What ONE side NPC would you like to be able to romance and maybe have additional content created for? Why?

+

Guest 4561861

On one of my threads the replies took a weird turn and went off on a dream date tangent. So, here is the question straight out.

Meredith Stout - as in, actual, full fledged romance subplot, because she is way too interesting to be a mere side note and her dominant presence as well as personality could open up a lot of interesting interactions and revelations about the corpo world from the insider perspective. The interactions between her and corpo V could've been very fun, as well as Johnny's snarky remarks.
Hell, maybe even give her entire side quest chain like Panam one, that could've led to a separate ending.
1669054003738.png

"WHAT ONE SIDE NPC WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE ABLE TO ROMANCE AND MAYBE HAVE ADDITIONAL CONTENT CREATED FOR? WHY?"

Matilda K. Rose. Because I just dig big beefed female bodybuilders with gigantic biceps and colossal thighs. Mega bummer the gaming industry deem those women "Mature only".

Meredith Stout - as in, actual, full fledged romance subplot, because she is way too interesting to be a mere side note and her dominant presence as well as personality could open up a lot of interesting interactions and revelations about the corpo world from the insider perspective. The interactions between her and corpo V could've been very fun, as well as Johnny's snarky remarks.
Hell, maybe even give her entire side quest chain like Panam one, that could've led to a separate ending.
View attachment 11330651
Agreed. Meredith is V's true love. Period. She has a dominant presence alright :sneaky:

Rita Wheeler.

Because her tough girl bouncer attitude is just her being a professional while at work, but outside of it she is a solitary daydreaming creative spirit who makes clay sculptures and admires nature, wishing Night City was a better place.

"WHAT ONE SIDE NPC WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE ABLE TO ROMANCE AND MAYBE HAVE ADDITIONAL CONTENT CREATED FOR? WHY?"

Matilda K. Rose. Because I just dig big beefed female bodybuilders with gigantic biceps and colossal thighs. Mega bummer the gaming industry deem those women "Mature only".
From a gameplay point of view I like this option because of what this could mean with your affiliation to the Animals and how this would/could impact the story.
The Animals I feel are an underrated and too little "screentime" type of enemy/faction. And Mathilda seems like a cool potential character.
Post automatically merged:

Personally I would like someone from the Nomads like Carol, Mitch.
Personally I think it would be cool if there was an option like in Mass Effect that determines who dies during the downing of the AV, so you could also have Scorpion as an option as substitute for Mitch for example.

Actually have sexy time with both of them. They're probably into that!
Daaaaaang! They TOTALLY give that vibe for a brief moment The first time I felt for a second, "wait... what's going on here... this isn't about to happen is it?"

I love the replies on here so far. Super fun.

I'd like Claire but her story would have to be a bit different. It wasn't that long ago her husband died and she's not in a place to start again. She might not ever be, or need to.

But she's cool, chill (minus the revenge part of course), remember's Jackie's recipe.

That is difficult.

I want the literal randos to become available for BFF-grade good night out, dating, screws, and such. That is the best there is, NC has so much variety. That is for me maybe.

My V isn't seeking a relationship, though. She's consumed in mourning her friend Jackie, looking for his remains, sending an army of drones to turn the Arasaka building into Jackie's half-a-kilometer-tall statue, exchange Hanako's head for Jackie's remains. That kind o' stuff. When she finds that, maybe become the next Adam Smasher in the city. There's a gap to fill in NC with that one gone.

I will forever hold a candle for the most amoral, greedy piece of shit corpo PR b***** there is, Rachel Casich. Similary to Meredith she would give insights into the corpo world, and could act as a "bad guy V" happy ending. Other than that, Meredith, Sandra Dorsett and Rita Wheler are good picks for women.

For men I'd say Tom, and Mateo are good candidates.

If we want to add in one of the Animal gangers I'd say Rhino.

Been awhile since I've played so I can't recall her name, but the asian woman holding the baseball bat outside of Lizzie's Bar.

If I could make a change I would add:
1. Takemura romance for straight female;
2. Claire from bar as straight male romance;
3. Change of Judy to be BI - she could be a great fandom quarell like Triss vs Jenn. That would surely be welcome for male players even without adding for them new options;

Also River and Kerry stories could be enchanced... They need some more quests so we can grow closer to them.

Game also need more one timers as Meredith (I'm sure she will be full romance option in DLC).
Threesome with Peralez would be great or sex with Hanako after which there is no romance option (just empty sex which leaves us a bit sad).
Rita Wheeler would be great as one timer too - after maybe a side quest that we help her in her job.

I would have to say the blue haired receptionist at Clouds.
And why, because V is attracted to her.

If I could make a change I would add:
1. Takemura romance for straight female;
2. Claire from bar as straight male romance;
3. Change of Judy to be BI - she could be a great fandom quarell like Triss vs Jenn. That would surely be welcome for male players even without adding for them new options;

Also River and Kerry stories could be enchanced... They need some more quests so we can grow closer to them.

Game also need more one timers as Meredith (I'm sure she will be full romance option in DLC).
Threesome with Peralez would be great or sex with Hanako after which there is no romance option (just empty sex which leaves us a bit sad).
Rita Wheeler would be great as one timer too - after maybe a side quest that we help her in her job.
I prefer girl on girl, but I wouldn't mind if Judy was an option for both genders. Nothing can be done about that, however, as that character has been established as a lesbian (the dialogue makes it pretty clear), and rewriting established characters' sexual orientation is a very Bioware thing to do that CDPR thankfully wouldn't. Kerry, on the other hand, definitely should be, as he is canonically bi.

But for me all pale in comparison to Meredith. More options would be welcome, that for sure. A Cyberpunk setting ought to have more variety.

Last edited:
I still remember that trailer/video with male V waking up after banging some probably unimportant dude. Really, what happended to the variety? it's weird that NC society is drenched in all things sexual and at the same time, it almost never comes up when it comes to V himself. You don't have to act on it if you don't want to play a more promiscuous V, but it's strange that the options are so limited. It didn't seem to be a problem in The Witcher, where there were many options for Geralt to have a bit of fun.

I still remember that trailer/video with male V waking up after banging some probably unimportant dude. Really, what happended to the variety? it's weird that NC society is drenched in all things sexual and at the same time, it almost never comes up when it comes to V himself. You don't have to act on it if you don't want to play a more promiscuous V, but it's strange that the options are so limited. It didn't seem to be a problem in The Witcher, where there were many options for Geralt to have a bit of fun.
I don't think I've ever seen that trailer, interesting... looks like the game was intended to be much more heavy in the casual sex/hook up department as begets a story belonging to this setting. Funny how The Witcher games contain more promiscuity and even decadence than a time period when that can be done in the open.

Last edited:
Meredith always struck me as a character who was supposed to be a way bigger part of the story - but they ended up cutting her role down significantly.

I think the idea of having a romance option for her would be awesome.

1. Johnny's commentary on her would have been great.
  2. She is completely different than any romance option we currently have personality wise.
  3. She could have introduced you to the more 'corporate side' of Night City - luxury and all of that stuff.
  4. Her character is interesting in that I think she could have opened up choices. Do you make the self-fulfilling choices and remain romantic with her? Or do you make the actual right, moral choices and she stabs you in the back?
  5. Could have probably opened up some alternative endings as I see no way she wants to run off with you and Panam.

Top Bottom