What missed in the witcher 3?

+
1: I personally would like to see more monster types.
2: I would also like more differences between the types. Fighting a griffin is not any different to fighting a shrieker/cockatrice.
3: I would like to see a bit more variety in enemy attacks. I find a wyvern much easier than drowners. Some of these bigger/tougher monsters should be more relentless at times in their attacks...similar to drowners and nekkers. Sometimes drowners and nekkers are relentless when attacking. Bears are also really easy to fight...they are not really a threat at all.
4: I also believe geralt recovers too quickly from effects like stagger and stun. Maybe this could be tied to his armour type and the amount of stamina left. He always seems to recover before enemies can do anything.
5: When in combat geralt should move around quicker in light armour. Maybe roll and dodge a little quicker too. When in heavy armour his movement is slower,as well as his rolls and dodges.
6: Stamina regen in light armour is a joke compaired to medium armour. Especially when the school perks are chosen. Apart from looks and the extra damage from cat gear ( which is not needed anyway ) there is no reason to choose light armour.
7: Though not popular around here,I do believe some form of level scaling would help this game more replayability ,and exploration wise. You don't have to use level scaling on all enemies,and they don't all have to scale to your level. They could have ranges depending on your level. Like between 5-7 levels below you,up to 10-15 levels higher. That way there is still a threat from enemies,and there are also enemies that you feel powerful against. This would help other areas of the game to. It wouldn't make going back to white orchid pointless. I not saying everything should level up there when you go back...but there should be new threats. As well as ranges level wise,you could also add more enemies in certain circumstances.
8: Radiant quests/witcher contracts. Basically repeatable quests/contracts that could be given anywhere in any area. These can also use the level scaling idea with ranges. So you don't know if the contract is easy or hard.
9: Quen maybe needs toning down a bit. I also believe it should not stop poison ,bleeding. The game is easy enough as it is.

That's all for now,may add more.

Better armor glyphs, ATM every single glyph for armor is sign based. There is not a single conventional armor glyph in this game.

I think he means wyverns because they are the main type. Forktails are a variation of wyverns , at least i think....Apart from that i would also like to have some post-end activities to keep the game alive and a reason to use your money like more gwent tournaments with high stakes (e.g. 10000 crowns) just for the heck of it.

Last edited:
More politics. More options to change the tide of the war to one or another side. And more political options (Temeria, the Scoia'tel, Aedirn...)

Apart from this, the big fails has been the lack of consequences of our choices in the Witcher 2 Iorveth and Saskia and a post-game content/scenario showing the consequences of our choices.

Also, we have never seen the armies fighting between them. Only battlefields. I would add that too

More politics. More options to change the tide of the war to one or another side. And more political options (Temeria, the Scoia'tel, Aedirn...)

Apart from this, the big fails has been the lack of consequences of our choices in the Witcher 2 Iorveth and Saskia and a post-game content/scenario showing the consequences of our choices.

Also, we have never seen the armies fighting between them. Only battlefields. I would add that too

Should be a way to make Geralt rule. haha
And I wanna get inside the tower called tor gvalch'ca... with Geralt.

Hey dude they actually read and post on this forum.
Canary Islands huh? Ive been to arguineguin like 15 times. Great place.

Arguineguin? So you must be british or german. The south of my island is almost invaded by them xD

I know the read and post in this forum, but they don't read everything.

- The lack of enigmas/riddles and depth in quests

- The combat system is quite basic, you fight a wraith like you would fight a bear, just hit it until it dies.

- The game is helping the player so much i.e you don't need to read books letters since conclusion are automatically drawn! all secret markers on the map are known, which alongside fast travel, make exploration useless.

Arguineguin? So you must be british or german. The south of my island is almost invaded by them xD

I know the read and post in this forum, but they don't read everything.

Norwegian. And this was back 20-15 years ago when I went there 2 times a year. Now its not as nice as it used to be.
They dont read everything thats true, but if you post in threads where they allready replied Im sure you can get them to see how you feel.

Monsters:
Bruxa
Manticore
Dragon (not more than one)

Same quality plot quests in the second half of game as they were in the first half. ohhh ok, at least... Extended epilogue with more detailed description of world which is left after finishing the game. There's no sense in asking to remake the ending I guess... it's extremely poor as for finishing the Trilogy (and compared to Velen main quests), so I'd hope for epilogue at least...

Adjust the economic part of game - make the money necessary somehow. Adjust the quality of items (currently almost everything except witcher sets is a complete junk) - I wouldn't mind if the overall number is reduced a bit. Change the look of some armor and swords - in Witcher and Witcher 2, for example, Raven's armor (neutral) and Forgotten Vran's sword were AMAZING... I can't really think of any sword or armor which truly looks magnificent in W3 - everything is too fancy, casual and anime style.

Create "New game+" with adjusted level of monsters and some random monsters/bandits (not only "?" sings).

