What is your most epic sound track from a game?

+
mechwarrior 2 . the kids loved it when they were little :) and the original vtm Bloodline sound track

For me, it has to be Skyrim. It's one of only two games I have played where I am happy to leave the music on when playing (the other is Medal Of Honor: Frontline, which is a close second with it's early Michael Giacchino goodness).

The year is 1991, and I begged my father to buy me a PC (it was 25MHz 386, with Roland LAPC-1 sound card, and soundblaster for synthetic voices). The game I needed a pc for was this: Wing commander.

Here is a synthetic orchestration of the Wing Commander I main theme. Sound quality-wise, the original isn't much behind.

ps. I really wish I could find the other tunes and WC2 songs as well.

Last edited:
For me that's really from a game from 1996: NET-Zone. The tracks are SO damn good. Especially the first track with the heartbreaking guitar.
The game was on CD-ROM and the music was on it in MP3, which was fairly new then.
Five years ago I did find that CD-ROM again somewhere in the back of my closets. No way to install but I ripped the MP3 and shortly after that on YouTube since it was nowhere to be found on the NET :)
And to top it off: the creator of the soundtrack found reacted and even he didn't have any recordings of it himself :)

Last edited:
Skellige Isles. When walking in nature.
I have never even heard a sound like that. It's such a unique soundtrack.

In my story end, skellige thrived and for some reason, even tho I helped veleb and novigrad to absolute maximum, those lands crumbked into appocalypse and hell.

Top Bottom