What kind of player are you?

+

Which game mode(s) do you play the most?

• Casual

• Ranked

• Seasonal

• Arena

• Singleplayer (Thronebreaker)

• Whatever I feel like, at the moment

Results are only viewable after voting.
Pretty straightforward question...

I tend to start the season by playing seasonal and a bit of ranked. Near the end of the season, I tend to chill out more in the classic mode. Arena I avoid altogether.

hah just saw this post, decided to chime in but thronebreaker not on your list. I'm not competitive type of online player, more like thronebreaker type of player or card player that used to go a comic book store and play cards with local people for fun. Thronebreaker was great idea from cd project RED, it has story and all similar to MTG shandalar from the 90's where you play against computer collect cards, enter dungeon, still love that game till today. I still think CD Project Red should make similar game like that, what a great replayability type of game and challanging enough for me.

Last edited:
I prefer Thronebreaker, of course, but, on the occasions I do play Gwent, I play ranked -- mostly as a personal experiment, rather than to achieve aught.

Riven-Twain is the waiting time gets worse as you move up the rank?
it's pvp so everyone is bound to meet some elite players out there and almost impossible to separate the elite and average joes like me with card game and I'm fine with it. seeing how much time people spend time, energy to reach elite levels on some of these online games can be quite scarry. It's like I'm playing basket ball with kobe, shaq, lebron james. Yeah I'll play with them but prefer not to because I know what will happen..... I'm one of those people that will never reach that level when it comes to gaming, which is fine and I'm content with that fact that some games are not for me.

is the waiting time gets worse as you move up the rank?

There are (too) few players at the bottom and at the top. However, for everything in between, the waiting time is pretty minimal, also depending on the time of day. I usually find a match within the minute when playing ranked or classic.

it's pvp so everyone is bound to meet some elite players out there and almost impossible to separate the elite and average joes like me with card game and I'm fine with it. [...] It's like I'm playing basket ball with kobe [...]

Even in real life sports you have different leagues. And while it's possible you have to face off against a new Kobe in the making, on average, your opponent(s) will be of similar strength. This is especially true for ranked matchmaking, which also has been explained in the other thread.

is the waiting time gets worse as you move up the rank?
If you mean the waiting time to find an opponent, in my experience, it rather depends on what hour of the day or night you choose to play. It really fluctuates, depending on how many players of the same rank are on-line at a given time.

I've also noticed that, sometimes, depending on the hour, I will face a series of opponents with particularly effective decks, which I have great difficulty defeating. This can lead to a string of defeats, wherein I cannot seem to progress at all. Usually, when this becomes a trend, I simply stop for a while, and return later. Sorry I can't provide more exact details, but, these are merely my causal, personal observations.

If you'd prefer to spare yourself the potential frustration of worrying about advancement, I'd honestly recommend avoiding ranked.

Thronebreaker, ranked, and seasonal -- not all seasonal modes, though. This month's mode is awesome so I've played it a lot (relatively speaking).

@4RM3D I suppose, that "Classic" means "classic casual" and "Ranked" means "classic ranked", right? I find those options in poll potentially confusing for strict logic person like me.

Anyway, I played Thronebreaker 3 times (to make 100% achievements) and will not come back to it in near future. However I would like another story-driven singleplayer Gwent like this. So I do not know how to count it as I made full progress with it and there is not anything more to do for me, so I do not play it anymore and even uninstalled it.

I almost never play arena (about once per 2-3 months).

My main mode is Classic Casual, were I play most of my games. I occassionaly play Classic Ranked as well, but much less than Casual.

When there is suitable time for it, I also play Seasonal, but mostly I play it only during first 2 weeks of season, because after that, faction challenge is typically "forcing" me to play specific deck for rest of season (both during challenge week and during reward week), which I dislike and I was several times suggesting limiting effect of faction challenge to just 1 week instead of half of season.

Played alot during old Gwent (thought that was classic when voting ), don't enjoy the new version at all but i will give the Syndicate a go in ranked (dunno how fun it will be with all mirrorgames).

Last edited:
I guess because I find the "Classic" mode absolutely imbalanced and tedious to play and also had lost any will to play competitive there, I find myself playing a lot of Seasonal. And by a lot I mean an hour, hour and a half a day, mainly to get through the first two daily brackets and go on with my life. I believe that if I try to do this in Ranked it will take me something like double the time in most cases.

While in Seasonal, well...

displayinline.png

I play GWENT to compete so ~99% of the Time Ranked.
The testing of unorthodox decks i do in Unranked for few hours and i have completed Thronebreaker as well.
Seasonal only if i like the Prizes (i'm sad that they are not obtainable like in the beta from Ranked).

I enjoy weird decks until I reach rank 0, then I make myself the promise that I won't screw up and only play meta...

... and I keep playing fancy non-competitive stuff such that I'm back at rank 5 the season after.

seeing how much time people spend time, energy to reach elite levels on some of these online games can be quite scarry. It's like I'm playing basket ball with kobe, shaq, lebron james.

You should reach the top by spending a few hours to the game, be patient ;)

In beta I used to play mostly casual. Ranked was exciting, but took a bit too much effort.

Since my recent return I have played nothing but. I feel like I have a considerable way to go in terms of understanding the game as it is now before I can do anything at ranked, and be reasonably successful at seasonals. Also, these two seem to take a longer time daily, which I admittedly cannot give to Gwent.

As a side note: all the hungry ruthless crawlies seem to come out over the weekends, so I largely avoid playing on saturdays and sundays.

Arena with zero votes. Yup sounds about right.
I added one. I play both ranked and arena. Arena reminds me of MTG Booster Draft I used to play a long time ago. What I particularly like about arena is that each deck I face is unpredictable and each game feels fresh and unique compared to ‘constructed’ modes. Therefore it’s more fun for me. I also like it feels like a mini-tournament.

From my experience ranked does require time investment, especially past R10, which I can’t afford.

Guest 4336264

Arena currently has the Irong Judgment cards in play. I've played Arena a lot more due to this.

I'd probably play Arena, and GWENT, a lot more if I could win the actual money paid (£1.50) to enter the Arena (I imagine not many pay with real cash - including self). If players could win a portion of £1.50 x 9 (minus CDPR's cut), I think I'd play Arena much more.

I'd like to see GWENT introduce a cash based game mode - varying levels (from pennies to pounds).

Top Bottom