What is your favorite ending? [SPOILERS]

• Ciri becomes a witcher.

Votes: 158 71.2%
  • Ciri become Empress.

Votes: 51 23.0%
  • Ciri dies.

Votes: 13 5.9%

• Total voters
In my opinion, I just don't think it's realistic for Geralt to take Ciri to meet Emhyr.

I thought that letting them meet one last time might be fine, so Ciri can tell him "leave me alone and go **** yourself".
Which is pretty much what she does - at first.

I never expected that she would actually join him in the end, it just makes no sense.

I thought that letting them meet one last time might be fine, so Ciri can tell him "leave me alone and go **** yourself".
Which is pretty much what she does - at first.

I never expected that she would actually join him in the end, it just makes no sense.

I maintain there's a kind of, "Shame if someone murdered all those Northmen after I retired" sort of subtext.

I see it as "Cake and Eat It Too" syndrome.

I think the game does a great job of setting up the dichotomy.

"Ciri's Happiness versus the Happiness of the World."

And people are like, "No, actually, Ciri is totally happy as Empress!"

I admit, the Witcheress ending is one where a lot of people want to think it's a good thing for the world too but it's not AS GOOD.

So for me, it's a choice. "Does Geralt choose the world or his daughter?"

Simple.

---------- Updated at 01:06 PM ----------

Feels kind of terrible when people ignore facts for their own preconceptions.

:hai:

JK.

Yeah, it's possible they might meet again.
:facepalm::facepalm:

I admit, I metagamed a bit.

There's no way Geralt would leave Roche and Ves to die.

But it was the ending to make sure Radovid and Emhyr both died.

Which makes me feel mad becuse I felt I had go OOC to get the ending I wanted. If the choice wouldn't be in character, WHY PUT IT IN?

Yeesh.

I, honestly, find that irrelevant as a few months with your family before never seeing them again is a small consolation prize.

Do you really think that the lady of time and space will never ever get the opportunity to meet her family again? Her abilities are what make me deem the entire "We don't have to say goodbye!" - "Yes, we do."/"Of course not" exchange ridiculous.

Last edited:
Do you really think that the lady of time and space will never ever get the oppotunity to meet her family again? Her abilities are what make me deem the entire "We don't have to say goodbye!" - "Yes, we do."/"Of course not" exchange ridiculous.
I already told him that. Just give up, they will choose whatever they decide. They will also fail to see that after the whole cut scene is when Dandelion will make his one last narration of Geralt living a boring life with Yennefer, Ciri ruling, Cerys ruling skellige blah blah blah.

In my headcannon, even with the Empress ending:

Ciri rides off, thinking deeply to herself and fighting back the tears. She then comes to a realisation. Exclaiming "screw it!" she turns her horse right around before anyone else can even react.

Throwing her arms around a surprised Geralt (who at the time was still walking away from the site of their goodbye). She then says, "actually, I know a Witcher who's done far more for the world than any Emperor" The End. :) (Yes I know it doesn't make much sense :p)

Last edited:
Do you really think that the lady of time and space will never ever get the oppotunity to meet her family again? Her abilities are what make me deem the entire "We don't have to say goodbye!" - "Yes, we do."/"Of course not" exchange ridiculous.

For me, I think it's not an issue of Ciri being able to visit her family but she's sacrificing her personal happiness to never see her family again. Because this is not what she wants and what she will do for the rest of her life is devote herself to Nilfgaard.

And they will not welcome Geralt or Yennefer or will use them against her.

Do you really think that the lady of time and space will never ever get the opportunity to meet her family again? Her abilities are what make me deem the entire "We don't have to say goodbye!" - "Yes, we do."/"Of course not" exchange ridiculous.

Despite what they say if you pick the "Of course not" option everything about the ending, what she says,how she reacts, her crying, even giving away her sword literally screams that this is "it". That they might not see each other again, they're definitely not going to be a family again. Either because she doesn't want to or because she won't be allowed to.
It really wasn't the "imma teleport over for breakfast and snowball fights" kind of ending.

Despite what they say if you pick the "Of course not" option everything about the ending, what she says,how she reacts, her crying, even giving away her sword literally screams that this is "it". That they might not see each other again, they're definitely not going to be a family again. Either because she doesn't want to or because she won't be allowed to.
It really wasn't the "imma teleport over for breakfast and snowball fights" kind of ending.

Again, it's a shift from freedom to obligation... she accepts that she is destined to be something greater, so she feels she has to break ties with everything in her old life. She gives up personal freedom and happiness for a path of power and responsibility. It doesn't matter what Geralt says in this situation, they both know she's already gone for good...

Last edited:
... she accepts that she is destined to be something greater, so she feels she has to break ties with everything in her old life. She gives up personal freedom and happiness for a path of power and responsibility. It doesn't matter what Geralt says in this situation, they both know she's already gone for good...

I guess that's what they were trying to go for but looking back at Ciris life so far and remembering who Emhyr actually is, what he did and what he stands for it's still completely unbelievable that she would try to follow in his footsteps or even trust him at all.

I just finished this evening and I got the Witcher Ending. I am glad Ciri and Geralt got to meet one last time. Was a great story and really enjoyed the game.

Now, I'm just left in a world all alone with no main characters, finishing some "?" points. Sort of sad now.

