What is your mod wishlist?

+
-Completed transit system and get rid of fast travel so we're not tempted to use it
-Autobody shops to customize vehicles in addition to garages to store them
-Barber shops to change hairstyles and color
-Ability to try clothing on before buying
-Significantly more vendors added. I want the markets lined with endless rows of usable vendors.
-I want virtually every door to work and have something behind it, even if it's just a broom closet. They could hide loot in some.
-If I order a food or drink in the bar or restaurant I want to see an animation being served, not just menus. Let me press the button to eat it or put in inventory.

We need to wait for RedKit – which I hope we'll get, one of these days. And I'm hoping that RedKit will give me a way of opening a socket to a helper program.

The mod I want to build is generic speech – so that the NPCs you meet in the street have actual conversation. The voices will have to be done with text-to-speech technology, and if it's going to be a free mod (which it will have to be) I can't use Lyrebird voices. But I hope I can make it not too uncanny-valley.

Basically, an NPC needs to be able to answer questions about
  1. The weather;
  2. Local streets, vendors, places of interest (particularly how to get to these);
  3. Local crime situation/gangs/areas of particular danger;
  4. Recent events in the game world (much the same as you get on current TV news);
Some NPCs should additionally be able to talk about aspects of game lore – for example, old folk may remember the events of 2020, and so on.

I don't know, at this stage, how Cyberpunk is modelling faction hostility – I know that gangs are supposed to be more or less hostile to you depending on how you've interacted with them in the past, but how this works and even whether it actually works I don't yet know. But if faction hostility is modelled then whether an NPC is willing to answer your questions has got to vary with faction hostility.

Obviously stage one of this is to throw you up a menu of questions you can ask, or things you can say, you pick one, the NPC responds to it.

But stage two, which is what I really want to get to, is, you just talk into a microphone and the NPC you are looking at talks back.

The pipeline goes like this:
  1. speech to text;
  2. decision whether to co-operate bases on faction hostility;
  3. rough parser engine to derive quey – more on this below;
  4. query database of game knowledge;
  5. filter results based on what this NPC should be expected to know;
  6. generate text using an appropriate dialect phrasebook for the NPC;
  7. text to speech, ideally (but obviously not in a free mod) using a lyrebird voice based on the voice of the voice actor who speaks anything this NPC currently speaks.
So the key to this is being able to parse what the player says into something the NPC can respond to. Obviously, there are going to be things that you can't parse, and you have to have a library of bits of canned text to deal with that. But I used to write opportunistic parsers for text adventure games, thirty-mumble years ago, and by the time text adventure games were going out of fashion we'd got quite good at that. The parser doesn't have to even nearly have a full understanding of the player's language to be able to parse things like "how do I get to Jig Jig Street?", or "where can I get shotgun shells round here?". Add some simple modelling of greeting protocols and you've got something which might create a much more immersive city.

The other end of it is that a Voodoo Boy doesn't talk like and Aldecaldo and a corpo doesn't talk like a streetkid, so you have to parse whatever you get back from the database into a semantic structure and then turn that semantic structure back into text using what I'm calling a dialect phrasebook, which is essentially a library of sentence templates in the dialect of the particular NPC. You probably need a dozen of these phrasebooks to give a reasonable variety to NPC responses.

This all may seem like a mad idea, and it is. I think I can build it (provided I can call out from RedKit's scripting to a helper program of my own); but until I've built it in the context of a large open world game like Cyberpunk, I won't really know whether it will be fun to play with.
Is the Redkit different from the Wolvenkit that is being developed?
Post automatically merged:

D'jinni, the editing tool for Witcher 1 which came free with the Enhanced Edition, was really easy to use. I used it to build a complete new module for the game with about five hours game-play. Scripting was easy; the cutscene tool was a bit fiddly but with patience I was able to create reasonable cutscenes; all in all, a pretty good experience.

CD Projekt also released RedKit, the editing tool for RedEngine, for Witcher 2. But the released version hasn't been updated since 2012. RedEngine and RedKit are still what Cyberpunk is written in, but it's a lot more sophisticated now and I don't believe that the 2012 release will work with Cyberpunk. I'm hoping that we'll get a new release of RedKit soon.

