What needs to happen to fix Monsters

+
Yes she does, especially in a short round. We will NEVER see Ozzrel again with this card around. And to make things even better you can play her twice :)
I thought this was about you arguing that SY can't beat MO. When did this turn into a "let's nerf Mammuna" discussion? Besides, i saw most people already said that she should be changed to deploy so that you can't play her with Caranthir (and i agree with that) so what's the problem?

Gerni is an engine, as is self eater and apprentice. All the sabbath decks rely on engines.
Yes, but I said he then pointslams Mammuna x2, Rat Catcheress and so on. In a round with four or five cards you then need a very fast and efficient set-up for Drill and even then it's usually not enough for me.

You don't kill Mammuna with Drill. You kill all the engines with Drill. All you need is a bounty on a high unit and you can easily slam around 30 points in 1 turn with Drill.
Mammuna doesn't seem so "broken" anymore, does it?
Mammuna is way more broken than drill, even though drill needs a nerf (perhaps simply higher provision cost). Until relicts are properly nerfed I don't want to see any SY nerfs though since they are the most painful faction against relicts. I used drill+yrden for pro rank this season since it was the biggest relict slayer I could think of.

I would have liked to play some of my favourite decks for the rank this season but the relicts simply wanted to ruin my fun, so I returned the favour.

I thought this was about you arguing that SY can't beat MO. When did this turn into a "let's nerf Mammuna" discussion? Besides, i saw most people already said that she should be changed to deploy so that you can't play her with Caranthir (and i agree with that) so what's the problem?
Umm, wasn't it YOU who started saying Mammuna isn't op? Of course she is the problem, I lose these games because of her. If anyone doesn't really make sense then it's you, I'm sorry. And we're talking about the current state, and as far as I know she doesn't have Deploy yet. That's the problem.
Post automatically merged:

Mammuna is way more broken than drill, even though drill needs a nerf (perhaps simply higher provision cost). Until relicts are properly nerfed I don't want to see any SY nerfs though since they are the most painful faction against relicts. I used drill+yrden for pro rank this season since it was the biggest relict slayer I could think of.

I would have liked to play some of my favourite decks for the rank this season but the relicts simply wanted to ruin my fun, so I returned the favour.
Wouldn't go that far, but she is incredibly annoying and such a cheap card to set up. She's definitely on par with Drill. If this is the direction the game wants to go in the future then I will take a break again. So many cards with Order or engines around that play for much more value than they should if left unanswered for a single turn.

Last edited:

Guest 4375874

Yes she does, especially in a short round. We will NEVER see Ozzrel again with this card around. And to make things even better you can play her twice :)
Mamuna isn't so much the problem as the cards she interacts with. Namely the other relics, I don't particularly like how the card is designed but I don't think it's anymore busted than Melusine

Umm.....NO. Denying your opponent from playing or setting up any cards on the board is forever more busted than any other card in the game. Removal is more valuable than boosts. It's why removal cards are higher provision than the ones that boost...Drill takes that to the extreme and is too cheap for what it does. The entire coin system is.

I've already mentioned before how the only decks that always beat my MO deck in ranked (ranks 3 to 0) were NR,NG and SY. NR might not be too broken but NG and SY are far more out of hand than MO so if any factions need tunning down, it's those.
From what i saw most people agree that SY is by far the most broken faction atm so i don't see the point in even debating this.

Umm, wasn't it YOU who started saying Mammuna isn't op? Of course she is the problem, I lose these games because of her. If anyone doesn't really make sense then it's you, I'm sorry. And we're talking about the current state, and as far as I know she doesn't have Deploy yet. That's the problem.
I only said that when you consider her and her provisions you should also take into consideration the other cards that are needed for the combo. I don't think i said she doesn't need a slight adjustment

And as far as "she doesn't have deploy yet" ok... So your plan is to keep repeating that till they actually change it? Got news for you mate, people have been complaining about Yennefer's Invocation for years. Nothing changed. Tunnel Drill same thing. It only got a provision nerf, didn't even slow the card down and nothing changed again.

Things don't change just because people make noise on the forums. But hey if you wanna keep at it, by all means, go ahead.

Mamuna isn't so much the problem as the cards she interacts with. Namely the other relics, I don't particularly like how the card is designed but I don't think it's anymore busted than Melusine
Well Melusine can be heatwaved or squirreled, while Mammuna is unanswered pointslam

Last edited:
Wouldn't go that far, but she is incredibly annoying and such a cheap card to set up. She's definitely on par with Drill. If this is the direction the game wants to go in the future then I will take a break again. So many cards with Order or engines around that play for much more value than they should if left unanswered for a single turn.
Well, the difference is there is only 1 drill not two, and the drill requires setup (let's not pretend having played a round counts as setup) and coin to use. Mammuna is just an instant point slam with an undeserved zeal. You know something is seriously wrong when it's not a bad idea to heatwave 5 provision cost cards.

