What lore friendly mods are you waiting for?

+
What lore friendly mods are you waiting for?

I'm not going to talk about non-lore friendly mods cause I could come up with a millions things like most of you guys can.

I like to not list everything I want and I always like to see other people inputs as well, so I would just start off with one thing I want to see as mod for the Witcher 3.

I want to see all Witcher 2 armors imported and added to Witcher 3.

What are some of lore-friendly mods you guys are waiting for?

Last edited:
I'm not going to talk about non-lore friendly mods cause I could come up with a millions things like most of you guys can.

I like to not list everything I want and I always like to see other people inputs as well, so I would just start off with one thing I want to see as mod for the Witcher 3.

I want to see all Witcher 2 armor imported and added to Witcher 3.

I already planned at a elf mod / story just incase they don't add any.
I already planned out my own hardcore mod

I'll probably wait till RedKit 2 comes out or a very nice mod editor so you don't have to screw with game files for normal users.

More NPC variety, better textures for the cave grounds, blood on sword after you damage/kill an enemy. For gameplay I'd like something that reduces enemy health (except for bosses) on deathmarch but makes them smarter/more aggressive.

1 - I want common potion ingredients to be consumed every time Geralt makes a potion.

2 - Still water is unnaturally clear in places. I'd like to make it muddier and murkier. This is probably too ambitious for a mod though.

3 - Make it possible to disable the navigation arrows without disabling the mini-map altogether.

I already planned at a elf mod / story just incase they don't add any.
I already planned out my own hardcore mod

I'll probably wait till RedKit 2 comes out or a very nice mod editor so you don't have to screw with game files for normal users.

Mate, are you a modder? If so, I gotta say thanks. Modder are a pc gamer best friend :)

I want to see all Witcher 2 armors imported and added to Witcher 3.

UI mods and mods improving controls out of combat. Patches or mods or whatever to fix roach's behavior.

Item weights, (most is too light, encouraging pack-ratting). Some weapons are too heavy.

Reduce difference in buying/selling costs > to permit selling/rebuying of gear to aid weight management, plus to compensate for lower ability to carry.

Close gap in damage dealt/resisted between low and high level gear of the same type (and between similar types of weapon), leaving skill growth (and 'levels') as the main differential in killing power, rather than this multiplied by a similar growth in equipment. Look at durability and 'specials' as the main differential between low and high quality weapons, rather than only the raw damage. Whatever balancing needed with monsters to make them dangerous, but manageable with the more 'mundane' weapons. I'm guessing that big low level monsters will need more damage and smaller 'high level' ones somewhat less than they currently have.

You can't really add any stories because it would not be lore friendly with a silent Geralt not saying a word.

It's not like you can ask the voice actor to do some voices for you.

And to hear Geralt with a different voice would be too silly.
Or to not hear Geralt speak his lines.

So I see no future of lore friendly story mods, it's up to CDProject to deliver that part.

You can't really add any stories because it would not be lore friendly with a silent Geralt not saying a word.

It's not like you can ask the voice actor to do some voices for you.

And to hear Geralt with a different voice would be too silly.
Or to not hear Geralt speak his lines.

So I see no future of lore friendly story mods, it's up to CDProject to deliver that part.

Lots of games don't have voice overs, I'd still do it or reuse word by word old audio haha.

Lots of games don't have voice overs, I'd still do it or reuse word by word old audio haha.
If you think of Skyrim, there is no voice on your character, so that's why and you are not playing a unique lore character, you are playing a made up fantasy character of your own.

But no, I can't think of any game like Witcher 3 with a main character that has mods with stories that's lore friendly.
Won't work for me.

I'm "waiting" for the Improved Combat Mod, with improvements/fixes such as:
  • animation canceling
  • sign rebalancing
  • improved general targeting
  • improved Lock On Target
  • improved AI
  • fixed combat state detection
  • fixed arrow deflection
  • fixed attack hitboxes and timing
  • fixed Aard
  • etc.

Also, I'd love a Total Progression and Difficulty Overhaul Mod, but I guess that'd be a bit too much to ask.

Lore friendly ones? None, really. I'm perfectly fine with the game - as casualized as it is. The UI needs a lot of tweaks though (the inventory, especially), but I'm hoping it will be adressed by CDPR themselves, not by modders.

I kinda hope some talented animators give us some expanded or alternate "love scenes" in the game, because of the five I've seen so far I'm not all that impressed to be honest, I mean I was expecting something akin to Cinemax late night softcore stuff with mood lighting, "romantic" camera angles, and all that but we didn't even get that, the camera feels drunk, it never puts any focus on anything except where the character's hands are at any given time.

Oh and dwarven and halfling strumpets... not to do anything with mind, just... dwarves and halflings need love too!

only 3 things i would like to see

1: fov: adjustment, as it is i cant play on my pc monitor, it makes me nauseous
2: UI adjustment, its far too invasive, large and cannot be hidden, also need ingame screenshot key
3: killcam: i feel the detail and raw action is highly unappreciated

Last edited:
A mod that upscales quests, meaning that if you're level 15 and get a level 5 quest, its enemies will be scaled up to 15 so that the challenge remains no matter what and you'll never go through a long tracking process only to kill a monster in two or three hits. Should not necessarily affect random mobs in the wild (except perhaps lone big monsters guarding treasure like the fiend in southern Velen) and should absolutely not under any circumstances downscale high level quest to your level.

I think that would be ten times more lore-friendly than the game's way of handling this, currently.

I would like a mod that brings the group around Yarpen Zigrin back especially skaggs and his weird sayings about goats :comeatmebro:

I haven't actually bought the game yet, (I need to get a better computer to be able to meet the minimum specs) but I'm really really hoping for an FCR mod from flash. I enjoyed the mods for the previous two games and played them on the hardest difficulties, which was really rewarding. But from watching youtube videos of the combat, some things I am hoping it would do is:
1. Remove axii. I always found that sign really immersion breaking, but it's really no big deal because when playing vanilla, I end up just not using it to keep myself immersed.
2. Make the crossbow deal more realistic amounts of damage, and maybe make it take way longer to reload just to balance it out and not make it overpowered so you can't just kill large groups of enemies from a distance.
3. Remove damage sponge enemies. I feel that the last two FCRs did a great job of dealing with this issue.

I think that the vanilla combat looks amazing as it is though, and these are just tweaks that I would hope to see. I can't wait to get the game, but it'll probably be another year with my budget. But it's cool because I will also be able to play the expansions too at that point. Thanks for making awesome games CDPR!!!

Top Bottom