Creating a significant story mod is a lot of work – we had a team of two, myself and a friend, working on it for about eight months on a sort of most evenings basis; the music team also put in a heck of a lot of work; and half a dozen other people were on the team for parts of the process. But it was great fun, and I really hope we get the opportunity to build a modding community around this game.
The Wolvenkit is being made as an open source modding tool for Cyberpunk.

Is the Redkit different from the Wolvenkit that is being developed?
Post automatically merged:

The Wolvenkit is being made as an open source modding tool for Cyberpunk.

RedKit is that CD Projekt use in-house to develop the game. A version of it was released a year after Withcher II came out, and that appears to be the basis on which WolvenKit is being built. It looks an interesting project: I'll check out the source code later today, and poke around.

RedKit is that CD Projekt use in-house to develop the game. A version of it was released a year after Withcher II came out, and that appears to be the basis on which WolvenKit is being built. It looks an interesting project: I'll check out the source code later today, and poke around.
Yeah, but as long as the Wolvenkit lets us make high quality mods, does it matter that it isn't a new official Redkit? From what I've seen they're going for something a little better then Bethesda's creation kit.

Yeah, but as long as the Wolvenkit lets us make high quality mods, does it matter that it isn't a new official Redkit? From what I've seen they're going for something a little better then Bethesda's creation kit.
If it does, and if there are no legal problems with using it, then no, it doesn't matter. I'll check it out and have a play.

If it does, and if there are no legal problems with using it, then no, it doesn't matter. I'll check it out and have a play.
Shouldn't have any legal problems as an older version for the Witcher 3 exist. Plus CDPR knows about it. If you have programming skills or art skills we are always looking for people. I'm art side so I'm programming stupid.

A Steering Wheel mod like Manual Transmission for GTA V allowing use of gaming wheels once in a vehicle would be my #1 request...

I need this mod
photomode_29012021_220817.png

Shouldn't have any legal problems as an older version for the Witcher 3 exist. Plus CDPR knows about it. If you have programming skills or art skills we are always looking for people. I'm art side so I'm programming stupid.
I have 35 years of software engineering behind me, although I'm retired now and don't do much. I'll certainly have a look.

I would like a mod that does three things.
1. Makes "Assault in Progress" and street gangsters respawn.
2. Ups the difficulty.
3. Reduces experience.

The goal is to give higher-level characters something challenging to do.

#1, if CD Projekt Red doesn't fix this, a mod that fixes how fixer side job and open-world content is presented.

Fixer side jobs and NCPD scanner hustles shouldn't appear or persist on the map unbidden, and fixers shouldn't have trackers on V, so that they can call V immediately when they near content.

Upon entering a neighborhood, the local fixer should invite V for a personal meet to size them up, and encourage them to call if they're in the area and looking for work. Thereafter, the player can call the fixer to ask if there are any available jobs or vehicles, and if there are, the fixer will reply with the nearest job/vehicle in their area to the player's current location that the player hasn't learned of yet. Perhaps some side jobs could be made urgent, and disappear if the player doesn't respond to them quickly. All of this would require at most 10 new lines of fixer dialogue, which could of course add to fixer personality. At present, its possible for players to 100% and only meet one fixer.

Assaults in progress shouldn't persist on the map for weeks. For NCPD scanner hustles, they should appear on the map when the player nears them, but disappear quickly (I suggest 1 hour of in-game time, 8 minutes of IRL time). The player can engage with them then and there, but they don't advertise themselves for weeks of in-game time.

These two simple suggestions would go a long way to making open-world content far more immersive, and fixer phone calls far less intrusive.

-Completed transit system and get rid of fast travel so we're not tempted to use it

While I'd really like this, a lot of users would complain. I think it would be better to have a configuration toggle for whether fast travel points are available or not.