Well, the difference is there is only 1 drill not two, and the drill requires setup (let's not pretend having played a round counts as setup) and coin to use. Mammuna is just an instant point slam with an undeserved zeal. You know something is seriously wrong when it's not a bad idea to heatwave 5 provision cost cards.
Yeah, you're right. And it's absolutely beyond me why devs decided to leave interesting archetypes like Wild Hunt behind and instead gave MO this abomination.

Pro player here, been in pro rank for last 7 months (when I restarted playing gwent after years of inactivity, I reached pro rank in beta too). Monsters are good, they have a top 5 deck, but still no where near close to syndicate decks, especially iined pockets with bounty. Syndicate won't even let monsters reach sabbath in any of the 3 rounds. Absolutely destroys monsters.

Monsters go very even, point wise, with Spellatael, and edge out old popular meta decks like NR Foltest/stripes or seige, but lose to control heavy NG or SK. Monsters will beat most mill or thin type decks because they put out too much value if they reach sabbath.

I would say the best decks are not much different from last season, in the top 3:

1. Syndicate (Lined Pockets or Jackpot both OP, "The Scoundrel" is completely broken and is worth at least 13 provisions, not 10)
2. SK Reckless flurry Control (still easily beats monsters, lol, you'll be lucky to hit sabbath even one round)
3. Nilfguaard Ball decks with lots of poison/locks and Cahir
4/5. Spellatael or Relict Monsters. These decks both output similar amount of points over 3 rounds, consistently finishing within ~5 points of each other, the winner of these matchups rely heavily on tech cards to determine the winner.

Therefore, all the whining about monsters is just noob stuff. The truth is that both monsters and spellatael are the two best point generating decks this meta, and the decks that beat them also happen to beat just about every other deck (the top 3 decks). I think monsters get the most hate because they've been trash for so long, people are upset they have a viable deck again and streamers have been showing them off so they become popular and everyone faces them in games. But once you get past rank 3, you see tons of SY/SK/NG all day because those decks just kill anything you play and make tons of points in the process.

It's nice that Viy has been replaced with a monster deck that actually has interactive cards like self-eater.

Before nerfing monsters, there are other way more problematic decks that deserve a nerf first, especially Syndicate's unlimited tempo coin broken combos with bounty.
that decks rank is ....interesting considering stats so far
stats.png

Guest 4375874

setup? you mean removing cards while you acquire coins? Let's not pretend the coin "setup" is comparable. It's a setup that the opponent cannot prevent or interact with. Every other mechanic can be disrupted. You can disrupt Sabbath. You however cannot prevent SY from getting coins. I'm not even defending Sabbath, I dislike it completely but SY is on a different level.

that decks rank is ....interesting considering stats so far
View attachment 11245021
The fact that this suggests MO had a 60% win rate since JUNE 6th means it's not worth the time. I could understand since patch but otherwise it's not worth noting.

Edit: Ah my bad I saw 6 and not 8 for some reason :/

Last edited by a moderator:
setup? you mean removing cards while you acquire coins? Let's not pretend the coin "setup" is comparable. It's a setup that the opponent cannot prevent or interact with. Every other mechanic can be disrupted. You can disrupt Sabbath. You however cannot prevent SY from getting coins. I'm not even defending Sabbath, I dislike it completely but SY is on a different level.

The fact that this suggests MO had a 60% win rate since JUNE 6th means it's not worth the time. I could understand since patch but otherwise it's not worth noting
Drill needs two adjacent Crownsplitters, which, if you've already used Justice/Cleaver in round one or two and didn't draw the other (trust me, this happens with SY) can only be achieved very inefficiently. Against NG your pocket very often gets destroyed by spies. Mammuna only needs one (or two) bronzes in the graveyard you want to play anyway because they're all very strong.

The fact that this suggests MO had a 60% win rate since JUNE 6th means it's not worth the time. I could understand since patch but otherwise it's not worth noting
Mate its last 10 days where do you see June:coolstory:

Drill needs two adjacent Crownsplitters, which, if you've already used Justice/Cleaver in round one or two and didn't draw the other (trust me, this happens with SY) can only be achieved very inefficiently. Against NG your pocket very often gets destroyed by spies. Mammuna only needs one (or two) bronzes in the graveyard you want to play anyway because they're all very strong.
Gimme a break. All those things apply to Mammuna as well. You need Justice/Cleaver in order from Drill to work? So you have 2 options? Well guess what, if we want 2 Mammunas our only option is drawing Caranthir. So in that regard is way easier to brick.

You can get your combo messed up by draws? Same goes for Mammuna. You don't draw a griffin 1st round? Use a charge from Oniromancy to get the combo. You drew too many cards in round 3 and you got Griffin in had? Too band! There's goes your combo. So TRUST ME, it's way easier to brick a Mammuna combo than a Drill one.

I'm not against changing Mammuna to deploy but what you're doing is nitpicking at this point that makes no sense just to defend an even more broken card (Tunnel Drill).

DC9V

Forum veteran
I'm having quite some fun in casual :)
Mosters OP.png

It's the first time someone got mad at me after a match:
skelligfullofmemecards.png
(I guess "skellig" means "book"...)