I'd be absolutely delighted if 50% of my wishes are made true in future :)

p.s. Not saying that Witcher 3 is a bad game, by no means! Just proposing a few things to glorify the masterpiece!

sweet jesus, the mechanics. the nightmare mechanics. I like a ton about this game, but it was physically hard for me to play. Geralt on my rig was virtually uncontrollable, although some tweaks courtesy of some folks here made it a little easier. next time, less boob physics and more character movement physics?
Edit: and tied to this, interior cameras were pretty poor. That needed quite a bit of work.

i've played through twice and I can't get past this one issue. It overwhelms everything else, at least in my experience. One of the worst mechanical games I've ever played. And I've been doing this a long time.

Story wise and adventure wise, less redundant treasure hunts and maybe more narrative ties in side quests. It was the best part of the game, IMO. Loved that characters could pop up occasionally in fetch quests and cross over into different quests. That was very, very cool.

A minor thing, but probably some more monster contracts. That is sorta my job. I wound up playing Geralt a bit too much like a Paladin because the xp system compelled me to.

sweet jesus, the mechanics. the nightmare mechanics. I like a ton about this game, but it was physically hard for me to play. Geralt on my rig was virtually uncontrollable, although some tweaks courtesy of some folks here made it a little easier. next time, less boob physics and more character movement physics?
Edit: and tied to this, interior cameras were pretty poor. That needed quite a bit of work.

i've played through twice and I can't get past this one issue. It overwhelms everything else, at least in my experience. One of the worst mechanical games I've ever played. And I've been doing this a long time.

Story wise and adventure wise, less redundant treasure hunts and maybe more narrative ties in side quests. It was the best part of the game, IMO. Loved that characters could pop up occasionally in fetch quests and cross over into different quests. That was very, very cool.

A minor thing, but probably some more monster contracts. That is sorta my job. I wound up playing Geralt a bit too much like a Paladin because the xp system compelled me to.

Interesting, from my point of view, since i am also doing this for a long time, the mechanics of this game are one of the best so far.
It might be just me, but i really like this type of movement /combat interaction.
I would prefer just few more camera options.

As far as them game goes :

- more contracts
- more beasts in wilderness
- more vampires deffinitly
- few missing characters from the past
- maybe few more quests with other mages, so you get to know them better
- much more expensions in future xD

and less loot perhaps

Interesting, from my point of view, since i am also doing this for a long time, the mechanics of this game are one of the best so far.
It might be just me, but i really like this type of movement /combat interaction.
I would prefer just few more camera options.

As far as them game goes :

- more contracts
- more beasts in wilderness
- more vampires deffinitly
- few missing characters from the past
- maybe few more quests with other mages, so you get to know them better
- much more expensions in future xD

and less loot perhaps

i'm sure that there are systems where this games mechanics work out better than mine. Geralt's walk is the only controllable movement on my rig but it's too slow to use as a playing speed. The second yo try to run or jog him, he's utterly out of control. Overruning the command ends by quite a bit (and frequently off cliffs to his doom), overturning and getting hung up on fence pixels, that sort of thing. Some of that might be the way the movement system deals with command lag from button humping. But that's something most players do, and they should account for it (I mean, holding buttons down until the location you want to be at arrives.).

we do agree on ost everything else, so that's good! the wolven gear obliterates any need for loot at all. If I play this again, I won't get it next time. Love the gear but it totally unbalances the game. I'm wy too overpowered for the world at level 18 or so already.

More vampires,
some striga(s) maybe,
more interactions with major NPCs,
better balance when it comes to games difficulties,
some real sea monsters,
some very big monsters (something like Kayran in TW2),
big waves,when there is a storm,
etc .. :)

the wolven gear obliterates any need for loot at all. If I play this again, I won't get it next time. Love the gear but it totally unbalances the game. I'm wy too overpowered for the world at level 18 or so already.
For obvious reasons my first playthrough was by far the best, but finding that next sword or armour set which is better came a close second to the story and quests. Once you discover the witcher sets however, its nye impossible to not use them, for one, your a witcher and there witcher sets, and two there the best armour in the game.
The way I see it, the crafting of weapons and armours need to be specific to your level and the level of the craftsman, that way you would use the weapon of your choice rather than being kinda forced to use witcher gear.

Just finished my second playthrough. Once on Normal, once on Death March. I don't think anything should or need to be changed. Game is an absolute masterpiece.

