What is your most epic sound track from a game?

+
There are so many good ones... i have no favorites.

One OST I recently fell in love with is from a Japanese mobile game that is kind of obscure called: Kidou Sentai Iron Saga; just released global not that long ago.

If you want straight-up Attack on Titan chills up your spinal column, listen to one of it's opening tracks:

Hiroyuki Sawano can do no wrong i swear.

But again, i have so much game music that i love, ranging from the Witcher series, to a bunch of underground Japanese game OST's, i love them all, i will not pick a favorite. xD

Last edited:
I remember being really impressed with the Soundtrack for Silent Hill 3 and Vampire Bloodlines. It probably has something to do with the time period and a shift in music for video games just being more impressive in general.

This theme is not only extremely epic, it's also one of the most fitting music with epic boss battles. It's one thing to listen to the track, but playing that particular fight with the music playing is quite another. Jesper Kyd really nailed it with this one.

The brilliance of this music is that one can listen to it almost indefinitely while doing any task at any time without losing focus.

As far as a whole game soundtrack, I have to go with Assassin's Creed Revelations. From menu to credits, the soundtrack just hits those levels of feels that make me want to replay the game over and over again just to experience the music as it was composed for.

Other gems across other games

(MW2 has many gems in its OST)

The soundtrack is the best part here. Listening to it improves driving skills by 1000%.

For an overall game, the soundtrack from the original Fantasy General.

For one segment of a game, the background audio from sequence where Dom sacrifices himself in Gears of War 3.

Really noone mentioned Gothic 3 yet ?
In my opinion Gothic 3 is a definite contender for the game with the best soundtrack supporting the game.
Since the topic seems to be most epic soundtrack I would say the Showdown Soundtrack from Gothic 3 would fit this quite well.

This thread reminds me why I usually don't think much of game music. Its usually intended to be background music, something only slightly better than silence. I tried listening to pieces here but many were unimpressive examples of merely atmospheric background music. That is not something I would call "epic". Even so, I find it difficult to recall particularly impressive examples of game music, even though I have 25+ years of experience in video games.

Call to Arms - Wow (aka the Antonidas/Tirion theme from hearthstone)

Mask of Revan - SWTOR. A tribute to the character that Bioware can thank for their time in the sun.

Tale of Leonidas sea shanty - AC:Odyssey

Laura Bailey and Dónal Kearney perform "Daughter of the Sea" live at Blizzcon 2018

Victory theme - Overwatch

Star Trek online login screen theme

Authoritarian theme - Simcity societies
https://youtu.be/37aVCLvmFGc

bonus sector:
Elite Tauren Chieftains performing "Power of the Horde" in WoW
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=viOFKP7jPoU

Last edited:
There are a lot for me
1. Slave knight gael ds3
2. Pontiff sulyvahn
3. Ac4 ost