What Makes YOUR Life Worth Living?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
Like Bloth says, often it's the little pleasures that can bring your mind out of the depths. Some good home cooked food and exercise does wonders for me. The most important though is being productive. If I'm not productive I get depressed.

Corylea said:
I have several different chronic illnesses that limit my life drastically, and sometimes the difference between what I long to do and what I'm physically capable of doing is too much to bear. But a new day brings new hope.
Cory life is a burden itself and our frail bodies are concrete stones. You're not alone in this. But the things you have done, and that you can do in future... they all made lives better to lots of us. And that's should be one reason not to give up ever.

Life has no smooth road for any of us; and in the bracing atmosphere of a high aim the very roughness stimulates the climber to steadier steps, till the legend, over steep ways to the stars, fulfills itself.

The happiness of life is made up of minute fractions—the little soon-forgotten charities of a kiss, a smile, a kind look, a heartfelt compliment in the disguise of a playful raillery, and the countless other infinitessimals of pleasurable thought and genial feeling.

Corylea said:
Thank you all for all of your interesting and insightful responses.

I have several different chronic illnesses that limit my life drastically, and sometimes the difference between what I long to do and what I'm physically capable of doing is too much to bear. But a new day brings new hope.

Thank you, friends. />

You have a wonderful mind and spirit, and that's not something to take lightly.

There is no shame in limited capacity, we are all after all limited in one way or the other. The shame is not doing anything with what you have, and what you have is pretty substantial I'd say :)

I can concur with what everyone else has already said . It`s not so much that we make do with what we have but more like we do what we can with what we have been given is what really matters . Friends , family and loved ones are what matters most for me and if I can make but one person smile and provide a little happiness every day then I have served my purpose . I think that if we could stand back and see all the lives that we have touched in one way or another then we would all be amazed at what could be seen .

Corylea said:
Thank you all for all of your interesting and insightful responses.

Thank you, friends. />

Don't worry you'll be a professional basketball player someday just don't give up lol.

KnightofPhoenix said:
As an existential nihilist, I too believe that there is no reason or purpose behind our existence. That we as a species and as individuals are essentially a product of probability and chance. Or that if there is a reason or purpose behind our existence, we are too under-equipped to ever find out, which is ultimately the same thing for all intents and purposes.

And I find that very empowering. We get to decide the reason and purpose of our own existence.

I had the epiphany that this was true early in my sophomore year of college. I've been much better off since. It can be terrifying to embrace the void, so it's understandable why so many shut their eyes in fear of the prospect. But I agree, it's empowering once you realize that nothing is binding you, nobody is watching, you're not going to be judged for every single deed, and every moment is utterly yours.

1)Possibility. Nothing it's firmly wrote in stone.

From caos' point of view, it could rain forever, but it could not. That's not means i believe that all is possible, (Hey! I'm your friendly always pessimistic often-depressed but realistic Neighborhood mate, i HAVE to behave like this!) it's not a matter of hope, but things could always change.

2) Nature and lifeforms. When i look at the nature, with all his different lifeforms struggling for life, for survival, i need to smile, don't know exactly why.

Here a quote frome one of my favourite cRPGs (I'm sorry, TW it's at 2nd place :p):

«Endure. In enduring, grow strong.»

Yakkuz said:
it's not a matter of hope, but things could always change.

In fact, things ALWAYS change. We can force it to do or just wait for it happens by itself, but definitely nothing remains forever. That's what life is made. In this world nothing is static. We are energy and energy can neither be created nor destroyed, only changed. In our lives there is only one way, we mature or we rot; mature means selecting our experiences, choose those that make us better people and make them the foundation of our way of being. If we choose that anger, discouragement or sadness mark our experiences, it will be a foundation full of woodworm larvae which will undermine our future.

There are experiences that destroy parts of our body and limit our actions, or rather, the actions we had in mind to do. And we have to completely change our life values​​. But there are also experiences that cripple the soul, lost in the heart that will never be replaced and in the end also force us to completely change our lives and having to give up everything we had planned. And there is one pervasive feeling in those moments: Pain.

I do not know if this is easily overcome or not, for me it was very hard, but relapses in those moments of pain are even worse, at least so they seem to me. But sharing bits of my life with other people revive me. It helps me to choose the most beautiful and sweet pics and to anchor them in my foundations and leave the sad ones in mere anecdotes. I found it fruitless to try to fill the void that his loss left me because he is irreplaceable. I'm learning to fill with his/ours memories, but especially with everything he taught me and now I can teach others: understanding, patience and above all, do not stagnate me how to surround a limitation but by very long and hard is its detour.

I know there is nothing comparable, every pain is personal and lived differently. But who cares? If 2 +2 or 1 +1 +1 +1 or 5-1 or 2x2 all give the same result. And is not that what unites us? ;)/>/>/>/>/>

Yakkuz said:
«Endure. In enduring, grow strong.»

An axioma that confirm that everything changes. Thankfully they do!

Cory, the best for you with all my heart.

Life is too short to wake up in the morning with regrets. So love the people who treat you right, forget about the ones who don’t. And believe that everything happens for a reason. If you get a chance, take it. If it changes your life, let it. Nobody said it would be easy, just that it would be worth it.
Scars are like memories, and tattoos. When you fall, when your heart breaks, and when your best friend turns her back on you, it leaves a scar that can hurt every-time you think about it. It’s a memory that is stuck in your head. It’s in the past, but it comes back and bites. It’s a tattoo because it’s a memory that hurts, but doesn’t disappear. It never does. When you see it so vividly, you sometimes regret what led to the scar that is a memory that leaves an imprint in your life’s history.

What makes my life worth living? Studying Wing Chun kung fu. Been doing it for four months and essentially gained another family. My kung-fu brothers and sisters are awesome and my sifu is one of the coolest and funniest people I've ever met. I spend most of my Saturday nights at my kung fu school just hanging out with everyone. I don't think finding this school was an accident, it's changing my life for the better.

All my life I always feel a great pleasure and happines of see many and new histories, independent of be books, movies, games (The Witcher of course)...

A good friend and my mom, which I always can count. And recently, a wonderfull girl that I met.
=DDD srsrsrs

People, love, music, good food and drinks, interesting places, compelling books, films and video games. Small things, like a smile or a good joke. Being childish inside also helps a lot.

I usually set short-time goals for myself and achieving them brings me joy, but I don't really like to plan far ahead or worry too much about the future because inevitable and unexpected things happen all the time, pleasant surprises included. I prefer to go with the flow and enjoy the moment. I guess I'm a bit like these guys:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xB5ceAruYrI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom