What is your mod wishlist?

+
We know that big mods for this game could be coming soon, and I'm wondering what kind of mods you'll be searching for, what mods you want, and what mods you expect.

Personally, (I'd expect this to take months with lots of hard work) I wish that some modder adds back in the whole NCART. Something more realistic would probably be something that lets you watch whatever old/new news recordings or shows on your TV. I found out that you could watch TV in your apartment in Act 3 and I'm guessing that I missed out on quite a bit of N54 content.

We need to wait for RedKit – which I hope we'll get, one of these days. And I'm hoping that RedKit will give me a way of opening a socket to a helper program.

The mod I want to build is generic speech – so that the NPCs you meet in the street have actual conversation. The voices will have to be done with text-to-speech technology, and if it's going to be a free mod (which it will have to be) I can't use Lyrebird voices. But I hope I can make it not too uncanny-valley.

Basically, an NPC needs to be able to answer questions about
  1. The weather;
  2. Local streets, vendors, places of interest (particularly how to get to these);
  3. Local crime situation/gangs/areas of particular danger;
  4. Recent events in the game world (much the same as you get on current TV news);
Some NPCs should additionally be able to talk about aspects of game lore – for example, old folk may remember the events of 2020, and so on.

I don't know, at this stage, how Cyberpunk is modelling faction hostility – I know that gangs are supposed to be more or less hostile to you depending on how you've interacted with them in the past, but how this works and even whether it actually works I don't yet know. But if faction hostility is modelled then whether an NPC is willing to answer your questions has got to vary with faction hostility.

Obviously stage one of this is to throw you up a menu of questions you can ask, or things you can say, you pick one, the NPC responds to it.

But stage two, which is what I really want to get to, is, you just talk into a microphone and the NPC you are looking at talks back.

The pipeline goes like this:
  1. speech to text;
  2. decision whether to co-operate bases on faction hostility;
  3. rough parser engine to derive quey – more on this below;
  4. query database of game knowledge;
  5. filter results based on what this NPC should be expected to know;
  6. generate text using an appropriate dialect phrasebook for the NPC;
  7. text to speech, ideally (but obviously not in a free mod) using a lyrebird voice based on the voice of the voice actor who speaks anything this NPC currently speaks.
So the key to this is being able to parse what the player says into something the NPC can respond to. Obviously, there are going to be things that you can't parse, and you have to have a library of bits of canned text to deal with that. But I used to write opportunistic parsers for text adventure games, thirty-mumble years ago, and by the time text adventure games were going out of fashion we'd got quite good at that. The parser doesn't have to even nearly have a full understanding of the player's language to be able to parse things like "how do I get to Jig Jig Street?", or "where can I get shotgun shells round here?". Add some simple modelling of greeting protocols and you've got something which might create a much more immersive city.

The other end of it is that a Voodoo Boy doesn't talk like and Aldecaldo and a corpo doesn't talk like a streetkid, so you have to parse whatever you get back from the database into a semantic structure and then turn that semantic structure back into text using what I'm calling a dialect phrasebook, which is essentially a library of sentence templates in the dialect of the particular NPC. You probably need a dozen of these phrasebooks to give a reasonable variety to NPC responses.

This all may seem like a mad idea, and it is. I think I can build it (provided I can call out from RedKit's scripting to a helper program of my own); but until I've built it in the context of a large open world game like Cyberpunk, I won't really know whether it will be fun to play with.

THINGS TO DO after the end game!

-Quests.

-Bar activity like fist fights and drinking games!

-RENT NEEDS TO BE PAID so we have a reason to get out of bed and make money.

-Random NPC set to combat in random locations to provided Procedural stories such as a bank robbery, or next door neighbor domestic violence's and such. For god sake this should be EASY to make with just the games RNG npc generator and one page script to drop them someplace around the players location!
If they are dropped in a location you cannot get to so what, next random time may be different. And the player can imagine their own scenarios based on the location the NPC is in no need to write shards!

"There is a woman running around stabbing people with a knife in the clothing store? Guess she got laid off and is back for revenge on the manager. "
"There is a sniper on that restaurant roof shooting at me? Wow I guess I made an enemy on my adventures."

I may try to do it my self if no one else does.

Last edited:
-I really hope to see some kind of mini campaign builder at some point, I have so many ideas for mini stories in Night City but I just don't know how to create them :/
-More usable braindances to launch new quests (and no it doesn't have to be sexual :facepalm:)

-More options in photo mode (more stances, lighting options, assets from the game available like a chair, pole, NPCs etc...)

-Random encounters around the city leading to sidequests/gigs would be nice too. There is a mod already generating random missions but I'd like something more structured, fingers crossed!

-I really hope to see some kind of mini campaign builder at some point, I have so many ideas for mini stories in Night City but I just don't know how to create them :/
D'jinni, the editing tool for Witcher 1 which came free with the Enhanced Edition, was really easy to use. I used it to build a complete new module for the game with about five hours game-play. Scripting was easy; the cutscene tool was a bit fiddly but with patience I was able to create reasonable cutscenes; all in all, a pretty good experience.

CD Projekt also released RedKit, the editing tool for RedEngine, for Witcher 2. But the released version hasn't been updated since 2012. RedEngine and RedKit are still what Cyberpunk is written in, but it's a lot more sophisticated now and I don't believe that the 2012 release will work with Cyberpunk. I'm hoping that we'll get a new release of RedKit soon.