Guest 4375874

LOL because that's hard? Come on mate, NG has littered the ladder for months. If it was such a deterrent to SY how do you explain SY performance over the last several months? NG almost always has the highest play rate.

You can remove the crownsplitters and/or flip them to different rows etc, Mammuna comes onto the board and that's it. It's not even comparable. So let's not talk about "interaction".

Gimme a break. All those things apply to Mammuna as well. You need Justice/Cleaver in order from Drill to work? So you have 2 options? Well guess what, if we want 2 Mammunas our only option is drawing Caranthir. So in that regard is way easier to brick.

You can get your combo messed up by draws? Same goes for Mammuna. You don't draw a griffin 1st round? Use a charge from Oniromancy to get the combo. You drew too many cards in round 3 and you got Griffin in had? Too band! There's goes your combo. So TRUST ME, it's way easier to brick a Mammuna combo than a Drill one.

I'm not against changing Mammuna to deploy but what you're doing is nitpicking at this point that makes no sense just to defend an even more broken card (Tunnel Drill).
Not really in the mood to answer this fully, but these are the things that caught my attention the most: You run Oneiro in this deck all the time which makes it way easier to get Caranthir (SY is Devotion at the moment), that's definitely not "way easier to brick". For Mammuna you mustn't draw Griffin or Gan, for Drill you HAVE to draw either Justice or Cleaver which is a massive difference. You can easily get rid of Drill by killing it, locking, moving. Mammuna doesn't even go very tall which makes Heatwave a massive downtrade. And please stop saying that I want to "defend" Drill, I'm just saying that Mammuna is even worse than Drill (which is also too strong) at the moment. Thank you.

LOL because that's hard? Come on mate, NG has littered the ladder for months. If it was such a deterrent to SY how do you explain SY performance over the last several months? NG almost always has the highest play rate.
Yes, it CAN be hard. I've seen a lot of Drills that only deal two damage while every Mammuna played for a humble 18-20 points in one turn.

I've already mentioned before how the only decks that always beat my MO deck in ranked (ranks 3 to 0) were NR,NG and SY. NR might not be too broken but NG and SY are far more out of hand than MO so if any factions need tunning down, it's those.
From what i saw most people agree that SY is by far the most broken faction atm so i don't see the point in even debating this.

I only said that when you consider her and her provisions you should also take into consideration the other cards that are needed for the combo. I don't think i said she doesn't need a slight adjustment

And as far as "she doesn't have deploy yet" ok... So your plan is to keep repeating that till they actually change it? Got news for you mate, people have been complaining about Yennefer's Invocation for years. Nothing changed. Tunnel Drill same thing. It only got a provision nerf, didn't even slow the card down and nothing changed again.

Things don't change just because people make noise on the forums. But hey if you wanna keep at it, by all means, go ahead.
Ok I see, it's pretty pointless to answer this any further. This thread is here to discuss the current situation and if you don't want this, then you're wrong here. MO are obviously overtuned and they will get their adjustments at the end of the season. Hopefully devs don't forget to buff some other cards, but the current state is unacceptable.

Last edited:
Not really in the mood to answer this fully, but these are the things that caught my attention the most: You run Oneiro in this deck all the time which makes it way easier to get Caranthir (SY is Devotion at the moment), that's definitely not "way easier to brick". For Mammuna you mustn't draw Griffin or Gan, for Drill you HAVE to draw either Justice or Cleaver which is a massive difference. You can easily get rid of Drill by killing it, locking, moving. Mammuna doesn't even go very tall which makes Heatwave a massive downtrade. And please stop saying that I want to "defend" Drill, I'm just saying that Mammuna is even worse than Drill (which is also too strong) at the moment. Thank you.

Yes, it CAN be hard. I've seen a lot of Drills that only deal two damage while every Mammuna played for a humble 18-20 points in one turn.
1. If you don't have Mammuna in hand then there's no point in using Oniro on Caranthir so yes, it is easy to brick.
2. SY has many more thinning options than MO so it's next to impossible to not draw drill and cleaver.
3. Drill doesn't get killed or locked before slamming down those 30 points. If that's the case it's the players fault for not piloting the deck right.
4. If Mammuna doesn't go very tall and it's not worth countering then why are you complaining about her? :))
5. All you did is defend Drill in this topic so forgive me if i call it like i see it. And yes, it is worse than Mammuna. As you can see, most people agree on this. You're the only one who insists that's not the case.

1. If you don't have Mammuna in hand then there's no point in using Oniro on Caranthir so yes, it is easy to brick.
2. SY has many more thinning options than MO so it's next to impossible to not draw drill and cleaver.
3. Drill doesn't get killed or locked before slamming down those 30 points. If that's the case it's the players fault for not piloting the deck right.
4. If Mammuna doesn't go very tall and it's not worth countering then why are you complaining about her? :))
5. All you did is defend Drill in this topic so forgive me if i call it like i see it. And yes, it is worse than Mammuna. As you can see, most people agree on this. You're the only one who insists that's not the case.
Are you even serious about point 4? Damn, so much stuff in this post that shows me it's a very bad idea to go on with this conversation. That's why I'm out of this now :)

Top Bottom