What Makes YOUR Life Worth Living?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
What Makes YOUR Life Worth Living?

I'm having a bad day, one of those "life sucks and then you die" days when life seems as if it's just not worth the trouble.

So, I was wondering: what makes YOUR life worth living? What makes you smile, what gives you pleasure, what causes you satisfaction?

Besides the Witcher games, of course. ;)

The hope that I can contribute to my community and make it a better place.
Nothing is more satisfying to me than the feeling of being empowered, that I can and do make a difference no matter how small. This feeling is amplified when I'm around like minded individuals who also want to do their best in making the world a better place.

Also, and this will be cheesy but true. But I think I'm falling in love lately and it's making happy. Her happiness would make my life worth living.

uncertainty, knowing that one never knows whats going to happen next in the future, so its always worth getting to the end.

Aver

Forum veteran
I always have a problem with answering such questions. When someone ask me this I usually answer something like "Er... I don' know... because life is amazing... I guess?". I always felt that life is amazing, even tho it never was perfect for me. I don't have much money, I'm from broken family, I'm not too healthy, yet I constantly feel that life is great.

I'm reading a lot of books, visiting a lot of places, play video games, I'm trying to be creative etc. and everytime when I see an amazing place, read an awesome book or play a great game I feel this "awe" that makes me want more and if my life would end I wouldn't get more. It gives me opposite feeling to your - I'm often thinking about death, I'm terrified that it's unstoppable and I'm constantly afraid of it even tho I'm young person.

The fact that giving up on life is literally the worst thing I can do. There is always a better place I can be and help other people get there. As long as I live, I can achieve greatness. And I actually want to meet a nice girl and have kids one day you know... And visit my family back in Vietnam, one that I have not seen for over 10 years and probably will not see for at least 2-3 years more unless I get thrown out of university.

What makes me smile? Many things. One of the things that always works is Mus(e)ic. Music always helps lift the mood for me. If its real serious, the Katawa Shoujo soundtrack has so many nice memories associated to it, its an instant smile. Another thing is my friends. I go by the motto: If my friends are happy, then I am happy. And if I am that angry that nothing helps, I work out. Spending that energy and then relaxing (usually even sleeping) to calm down. That does not happen often though.

The general idea on how to feel better for me: Shut out the world.

Becouse I am happy to be here,and to think,and to make conclusions and to experience stuff and to form my personality and opinions,and to just live and develop and grow and think :D

EDIT:And to debate with other people,have fun with them.

I've take a half of century to learnt it but when I begin to feel that something will trouble me I just turn of the coin and smile thinking: how many time of my life I've got to waste in bad's moments? Why don't I just solve it (if I can) or ignore it (really worth it?) with a smile in my mind while I take a new lesson? So I feel bad for a moment, I enjoy this bad feeling in its worth respecting my own emotions, and go on with a little but strong private satisfaction. And I feel alive.
Not easy, I know, live never is as fair as we wish, even seems too cruel for us, but our heart still beating on because we need continuing to fight though we do not believe to have more strength for it.

But honestly, don't attention to me... I can smile just only seeing a cloud , a stone or another smile..../>/>

Oh! and my deepest satisfaction is sharing and see another people smiling truly inside.

That living is preferable to nothingness. I still get some form of pleasure from relatively menial things, and that alone is better than nothing.

It's bleak, but it gets me out of bed in the morning.

I try to look forward and not back.

And I try to enjoy simple pleasures. A cup of tea, taking a walk, that kind of thing.

Learning new things gives meaning to a day. I get a lot of satisfaction out of it, at any rate.

i have specific goal set of my mind from since 3 yrs....i want to achieve my specific goal....and i m way to achieve it !!!!!!!!!!!!

Corylea said:
I'm having a bad day, one of those "life sucks and then you die" days when life seems as if it's just not worth the trouble.

So, I was wondering: what makes YOUR life worth living? What makes you smile, what gives you pleasure, what causes you satisfaction?

Besides the Witcher games, of course.
off lately completed reading the books
1.The Immortals of Meluha
2.The Secret of the Nagas
taking influence by others and taking positive things from everyone is my theory to reamain happy and be positive always thats my life proverb !!!!!!!!