-Significantly more vendors added. I want the markets lined with endless rows of usable vendors.
-I want virtually every door to work and have something behind it, even if it's just a broom closet. They could hide loot in some.
-If I order a food or drink in the bar or restaurant I want to see an animation being served, not just menus. Let me press the button to eat it or put in inventory.

All of those are a HUGE amount of work. It would also result in a game which probably wouldn't fit on most users machines. The implication of a city the size of Night City is that there are several million homes, each with about five rooms. Pluse offices, workshops, warehouses, et cetera. So you're in the order of one hundred million doors, leading to one hundred million rooms, each of which really ought to be unique. It is - I know from experience on mods = on average about half an hour's work to pick and position assets to furnish a single room. So you're talking 50 million man hours, and that's not going to happen; or else, some form of automagic system for furnishing rooms, and that's quite a lot of development time.

Furthermore, if you 'bake' the content of 100 million rooms each with on average about twenty assets, you're looking at two billion asset location records, each of which has three coordinates, three rotations, and one object index, so at minimum about 56 bytes per record or about 100 gigabytes in addition to the current size of the game. And no, you can't compress that, it's a database to which you need fast access.

The alternative that would work repeatedly is procedural generation, using the coordinates of the door as the random seed. That would require much less disk space but would impose more processor load. Furthermore, procedural generation which would generate believable rooms is also a huge amount of work.

Yes, we all want realistic, fully populated and explorable cities in games. And it isn't theoretically impossible. It will happen, in the end - Frontier can, after all, generates billions of planets, all different, in a single game. But the cost would inevitably be very high indeed.

I still haven't compiled a list, but for now I will say that "This game needs an overhaul." Assuming the overhaul happens, what should the game be called then? Cyberpunk 2077 v2.0? Except, it won't be a sequel.

"WHAT IS YOUR MOD WISHLIST?"

Would really like to fly in this game. Can't keep my mind of thinking of a mod that lets the Basilisk, which is already floating, use the swim mechanic to ascend and descend with the same buttons you use when swimming, but with the Basilisk's speed. Hope someone will experiment with this. Looks plausible.

Whenever I venture beyond the city boundaries, can't help wishing you could draw your own roads and bridges like in Simcity 2013. Hell, wish you could build your own metropolis(es).

Guest 4519094

"WHAT IS YOUR MOD WISHLIST?"

Would really like to fly in this game. Can't keep my mind of thinking of a mod that lets the Basilisk, which is already floating, use the swim mechanic to ascend and descend with the same buttons you use when swimming, but with the Basilisk's speed. Hope someone will experiment with this. Looks plausible.

Whenever I venture beyond the city boundaries, can't help wishing you could draw your own roads and bridges like in Simcity 2013. Hell, wish you could build your own metropolis(es).

Night SimCity :ROFLMAO: almost surprised it doesn't exist alraedy, it's actually a pretty good idea :p
also if you want to fly with the basilisk just spawn it with any number of mods then activate the freefly mod
it's ... pretty jank but kinda funny.
If you want to really fly though just go in the freefly lua file and comment the line that pauses time by adding "--" in front of it.
all the funny bugs will go away, just a flying basilisk :D

PS: just found that by complete chance https://store.steampowered.com/app/1242630/Skid_Cities/ a cyberpunk simcity released yesterday :ROFLMAO:

Last edited by a moderator:
Night SimCity :ROFLMAO: almost surprised it doesn't exist alraedy, it's actually a pretty good idea :p
also if you want to fly with the basilisk just spawn it with any number of mods then activate the freefly mod
it's ... pretty jank but kinda funny.
If you want to really fly though just go in the freefly lua file and comment the line that pauses time by adding "--" in front of it.
all the funny bugs will go away, just a flying basilisk :D

Thanks. Will try.

Edit: I can't find the line you mentioned. Will you be so kind to copy/paste it here please?

Last edited:
At the moment, just a simple change to River Ward’s eye implant. I would be perfectly happy with a simple eye patch like what the fixer Regina has. Just whatever to make the implant look better.

Not a mod, but a visual world editor would be great. I want to make house mods, spruce up night city, and make a few new quest locations.

Top Bottom