In my opinion, I just don't think it's realistic for Geralt to take Ciri to meet Emhyr. It's irresponsible if you don't have a completely Pro-Nilfgaard, Pro-Emhyr view of the character. If your character IS Pro-Nilfgaard and Pro-Emhyr it makes perfect sense but if you think of Emhyr as a conquering warlord then that is ridiculous. It's not like Emhyr is alcoholic father who left her family when she she was young.

Emhyr is a warlord who has conquered half of the world and is currently working on the other half.

This is not about taking Ciri to see her dad the deadbeat, this is about taking Ciri to see her dad, VLAD DRACUL.

So saying it's not an "adult' thing is attempting to treat this like a custody battle versus embracing the realism of the setting that this is actually about a woman meeting her KING of a father.

There's no option, however, to take Ciri past the mass graves and hanged man trees on the way to Vizima.

Emhyr buddy is way worse..... responsible for ciri's mother death (and for her entire maternal family side)...wanted to marry his daughter to poach Cintra...initiated not 1 but 3 wars against the north...he was also partly responsible for the destruction of the conclave i think.
Actually i'm surprised geralt didn't shove a live grapeshot in his mouth the moment he saw him again....I guess 90 years of slaying either definitively killed his idealism or teached him ungodly restraint...

Ciri dies's ending was definitively the emotional highpoint of my playthrough. It was the ending that made the story an epic.

Last edited:
WITCHER ENDING WAS AMAZING! Im really happy that I got it on my first playtrough. Happy for Yen/Geralt/Ciri - However it's also absolutely horrible ending for non humans... Which is why I don't consider it as a "good" ending.

BUT... Does Emhyr really have to die in this ending?

WITCHER ENDING WAS AMAZING! Im really happy that I got it on my first playtrough. Happy for Yen/Geralt/Ciri - However it's also absolutely horrible ending for non humans... Which is why I don't consider it as a "good" ending.

BUT... Does Emhyr really have to die in this ending?

Radovid doesn't have to win in a Witcher Ciri ending.

Nilfgaard and Dijkstra can both win.

Radovid doesn't have to win in a Witcher Ciri ending.

Nilfgaard and Dijkstra can both win.
Wow Really?! That would be my perfect ending then. How do I achieve Witcher ending but with Nilfgaard winning the war? Do I have to kill Radovid ( I stayed neutral like I think a true witcher would do ) - but if I kill him I thought that would lead to Empress ending?

Wow Really?! That would be my perfect ending then. How do I achieve Witcher ending but with Nilfgaard winning the war? Do I have to kill Radovid ( I stayed neutral like I think a true witcher would do ) - but if I kill him I thought that would lead to Empress ending?

Kill Radovid for personal reasons (because he's threatening Triss and Yennefer *AND* Ciri since she has magic too) and then kill Dijkstra or let Dijstra kill Roche and Thaler.

If you kill Radovid and kill Dijkstra then Nilfgaard wins the War.

Just don't bring Ciri to see Emhyr and he can't convince her to become Empress.

If you let Dijkstra kill Roche to prevent Roche's surrender of Temeria to Nilfgaard (which he plans to do behind Geralt's back by manipulating him into assassinating Radovid as part of this covert deal with Emhyr--explaining why Geralt might let Dijkstra kill Roche) then Dijkstra takes over Redania and reforms it into an economically prosperous racially equal Empire....with himself as dictator.

He beats Nilfgaard in the enusing war just like Radovid would

Last edited:
Kill Radovid for personal reasons (because he's threatening Triss and Yennefer *AND* Ciri since she has magic too) and then kill Dijkstra or let Dijstra kill Roche and Thaler.

If you kill Radovid and kill Dijkstra then Nilfgaard wins the War.

Just don't bring Ciri to see Emhyr and he can't convince her to become Empress.

If you let Dijkstra kill Roche to prevent Roche's surrender of Temeria to Nilfgaard (which he plans to do behind Geralt's back by manipulating him into assassinating Radovid as part of this covert deal with Emhyr--explaining why Geralt might let Dijkstra kill Roche) then Dijkstra takes over Redania and reforms it into an economically prosperous racially equal Empire....with himself as dictator.

He beats Nilfgaard in the enusing war just like Radovid would
@Willowhugger thank you so much for taking your time. This was really helpful for me and also cleared some confusions!

---------- Updated at 09:36 PM ----------

In my headcannon, even with the Empress ending:

Ciri rides off, thinking deeply to herself and fighting back the tears. She then comes to a realisation. Exclaiming "screw it!" she turns her horse right around before anyone else can even react.

Throwing her arms around a surprised Geralt (who at the time was still walking away from the site of their goodbye). She then says, "actually, I know a Witcher who's done far more for the world than any Emperor" The End. :) (Yes I know it doesn't make much sense :p)
Love it! :)

Last edited:
I've got my ending recently, surprised me that Ciri's was alive after all, cried even because I've thought she died, learned then she's not and that she followed witcher's path... Ended up with Triss, was glad to know North is OK under damn black ones... But, I've was looking then other (YT) endings, and I realised North couldn't be free without Djikstra, was really sorry of that, knowing for my next play I couldn't achieve free North, and I wouldn't betray Roche after he risked his (and Ves's) neck for me... But, just one of reasons which makes this game so real, and real life like...

Guest 3847602

I think the Empress ending has got the better execution, but I just can't bring myself to help Nilfgaard winning the war or pressure Ciri to see her degenerate biological dad, so that leaves me with the Witcheress for all time. It's also far more lore-friendly of the two.
"Ciri dies" was OK until BaW came out and made it impossible for me to take this ending seriously any longer.

Top Bottom