Creating a significant story mod is a lot of work – we had a team of two, myself and a friend, working on it for about eight months on a sort of most evenings basis; the music team also put in a heck of a lot of work; and half a dozen other people were on the team for parts of the process. But it was great fun, and I really hope we get the opportunity to build a modding community around this game.

I'd love to see mods that simply open up closed buildings for exploration. Ideally, some with player appartments sprinkled in, or maybe a bar or something we can run, with employees and customers and everything.

Biggest worry at the same time: that too many modders try to claim the exact same doors for custom content, meaning I'd have to pick.

Will be awesome if some group set up an online reference listing which mods alter which areas, so people can check for conflict. I always hoped Nexus would set up something like that for Skyrim, allowing modders to find empty places, put their name on the list for the locations they use (which wouldn't grant exclusive use, but just let people know that mod X, Y and Z all use that spot, meaning they better not install more than 1 of those three to prevent conflicts)

Guest 4519094

well ... that one NSFW mod that everyone was waiting for just dropped :p

I'd love like a Cyberpunk version of Skyrim's Interesting NPCs mod, a working tram system to replace the fast travel points, bi romances and new or customisable apartments (I'd love to get a Misty's Esoterica overhaul of V's place).

Appearance mod where we can take on traits that we see on NPC (like overweight body, different hair style such as Takemura's, etc.)

I made a new thread here about this, hopefully a mod can merge them for me...

User created braindance mini games, does not have to be sexual.

A mod that lets us keep any car we steal.

Even better, steal it and take it to a autoshop to get it repainted or what ever and have it programed to our fleet of vechicles.

A mod that lets us keep any car we steal.

Even better, steal it and take it to a autoshop to get it repainted or what ever and have it programed to our fleet of vechicles.

I thought they already have that mod.

Actually some story mod would be nice. If CDPR can't or won't fix it...

Doesn't have to be voice acted, could be messages, shards, emails, etc. but maybe someone can rewrite the story and streamline them so it's more than 15 hours long? Like somehow reorganize the stories so that it made more sense, incorporate the side quests and turn them into main story quests. Reorganize the gigs so you have to go to a fixer (or call them) to do them instead of having random calls as you are exploring Night City.

Ambitious I know, but hey it would make the game much better.

Some AI improvements would be nice. A mod that levels up equipment so I don't have to pick 500 copies of the same weapon with higher stats. Its just monotonous really.

Some extra story content so that the dialogue choices and player back story actually matter.

Improved map so I am not constantly missing turns. A mod that stops police from appearing out of thin air and gives the option to bribe or be taken into custody instead of just shot.

NPCs that do more than just walk back and forth. NPCs that are smart enough to move away from a burning car that will explode. NPC drivers that can move around obstacles.

Improved driving so I don't constantly run onto sidewalks and kill civilians accidentally.

Better punching NPC animations that feel real.

Tires that can be shot out.

Basically the entire game other than the graphics.

hmm maybe my list is too long and there is another thread on same Question but...

Cyberpunk 2077 Mod Wish List

Player character body replacers for V and NPCs (separate mods) (in game body variations, size height, shape, all body parts much more variable)

Breast enlargement and shape options, variety of sliders, (way beyond CB2077 options) similar as in Skyrim mods (Bodyslide compatible?)

Breast Physics

Ability to sit anywhere, benches, seats, bars, stairs, and interact with objects, pick up, throw, damage, move, stack, transport

Convertible cars, vintage classic cars, retro 1950s, 40s, 30s sports cars eg SS100 Jaguar, Cord,

Jedi style Light sabres (fully working weapons) as per Skyrim, Fallout,

Flying cars/vehicles/helo/hover bikes/roller skates

Hand-held flashlights for player character

Fashion Hats for player character ( needs ancillary body slots)

Stockings and Garter (suspender) belts

HIGH heeled shoes (stripper heels)

Rocket packs (Mandalorian style)

TWO handed blade ‘Assasin’ combat mod (including one handed katana/wazikashi)

Ninja weaponry (futuristic versions, glowing tech etc, throwable)

Additional body item slots (gloves, jewellery, arm and leg bands, tech, belts, rings, )

Ability to dissemble objects (Z key) from inside stash not just in inventory

Dropboxes that link to personal stash regardless of their location (store and access items from anywhere not just sell)

Japanese fashions and armor styles

Tech illuminated clothing / see thru neon (as some NPC dancers wear) for player character (partly achieved by mods but I'd want new designs)

Recolourable clothing system including textures, cars (now done by mod for cars)

Multi-option in-game variable weather and effect system controls (rotate not just replace one at a time)

V Jedi style cloak and hood with physics movement

Samurai dual katana belt (add in own blades)

Eating animation (various, burger, noodles, chopstick etc) and drink animation TPP third person views

Superhero landing when fall

Dedicated map key (toggle direct to map only and back)

Dedicated combat 'roll' key (not just 'dodge as in some mods)/

problem with animation is you would need motion capture studio. I wonder if this is something individual youtubers can do by wearing self made suits behind a single colored background and software? I wouldn't know much about motion capture technology...

ya1

Forum regular
First and foremost a complete difficulty rehaul is needed. That should include upscaling of enemy levels and balancing of core playstyles. This game becomes unplayable around lvl 20 when most of the content becomes trivial.

just one: remove the tooltip when hovering over a lootable item
i love to play this game with a minimal hud/ui

Change the car horn of the Chevalier Thrax to something other than a 120db boat foghorn. It currently the most annoying sound in the game. I don't get why this car has a horn louder than a semis but the actual truck horns in the game sound like they came off a poorly maintained 1980's Yugo.
Chevalier Thrax.jpg

Top Bottom