What monsters do you have the most trouble with?

+
What monsters do you have the most trouble with?

i think so far aghouls are giving me the most trouble. any tips?

i think so far aghouls are giving me the most trouble. any tips?

What kind of problems? Use Axii for make them retracting their spikes.

Anyway Drowners or Nekkers, even wolves sometimes, are quite bothering for me, because they tend to swarm me. But I just need to try new tactics.

What kind of problems? Use Axii for make them retracting their spikes.

Anyway Drowners or Nekkers, even wolves sometimes, are quite bothering for me, because they tend to swarm me. But I just need to try new tactics.

Thanks i was having trouble with 2 close together in a cave that worked first try. :)

Early levels, wolves. Only because they're fast and hunt in packs. Can't really think of anything else, not because I'm an ace gamer, but because all enemies only have 2 or 3 attack patterns that they share with other enemies. As such nothing really to worry about as far as being caught out. That's not to say I don't die, I do, however most of my deaths come from being impatient rather than enemies being too tough or annoying.

Another bad habit I have is not paying attention to my health bar. So many times I've only noticed I'm down to my last slither as I'm being finished off.

Drowner and wolf packs can be annoying. Or high lvl monsters in Velen when you're right off the tutorial. There's one particular leshen guarding a treasure which is problematic too... Not the leshen itself but the ridiculous amount of lvl 20+ wolves that come to it's aid.

yeah i get impatient at times thinking i can just hack and slash dodge and roll my way through and after dieing about 5 times i get my focus together and try new tactics then ask myself why didnt i do that to begin with. kinda like the aghoul thing i mentioned before.

Drowners are a nightmare, regardless of level. Especially on Death March. I even found them horrible to deal with on normal/hard difficulty, they're so fucking OP compared to the previous games.

Wraiths are insane as well, especially when there's a group of them. I found an elven ruin near the cave you go in with Keira to defeat one of the Wild Hunt commanders early in the game, at the elven ruin there were about 5 wraiths. That was an absolute nightmare. And if you find yourself in a tight interior space with them, you're fucked.

A large pack of wolves, lets say 10 or so can be troublesome as well, there isn't really a "group" fighting style in this game which is quite annoying. There is the Whirl skill, which can be useful in certain situations - but in the open world monsters can just dodge or leap backward so you just end up wasting stamina.

I just beat a level 48 Royal Griffin. Took me 7 tries to get that sucker down. Best fight of the game for me.

Fiends, it is very hard to get decent hits in on them before they knock you on your ass, and the bestiary claims they are weak against Devil's Puffball and Samum, but Samum does f***k-all to them and even Superior Devil's Puffball barely scratches their health even if you somehow find a way to keep them standing in the poison cloud.

They are still fun to fight though, I think it's partly because they are so rare that it's hard to find a decent strategy against them.

You're sure it's level 48? I never found a creature above level 35 in the game. Where is it located?
small island North of the main skellige island. He was pretty easy though just took a bit of time at level 35. Just took a bit of time.

Also the enemy swarms become ridiculously easy if you have a decent armor because they only do chip damage then. Human enemies can be pretty brutal the ones with a shield are hard to hit and the ones with two handed weapons to some of the highest damage in the game with their heavy hits. Even if it is some shitty lower leveled bandit but good armor helps with that as well.

Fiends, it is very hard to get decent hits in on them before they knock you on your ass, and the bestiary claims they are weak against Devil's Puffball and Samum, but Samum does f***k-all to them and even Superior Devil's Puffball barely scratches their health even if you somehow find a way to keep them standing in the poison cloud.

They are still fun to fight though, I think it's partly because they are so rare that it's hard to find a decent strategy against them.
Dancing Stars work really well against fiends despite what the bestiary says. In fact I'd say its the most versatile and useful bomb in the game. As long as the enemy isn't a wraith Dancing Star will set them on fire and stun all but the largest enemies. Coupled with the flamethrower ignii skill you can just burn entire groups of enemies to ash.

For me it's Jenny of the Woods, she can split to 3 and heal, I didn't know the trick at that time, reducing 1/3 of her HP was already painful and took me long enough, but then she healed up. After A LOT of tries and ended up dead all the time, I went to youtube for info, watched how it's done, and killed her in like 10 minutes. That was a good fight and very engaging.

For me it's Jenny of the Woods, she can split to 3 and heal, I didn't know the trick at that time, reducing 1/3 of her HP was already painful and took me long enough, but then she healed up. After A LOT of tries and ended up dead all the time, I went to youtube for info, watched how it's done, and killed her in like 10 minutes. That was a good fight and very engaging.

Wraith bosses in general, Pesta was also incredibly hard on DM with her cloud of poisonous filies.

But yeah, drowners take the price. After two playthroughs (around 190 hs playtime) I think my death stats would look something like: 100 times killed by drowners, 70 by everything else combines

i find mind controlling those wolf packs works to thin their numbers a bit. unless you didnt go that route in the skills. the mind controlling works with big groups of soldiers good to. btw do you get exp when you use that and the thing you mind controled gets the kill? i been meaning to see but i always forget to look.

Top Bottom