WHAT!? Oh man invisible walls?

+
OK so I get that you may need them to prevent the player from leaving a game area. But I was really enjoying being able to climb up and around ANYHTING for so long I assumed the DEV did not include the dreaded Invisible Walls in this game for anything other than maybe the limits of the game map.

But I was climb/jumping up a cat walk ladder (LOOK similar to a ladder but was not actually a game ladder) for a cat walk on the side of some kind of electrical generation building trying to track down a transponder (one of many I am suppose to jack into that are hidden in various high up locations ) for a quest.

I was able to get up to the edge of the catwalk then suddenly BOOM invisible wall stop me from walking the cat walk. These were just quonset hut like buildings

1610142663959.png

no more than 60 feet wide by 90 and only 10 feet tall. There was NO reason at all the player should not have been able to climb up on top of them.

That really bummed me out because now I know I will probably run into a lot of this when I thought I would be doing unlimited parkour on building tops as long as my creativity (to find perches) and jump and climb talent allowed it.

Icinix

Forum veteran
There is a lot of them.

I think it's the way the world is broken up into 3d spaces. You'll come across them randomly however you're moving through the world.

Think of the world like a polygonic rubix cube. Each one of those spaces allows for certain events, but it prevents flow on to spaces around it.

It's neat from a design standpoint and I think one of the reasons the game world has spectacular loading (or lack of) - but it does reduce the freedom of movement between those areas.

Phair

Forum regular
I have been a regular Spiderman in this game and have not ran into any invisible walls yet. But I have ran into a few places where I wish they had had them. I have gotten my character in a few places I should not have been able to and got stuck.

I don't think they're really that many invisible walls in the game overall.
Maybe in a some places where the developers really didn't think you should be going there.

There's invisible walls in the greenhouse area. They just plopped junk barriers on the roads. So you couldn't exit the open area of the map. Which I'm theorizing was a dropped section of map. The whole area has invisible walls. And cars driving through the make shift walls.

Invisible walls up on the overhead train tracks that run thru the city - but they can be climbed / jumped over.

Worst one was spending all that time to swim out to the island next to the space-launch island only to be "turned back". ugh..

Invisible walls up on the overhead train tracks that run thru the city - but they can be climbed / jumped over.

Worst one was spending all that time to swim out to the island next to the space-launch island only to be "turned back". ugh..

space-launch island, where is that at ?

If you finish the Rescuing Evelyn quest if you ever try to go back to the room she was held in, there a blatant invisible wall in the door frame. not allowing back in... I have no idea why this is....

I have been a regular Spiderman in this game and have not ran into any invisible walls yet. But I have ran into a few places where I wish they had had them. I have gotten my character in a few places I should not have been able to and got stuck.

I don't think they're really that many invisible walls in the game overall.
Maybe in a some places where the developers really didn't think you should be going there.

There were a few places where I couldn't jump on top of, or across some walls or fences. I don't remember exactly where they were but I remember the last place where I tried, the protein farm. I tried to get to a sidequest marker and in the end I had to use the main road :shrug: It's not like it bothered me, but it would have been nice to be able to use some other routes.

space-launch island, where is that at ?
Center map, all the way West in the water - almost directly west from the center of the city. There are two shuttles that occasionally launch; you can jump into the ocean and get fairly close..

There were a few places where I couldn't jump on top of, or across some walls or fences. I don't remember exactly where they were but I remember the last place where I tried, the protein farm. I tried to get to a sidequest marker and in the end I had to use the main road :shrug: It's not like it bothered me, but it would have been nice to be able to use some other routes.
Yeah. It seriously limits that area sadly.

OK I ran into my first invisible wall downtown, that seemed really stupid.
I was trying to get in position to use my sniper rifle, I was up on the building and tried to go to another part of it, made my jump, and slammed right into a invisible wall. And fell to my death #@#$. Lol

Top Bottom