What pets do you own, and what you wish to?

+
What pets do you own, and what you wish to?

I was curious, as to what cute little animals you would like to own, or already do. So i ask. I will begin first. I own 2 dogs, 3 cats, a family of hedgehogs, lots of toads and almost one bat (it flew inside at night one evening and found it next morn), which i was forced to release back outside, because the others despised it (but it was very cute!). Due to my estate and yard, all of them except for the dogs, live in a semi-wild state, free to roam as they please! So i do not interfere with their natural life, like others do (ex in house hedgehog), causing problems for the poor little things! I only feed them, pet them and treat their wounds, if and when they are in need of treatment.

I would like to own a snake, a turtle (there are some around but very rarely encountered) and above all, a fox! There are specially bred domesticated foxes, which are very adorable, friendly, tamed and cute! Also a duck. But i might never have the luxury or the upkeep to raise or support all those. My favorite of all those i have, is the hedgehog. It's the prettiest cute little thing someone can hope to face! My favorite of all those i have not, is the fox. I have seen videos of tamed foxes and they behave pretty much like dogs! I simply love them!

Your turn now!

Wow .. well I would like to own a cat some day that would be enough^^...

Someone pls explain to me what kind of off topic stuff is allowed and what not^^
I made a thread about anime some time ago since I thought it would be ok...
But it got deleted without notice ;( ... Talking about pets & stuff is allowed ? Im confused xD

Edit : nvm I found another thread with anime ... still wonder why my got deleted xD

I love everything with fur and feathers. I had two dogs - a German shepherd and a collie. I had cats for all my life, and all my cats and dogs loved each other. Oh, more fur is better. I like ordinary cats, but I prefer Persians.
Right now I have two cats, and I am shopping for a dog, again a German shepherd or a collie.
I want to own some large bird, may be even a hawk, or an owl, or may be just raven, but in LA it is against regulations. I want to have a lynx or bobcat, they are actually trainable, and behave more like dogs than cats, but in LA it is impossible.
I want to have my own horse, but realistically, it won't happen.
I wouldn't mind to have a unicorn, and a little dragon hatched from a dragon egg. But my purity level is way below any unicorn threshold, and I still did not find any dragon eggs though I searched through Mohave desert rather thoroughly.

I love all animals. I currently share my house with a twelve year-old cat and many fish in two seperate aquariums. I've had hamsters, cats, guinea pigs and love birds before.

I guess I'd love to have a dog in the future. A Great Dane or Old English Mastiff, perhaps? And I've always been interested in becoming self-sufficient farmer, so farm animals would be a must.

I own a curtain monster. Well that's her name but she's really a cat. Had two English bulldogs for a couple of years but they had to be euthenised. Also had a fish tank, did away with that when all my fish got a disease and died except for the first one I ever owned. The fucking goldfish. I watched that thing grow huge then released him. And in the most clichè scene ever I watched his dumb ass get eaten by a duck. Him And the bubble-eye would chose each other round eating the other's poop.

Been thinking of going back to fish. And maybe another cat. I really want one of those adorable munchkin cats that have those short stubby legs. Been a cat guy my whole life, and the ones I've kept have had interesting personalities.

@Medy: Anything non-witcher related is off-topic. I think you're thread was merged into the already existing anime thread. You made your thread in the general section I believe. Anything and everything(as long as it conforms to the rules) may be discussed in this sub-forum. And if there is a very similar thread it gets merged with the older one.

Csszr said:
Also had a fish tank, did away with that when all my fish got a disease and died except for the first one I ever owned.
Those damned diseases ruin the joy of keeping fish. Mine only seem to get rare diseases that can't be diagnosed.

Three cats, two of whom aren't real cats but the Spawns of Satan, and one dog. And that's more than enough.

Medy89 said:
Edit : nvm I found another thread with anime ... still wonder why my got deleted xD

You have posts from earlier this month in that thread - I suspect that yours was merged, not deleted. We do that if there's more than one active thread in the same topic. Anyway, if you want to check further on this, please switch it to PM.

And generally, anything's OK in this section as long as it's within the forum rules.

I was still a teen when I had mine, may have been my fault though. I figured if I bought a bunch of algae eaters I wouldn't have to clean the tank manually as often. But that's teenage pot head logic for you.

Elida said:
Do you mean those foxes bred in Russia?

Yes, those. They had been bred once for their fur, but now for becoming pets. I like them a lot.