This that are in my opinion missing all:

* Alot of the older Witcher Potions
* Traps and Throwing Daggers
* Craftign Schemes for Masterful Potions and Bombs (you can upgrade gear to masterfulo, so should be everything else too)
* New Game Plus Mode
* Tons of NPCs fronm the previous Games
* Alot of missing Gwent Cards from previous Games of Monsters, NPCs and Regions, why is there no Skellige Set??
* Alot of Monsters and Creatures from the previous Games, including huge Monsters, like Kayran, Dragon, Kraken ect.)
* At least 1 more killable Doppler to fix the problem of beign able to receive a Doppler Decoction as like the Gwyhyr Lvl 42 Sword Schematic
* Alot more Sex Options (Saskia, Shani, Van Atrre Daughters, Adda, Bar Women, Priscilla, Vampires, Succubus, Elves, Dryads ect., TW1 had so much more to offer)
* Alcohol having a useful gameplay feature again like in TW1
* An integrated very rewarding Combat Arena, not like TW2 where it was just an unimportant side feature
* Juke Box Mode to be able to hear the Soundtrack and Songs of the game whenever you like ingame.
* Art Gallery Mode to be able to see Artworks and Concept Arts of the Game, when you unlock them via playing through the game and in the Arena
* Figurine Mode to be able to look at all kinds of Character and Monster Models of the Game, unlockign them via playing through the game and in the Arena
* A complete Viper Gear Set with the option to upgrade it liek all other Witcher Scool gear Sets
* More Quest Decision Options including Follow Up Quests, so that quest lines like Family Matters or the quest with the fencing Van Attre Daughter could end up also nicely with happy endings and not with silyl conflicts and unsatisfying ends regardless of which decisions you made.
* A much better balanced Reward System, that rewards you not mostly all of the time with total useless garbage, but instead with level appropiate weapons and gear according to Geralts Character Progression. When I do a Level 24 Quest, then i want to see beign rewarded also with Level 24 items fitting to my level and not with lvl 12 crap!
* Making Red Skull Enemy defeats really rewarding and givign the player a real incentive to go for the challenge to beat them, while you are underpowered, like instant level ups, extra skill points as bonus on top of the one you get from the instant level up, unique equipment rewards that you receive only if you beat them ,while you are underpowered ect. pp, but as the game is right now, you do beat to simply avoid them all and come somewhen alot later back to wipe with them the floor in no time, when you are much stronge,r as theres no incentive, no reward at all to go for the challenge of beating much strogner enemies in TW3 - sadly ...
* Adding of Missing Character/Monster Entries in the Glossary
* More interactive Tools that allow Geralt to do special things in the Game world, like a Grappling Hook, like Diver Equipment, like some kind of Magical Gloves for telekinetic powers, like a Cloak that can make you temporarely invisible (Stealth Gameplay from TW2)
* An Option to play the whole game in the view of Ciri instead of Geralt to have Ciri actually become a full secondary playable character for the whole game to experience the whole story of the game out of her view with Ciri having her complete own Skill and Ability Sets.
* With alot of monsters fro the previous games missing, naturally also more Contracts, also more complex contracts, other than this permanent use of senses only to find the creatures
*More Minigames, other than only Gwint (permanent Boxing , Fishing, Throwing Darts, Billard, Boccia, Chess, ect.)
* Rebalance of Economy and Loot, making especialyl equipment more useful and scaleable
* More Expansions with more explorable Regionsin genral for the future, don't the the World map end up beign so empty with only 4 explorable regions of like 10+
* More Explorable Types, other than only Rifts, Treasures, Monster Nests, Lost Places, Lamp Spots, Rescuable Persons, Power Spots.
There could be added new explorable types, like Dungeons/Ruins, places that work like zelda like places that you can discover and explore, where you can find some strong optional boss monsters to fight against for special loot/abilities which unlock new features for GHeralt with that he can explore new parts of the world, where he could't get to before, like finding in such a Dungeon said Grappling Hook, that from that point on allows you to reach alot new places, that you couldnt reach before....
They could be also a different form of new Monster Nests, so called Monster Hatcheries, which woudl be much more dangerous Monster Nests with significantly muhc denser monster activities and alot strogner monsters also there that protect them.like for example Endrega/Kikimore Caves full with hundreds of them and with Queens of them to slay to rot out these hatcheries.

God I could brainstorm for hours further, this game has so extreme much potential to become alot better

I remember one of the very things I've searched on the internet after I made my pre-order, was about random bosses/events. In my opinion, this is the thing the game lacks the most.
One of the aspects that I most enjoyed in Skyrim, was the random dragon in the wilds or attacking a village. In this game it's very easy to NOT stumble in something that's already marked in the map (not counting minor enemies like wolves, nekkers, etc). The only thing you might stumble on is a monster guarding witcher gear or a contract, and even then I prefer not to do it because I have more fun doing the all process of talk to someone, investigate, you know the drill :) .

I really think this game is a masterpiece, and although there are (many) little things that could be improved, more randomness would make the game more alive and change it to a perfect masterpiece ;)

(sorry for my bad english)

Just finished my second playthrough. Once on Normal, once on Death March. I don't think anything should or need to be changed. Game is an absolute masterpiece.

I allmost agree. but I want more.. more witcher and Im sure it will be pretty sweet with the new patch if it runs even smoother and less loading time.

Top Bottom