choose whatever the hell she wants. Denying her this meeting deprives her of perspective. The player imposes Geralt's prejudice against Emhyr on her in that situation.

It boils down to whether Emhyr or Geralt manipulate her into a decision. Choosing to not meet Emhyr is, in my book, incredibly selfish of Geralt. I can see why people would go that route, however. Maybe I would've done so, too, if I had read the books - I really mean to once I find the time for it.
THANK YOU

If nothing else, I'm trying for the Empress ending in my second play through because you get to see Zoltan, Dandelion and Yen/Triss one last time. Unfortunately you don't get that in the Witcher ending. Also, it has that piggyback scene!

In my opinion, I just don't think it's realistic for Geralt to take Ciri to meet Emhyr. It's irresponsible if you don't have a completely Pro-Nilfgaard, Pro-Emhyr view of the character. If your character IS Pro-Nilfgaard and Pro-Emhyr it makes perfect sense but if you think of Emhyr as a conquering warlord then that is ridiculous. It's not like Emhyr is alcoholic father who left her family when she she was young.

Emhyr is a warlord who has conquered half of the world and is currently working on the other half.

This is not about taking Ciri to see her dad the deadbeat, this is about taking Ciri to see her dad, VLAD DRACUL.

So saying it's not an "adult' thing is attempting to treat this like a custody battle versus embracing the realism of the setting that this is actually about a woman meeting her KING of a father.

There's no option, however, to take Ciri past the mass graves and hanged man trees on the way to Vizima.

Last edited:
If nothing else, I'm trying for the Empress ending in my second play through because you get to see Zoltan, Dandelion and Yen/Triss one last time. Unfortunately you don't get that in the Witcher ending. Also, it has that piggyback scene!
And don't forget that it's SEVERAL MONTHS after the defeat of the Wild Hunt" whereas the witcher ending was on "TWO WEEKS LATER"
Keep that in mind.

And don't forget that it's SEVERAL MONTHS after the defeat of the Wild Hunt" whereas the witcher ending was on "TWO WEEKS LATER"
Keep that in mind.

I, honestly, find that irrelevant as a few months with your family before never seeing them again is a small consolation prize.

It strikes me as odd that a lot of people consider Ciri becoming Empress as what she wants. Ciri was guilt tripped by the emperor to the max into sacrificing her own freedom and beliefs, because that was his agenda, reasons of state. Also, what impact would Ciri ultimately have on the world, really? Sure, she might do great as long as she is empress, but eventually, someone else will succeed her, and the cycle will begin anew. No empire has ever maintained conquered kingdoms so far from their power base, no matter how good a particular leader is, so the North will splinter within decades at most from the Empire even if it wins the war.

We know from the books that a Haak (mongol/Hunnic) invasion will happen in the not too distant future, and a War of the Unicorns is also mentioned, so no period of great peace and prosperity. Maybe I see things this way as a reader of history, but in the grand scheme of things, Ciri as an Empress is just a short blip of prosperity before things go back to normal. So instead she should live her life as she likes. And as to the prophecy, you don't have to force it happen, it's a prophecy, who knows, she might have a son while on the Path as a Witcheress, and that kid will take control of the empire at some point.

I, honestly, find that irrelevant as a few months with your family before never seeing them again is a small consolation prize.
See again this is where you are mistaken LIKE I SAID BEFORE and IF YOU WATCHED IT FULL.
Ciri tells Geralt that "This doesn't have to be goodbye." And Geralt is given the option to say Of course not in which he will THEN SAY "You know where to Find me." AND THATS WHEN he lives a happy life with Yennefer.
Seriously, if you are going to argue with me go watch the full video because you are really clueless on your arguments.:facepalm:

Also: It might be the more "adult" and responsible thing to do for the player, but not for Geralt... he doesn't believe that Emhyr can be a good thing in CIri's live. He thinks he want's to "have her back" out of purely selfish reasons. Geralt doesn't care about the world, or Nilfgaard, he cares about Ciri.

I see it as "Cake and Eat It Too" syndrome.

I think the game does a great job of setting up the dichotomy.

"Ciri's Happiness versus the Happiness of the World."

And people are like, "No, actually, Ciri is totally happy as Empress!"

I admit, the Witcheress ending is one where a lot of people want to think it's a good thing for the world too but it's not AS GOOD.

So for me, it's a choice. "Does Geralt choose the world or his daughter?"

Simple.

---------- Updated at 01:06 PM ----------

See again this is where you are mistaken LIKE I SAID BEFORE and IF YOU WATCHED IT FULL.
Ciri tells Geralt that "This doesn't have to be goodbye." And Geralt is given the option to say Of course not in which he will THEN SAY "You know where to Find me." AND THATS WHEN he lives a happy life with Yennefer.
Seriously, if you are going to argue with me go watch the full video because you are really clueless on your arguments.:facepalm:

Feels kind of terrible when people ignore facts for their own preconceptions.

:hai:

JK.

Yeah, it's possible they might meet again.

Top Bottom