What new technologies exist today that was not present when Cyberpunk was created?

+
Why are you thinking about Sard's penis? Does Sard know how often you think about his penis? Do you think about other peoples penis's? Whose penis are you thinking about right now?

Shouldn't this discussion be in the "Little Things" thread? If you don't get back on-topic, I'll start to remove whatever it is you're talking about.

Shouldn't this discussion be in the "Little Things" thread? If you don't get back on-topic, I'll start to remove whatever it is you're talking about.

Hey! Hey! Skype is a modern technology not present in CP2020. Of course you know that, being totally familiar with Cyberpunk 2020 as you should be, right? Hmm?

Also, I'll have you know I'm informed size doesn't matter. So there.

Thats not what the infomercials for male enhancement products that come on late night television and make me want to kill myself say....

Thats not what the infomercials for male enhancement products that come on late night television and make me want to kill myself say....

2020-2077 infomercials.

We should do this. Really. It could be a great way to demonstrate the changes from 2020 to 2077 in terms of products.

What's the list so far? Texting, hyper-common Net phones? Wireless clouds in cities? Organic foods? What else?

Blue tooth technology.... the ability to wirelessly connect electronics with each other... thats a pretty amazing thing...

Blue tooth technology.... the ability to wirelessly connect electronics with each other... thats a pretty amazing thing...

Except CP2020 had that with the CONTROL REMOTE command, albeit only for Runners and enterprising techies. I suppose the commonality of local radio protocols like Bluetooth is unexpected. In fact, the wireless network inside CP2020 cities is quite common. Outside cities apparently you need a phone jack. Heh. At least for netrunning.

I was just reading the corebook and ran across the line about cellular, portable Net connections being a great, if really expensive option. As long as you don't move.

I giggled.

Forum veteran
Smart phones actually have music production/DJing apps now. They're not as fully featured as a modern DAW, but that's the kind of thing that could probably be used to make a rockerboy more relevant. Distract a crowd with an on-the-fly remix or make people in a bathroom feel awkward or something.

Definitely more practical than lugging around a guitar case, though acoustic guitars are great for smuggling stuff. I'd love to see an acoustic guitar bomb.

Top Bottom