Guest 3593423

A good friend helps, one who listens to everything you say and feel without judging. Also, working out is good: doesn't occupy the mind, but gets you looking good, feeling better, and focusing on something.

Wichat said:
I've take a half of century to learnt it but when I begin to feel that something will trouble me I just turn of the coin and smile thinking: how many time of my life I've got to waste in bad's moments? Why don't I just solve it (if I can) or ignore it (really worth it?) with a smile in my mind while I take a new lesson? So I feel bad for a moment, I enjoy this bad feeling in its worth respecting my own emotions, and go on with a little but strong private satisfaction. And I feel alive.
Not easy, I know, live never is as fair as we wish, even seems too cruel for us, but our heart still beating on because we need continuing to fight though we do not believe to have more strength for it.

But honestly, don't attention to me... I can smile just only seeing a cloud , a stone or another smile..../>/>/>

Oh! and my deepest satisfaction is sharing and see another people smiling truly inside.

This, for me too.
And, despite being neither a Christian nor a member of any twelve-step programs, the Serenity Prayer works for me.
"Grant to us the serenity of mind to accept that which cannot be changed; courage to change that which can be changed, and wisdom to know the one from the other."

I practice FMA and twice a week I learn new ways how to hurt/kill people. Some games, movies, books etc are fun, other than that life sucks.

at times life can be too much - the first step is to recognize the first signs of trouble and then i need some time out (me time and only me), which can be quiet difficult to achieve. i am always there for the people around me and find it difficult to shut myself away. but there has to be a time when i need to clear my mind of every ones problems and demands. and that means headphones, music, laptop or pc/xbox escape. when i say "play time" it is the warning sign for my people not to disturb me unless really necessary. and they learned to do so. after that i am ready to tackle the world again.

Wichat said:
But honestly, don't attention to me... I can smile just only seeing a cloud , a stone or another smile..../>/>/>

Wichat said:
Learning new things gives meaning to a day. I get a lot of satisfaction out of it, at any rate.

To me, a day has been a success if I have learned one worthwhile thing. Some days, the things I learn have deeper meanings than they do on others. But if I have one wish, it is never to stop learning.

And this is easiest for me to explain in religious terms, so I apologize for any offense given or controversy created. When I see another person's face, I see the image of God less tarnished than it is in my own. And that realization always brings me joy and peace.

For me the thing that makes my life worth living the most is my daughter. Anytime I'm down, not believing in myself, in people, in the world in general, she's got a magic touch that makes it all full of sense again. The combination of this huge responsibility and the powerful bond between parent and child slaps me in the face saying "Man the fuck up, you've still got a job to do". It helps.

Other than that, I think it's passion. Personally I'm into making music and DJing, so anytime I need to relax and separate myself from this world, I put on my headphones and surround myself with my favourite soundscapes, beats and rhythms. Or when I'm at the club, behind the turntables and I see the crowd reacting to the music I play, people with their eyes closed, smiling gently, all moving to the same rhythm... it all makes me feel like I'm in the center of the universe and is the most pleasant and fulfilling emotion/feeling/experience I've ever had in my life.

And lastly, moments. There are episodes when I might think that my life is complicated or simply shit, but then I realise that it's not all like that. There are still moments that are good, inspiring or uplifting. So everytime I drive my car to work in the morning and the sun is shining, the trees blossom all around me - I'm grateful for the sun and the trees. Or maybe it's raining or snowing, but it's a day when I feel healthy - I am grateful for this too. Or maybe I feel compassionate for someone and try to brighten up their day with at least a smile - like the lady at the mall, working at the check-out till 10PM for minimum wage. Little things add up...and they make big things.

Recently I focus on self-realization. Recently defended my master degree in architecture and have a nice and cozy job in an architecture office. After work, I have a lot of time for friends and in particular for one lady.
I jog in my spare time and I try to be in shape. In the evenings, gradually I create projects for different competitions (eg now designing orbital swimming pool)
Until recently, I had a worse time, but now all is peaceful and pleasant. Of course, it is never perfect, and this lady could finally make up her mind ;)

Don't know really.

I guess it would be me knowing that there will always be a better day and that I have so much to live for such as having a family, finding the right person in a relationship and basically living my life to my uttermost potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom