What Makes YOUR Life Worth Living?

+
Status
Not open for further replies.
HomemComH said:

I always though that Standard Model Langrangian usually causes questioning one's purpose in life.

Guest 2091327

Corylea said:
I'm having a bad day, one of those "life sucks and then you die" days when life seems as if it's just not worth the trouble.

So, I was wondering: what makes YOUR life worth living? What makes you smile, what gives you pleasure, what causes you satisfaction?

Besides the Witcher games, of course. ;)/>

Nothing.

Yes, I'm having one of those Life Blows days too. Have them damn often to be honest. Life has this peculiar ability to stuff your face into its cheeks and wetfart you in the face.

Life sucks. My neighbours suck. The landlord sucks worse than an old fishsmelly cunt.

I'm fucking fed up of living here, and all the shit that goes with it. Fuck's sake, can't even have on the fucking power to sit with my computer without the cocksucking shit blacking out because the cuntlord has under-powered every bloody thing here to save money. Doesn't help to have retarded neighbours who are putting even more power on my fuse, but I may as well be talking to the wall. Lost several hours of work - AGAIN - earlier today. Twice. Fucking CUNST!!!

Okay, so that just sounds like a small detail that put me over the edge, but fuck. Things are bad enough to begin with, now I can't even use the bloody computer?! Maybe I should turn off the heating, the fridge and the light, and sit huddled under 72 blankets, maybe I'll be able to turn the damn thing on for 2 minutes then....?

And here I was dreaming about finally buying a new computer, upgrading the 4-5 year old metal scrapheap. Well, then life has its special way again (Thou Shalt Not Have Dreams!!!!!!). Smacking Thor's Hammer in your gut for laughs, and maybe a couple of times between your crownjewels too, you know, just for kicks.

I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they’re right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Family, the missus. Perhaps I'm one of those lucky ones who married a specially resilient wife. I'm a gamer and you know what it feels like to be one. Most of the time gamers would spend a ton of time playing games which sometimes resulting to partners and family being taken for granted. My wife often encourages me to play games and she loves to watch, she even searches for discounts online for games that I can eventually buy afterwards.

The funny thing about it is no matter how hardcore I am as a gamer, my relative play time now has already diminished because I actually spend more time with the missus on her activities.

RSIK4 said:
I believe that everything happens for a reason. People change so that you can learn to let go, things go wrong so that you appreciate them when they’re right, you believe lies so you eventually learn to trust no one but yourself, and sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

You have posted some inspiring quotations, but you have done so without attribution. If you were to attribute them, readers could determine for themselves what contexts their authors uttered them in, and why they might have done so; and the author (or, in this case, her memory) would receive the credit that is due.

Please attribute your quotes; in this case, credit is due to Marilyn Monroe.

But my favorite Marilyn Monroe quote is this one, though the exact wording depends on who wrote it out,

"I'm pretty, but I'm not beautiful. I sin, but I'm not the devil. I'm good, but I'm not an angel. I am just a small girl in a big world trying to find someone to love."

No matter how phooey this world seems sometimes, it is the place we can find love, love another person, and be loved.

Guest 2091327

...and get fucked up the arse every which way you turn.

Or maybe that's just my life.

Ha, i was beginning to think i was the only one here surrounded by perpetual prickery. Apathy is the only cure i have found, and i've tried a shitload of different pharmacueticals.

slimgrin said:
I've been steeped in that mindset for years. It gets you nowhere.

A little gem from Steve Hughes....

"There's always one dumb mate that says this is brilliant this acid mate, we could do it every day. We can't! We can't do it every day! It's not for every day, acid. It's like anal sex, acid. It's for special occasions. You take acid every day you will ruin your mind. You have anal sex every day you will ruin your arse. Either way you'll embarrass yourself on the bus."

/>

For the longest time I was fairly depressed and didn't have anything that made my life worth living, but I hung on hoping that things would turn around. Last September I moved to a new city, and since then I've gotten a new job that's fairly well-paying (at least compared to what I was making before), a lot less stressful, and with a lot nicer people to work with. I also met my boyfriend and we're planning to spend the rest of our lives together. I feel like everything finally clicked into place and I'm actually happy

GuyN said:
You have posted some inspiring quotations, but you have done so without attribution. If you were to attribute them, readers could determine for themselves what contexts their authors uttered them in, and why they might have done so; and the author (or, in this case, her memory) would receive the credit that is due.

Please attribute your quotes; in this case, credit is due to Marilyn Monroe.

But my favorite Marilyn Monroe quote is this one, though the exact wording depends on who wrote it out,

"I'm pretty, but I'm not beautiful. I sin, but I'm not the devil. I'm good, but I'm not an angel. I am just a small girl in a big world trying to find someone to love."

No matter how phooey this world seems sometimes, it is the place we can find love, love another person, and be loved.

SORRY !!!!!!!!!

“Life is an opportunity, benefit from it.
Life is beauty, admire it.
Life is a dream, realize it.
Life is a challenge, meet it.
Life is a duty, complete it.
Life is a game, play it.
Life is a promise, fulfill it.
Life is sorrow, overcome it.
Life is a song, sing it.
Life is a struggle, accept it.
Life is a tragedy, confront it.
Life is an adventure, dare it.
Life is luck, make it.
Life is too precious, do not destroy it.
Life is life, fight for it.”

― Mother Teresa

Corylea said:
I'm having a bad day, one of those "life sucks and then you die" days when life seems as if it's just not worth the trouble.

So, I was wondering: what makes YOUR life worth living? What makes you smile, what gives you pleasure, what causes you satisfaction?

Besides the Witcher games, of course. ;)/>

my 2 kids, and hope in my heart to see Half-life 3

guipit said:
Don't worry you'll be a professional basketball player someday just don't give up lol.
My dreams are not so grandiose, I assure you.

I dream of being well enough to
Go for a walk
Have a dog
Have a job
Drive across town to my friends' houses and hang out with them
Travel

Except possibly for that last one, it doesn't seem like too much to ask for.

But there are happy quadriplegics, and I am less disabled than that, so I know I shouldn't complain, and mostly I don't. My limitations just get to me sometimes.

I appreciate all of the replies that people have posted so far -- except possibly the one I've quoted above :p -- and I'm always amazed at how eloquent and wise ordinary people can be. Not that any Witcher is ever truly ordinary :D, but most of the folks here aren't any sort of recognized expert, and yet so many of you are wise.

And to those who've shared that you, too, are struggling, may your pain soon be healed.

Hugs to all of you.

Guest 2091327

slimgrin said:
I've been steeped in that mindset for years. It gets you nowhere.

Probably not, but it is how things are. I try to be kind, to be nice to people, to be understanding. But what do I get back for it? People steal my stuff, mistreat me and whatever have you. It's not fun to live in a world (both the big and small) where people with "sharp elbows" and cunty attitudes get what they want out of life, and the people who try to be nice to others are lying in the gutter. It's not the type of world I wanted to live in. It's not the type of world I wanted to create (and I did try to fight that at one time). But now I'm just fed up, fed up of all the fucking shit that goes down.

But I suppose I serve a purpose. Without losers there can't be winners either.

The one small joy I had was to play a bit of games now and then, watch movies or TV series and generally surf the internet. Well, I bloody well can't even do that now. Just an hour ago the power went out aGAIN. I suppose sitting in bed and reading a book with the light on is sucking too fucking much power out of the fusebox.

I hoped moving to a new city would be good, but overall it really hasn't been.

Maybe I'm just not meant for this world. Maybe in 10,000 years, if mankind haven't managed to kill each other off by then (probably preferable to spreading to new planets or solar systems), maybe we have evolved to a state where it's possible to live and enjoy life without being surrounded by cunts.

Forum veteran
Pangaea said:
It's not fun to live in a world (both the big and small) where people with "sharp elbows" and cunty attitudes get what they want out of life, and the people who try to be nice to others are lying in the gutter.
Best person I ever knew was in a "lying in the gutter" kind of situation once upon a time. The most depressed, deadened, and empty people I've ever known have been the ones who get everything they want. Not much for platitudes, but adversity really does build character.

Besides, I'm glad that we don't live in a world where niceness means getting out of that metaphorical and sometimes literal gutter. The way things are, it can exist for its own sake rather than just being a tool of the self-concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom