What is your most epic sound track from a game?

+
Glad to see the Mass Effect series getting some love. Honestly there were so many great tracks that perfectly captured emotional moments in the series that it would be hard to just pick one.

A somewhat underrated one as far as the ME soundtracks go though has to be the track that plays on Mars...

Shepard & the crew of the Normandy forced to flee Earth when the moment they've all been dreading finally comes, and the Reapers invade. The fleets sent to protect Earth utterly annihilated, whole cities being reduced to rubble, millions dead, and extinction is looming. Shepard and the crew barely have a moment to even process the scale of the disaster when they're sent to Mars in a desperate race against time to find salvation, only to find on arrival that indoctrinated minions of the Reapers have possibly beaten them to the punch.

That track perfectly captured the tension and sense of dread set up by the story.

This had to have appeared on this thread at some point, but I'll mention it again since we're back on Mass Effect. This a track that has always resonated with me. Just brilliant.

I still like Vigil best from ME. But this is my second favorite from the series.

In game, i actually stop what i'm doing to listen to this one:

We have very similar tastes. After the Blood and Wine theme, this is my favorite from TW3.

I already like this one a lot from Cyberpunk. Feels very "all the things I've done in are staying with me as I reflect in my apartment at night." Could just as easily be "staking out Arasaka before going in for a big mission" though.

Last edited:

Great track for an incredible scene.
Post automatically merged:

Probably the most memorable boss fight track in the history of gaming.

It perfectly captured the emotional impact of an ending for one of the best stories ever written for a game as well.

Last edited:
Mass Effect and his suicid mission is almost unreachable. But oldies are pretty good too.

For me, it is a boss song from a ps2 game named Ar Tonelico.
I dropped the controller just to hear it again and again...

Name :
EXEC_PAJA/.#Misya extracting
A mouthfull but fantastic three voiced song.

So many great songs, my absolute favourite is Heave ho, or as some PS4-players call it "I pre-ordered the game"! :D
From video games in general... hmm... I would say the main theme of Planescape: Torment. Still the best written video game ever in my book!

Last edited:
My favorite soundtrack ever is the Metal Gear Rising Revengance soundtrack. But, I also love TW3 soundtrack! It's super relaxing, especially when I'm studying or working on art :)

Top Bottom