Elida said:
I love everything with fur and feathers. I had two dogs - a German shepherd and a collie. I had cats for all my life, and all my cats and dogs loved each other. Oh, more fur is better. I like ordinary cats, but I prefer Persians.
Right now I have two cats, and I am shopping for a dog, again a German shepherd or a collie.
I want to own some large bird, may be even a hawk, or an owl, or may be just raven, but in LA it is against regulations. I want to have a lynx or bobcat, they are actually trainable, and behave more like dogs than cats, but in LA it is impossible.
I want to have my own horse, but realistically, it won't happen.
I wouldn't mind to have a unicorn, and a little dragon hatched from a dragon egg. But my purity level is way below any unicorn threshold, and I still did not find any dragon eggs though I searched through Mohave desert rather thoroughly.

Animals are drawn to and form bonds with nice people, with good heart, dogs aside which love anyone. I am not surprised. I know you hate cats, too, or at least saying you love them does not sound convincing at the least. As for unicorns and dragons, get a life bro, i wasn't talking MMO here, kindly please and with all due respect.

mariobros777 said:
I know you hate cats, too, or at least saying you love them does not sound convincing at the least. As for unicorns and dragons, get a life bro, i wasn't talking MMO here, kindly please and with all due respect. />

Man, I do not want to sound rude, but do you have some sort of mental disability?

Csszr said:
I really want one of those adorable munchkin cats that have those short stubby legs.

Oh, please don't get a munchkin. That's not a healthy mutation, and I hate to see breeders doing stuff like that.

I'm really impressed at how well the cats and dog are getting on together. I was expecting more problems, but they seem to have bonded really well now.

And Mario/vivaxardas - let's keep it friendly pls.

dragonbird said:

Gee, I wonder how. It is a very neutral topic, and out of the blue I get this. He may not like me personally, that's fine. Not like I care. I will ignore any of his posts in the future, just not to get other totally nonsensical responses.

dragonbird said:
Oh, please don't get a munchkin. That's not a healthy mutation, and I hate to see breeders doing stuff like that.
I've actually heard that Munchkins don't really suffer from back problems like the Dachshunds do, but I agree. Most pure bred cats are predisposed to certain health problems.

I also think it would be better to get a kitty that doesn't have a home instead of buying an expensive pure bred one.

dragonbird said:

I'm really impressed at how well the cats and dog are getting on together. I was expecting more problems, but they seem to have bonded really well now.

But of course. No need to worry. Especially for people who know each other offline...

When I first learned of them I figured there would be health problems associated with them. I've seen decent sources from both sides saying they do/don't have problems.

I probably wouldn't get one because of the possible health issues and because I don't even know how Curtain Monster would act around it and would be afraid she'd have the upper hand if she were not to like it. The only cat she's interacted with was a stray cat I was feeling. I "abducted" her into my house one night and it went none too well.

But naturally I do trust your wisdom and advice, DB.

Elida said:
I've actually heard that Munchkins don't really suffer from back problems like the Dachshunds do, but I agree. Most pure bred cats are predisposed to certain health problems.

I also think it would be better to get a kitty that doesn't have a home instead of buying an expensive pure bred one.

Yes, I went and looked them up again after I posted, and it does seem that it's moved from "This is definitely unhealthy" to "There are differing opinions on whether it's unhealthy or not".

I tend to have mixed feelings on the whole purebred vs rescue issue. I was raised to the idea that you ALWAYS got dogs from shelters, my cats are all rescue cats, but Gwyn is an (unregistered) purebred from a breeder. And I alternate between guilt at getting a purebred to annoyance at people telling me that I shouldn't own a purebred :)

I think that generally, I don't have a problem with it as long as a breed standard doesn't encourage unhealthy traits.

dragonbird said:
I tend to have mixed feelings on the whole purebred vs rescue issue. I was raised to the idea that you ALWAYS got dogs from shelters, my cats are all rescue cats, but Gwyn is an (unregistered) purebred from a breeder. And I alternate between guilt at getting a purebred to annoyance at people telling me that I shouldn't own a purebred :)/>/>/>
Ah, I don't really think it's 'wrong', just advice for people getting a new one :)/>/> It's pretty mean of someone telling you off for owning one, I think. Our first cat was actually a 'flawed' shaded silver persian in that he had a normal cat nose, so we got him cheap from the breeder. He lived to be 17.

The rest have been kittens born of other peoples' unneutered cats running around our sheds.

All the cats I've ever owned have been found off the street, I usually have the mindset that they are more interesting. Sir Edward was indeed a cat of the highest honour and the best cat I ever had live with me. I miss him dearly, a Norwegian forest cat I saw on the side of the road and demanded to have him. I was about seven, he was probably a four week old kitten.

But what can I say? I've been caught up in the munchkin cuteness! Maybe I can satisfy myself and find one on the street. :p

I have no animals at all and I don't miss them. I don't have any problems with animals (I like dogs (not that tiny pocket size), horses,..) and suprisingly dogs, for example, usually like me. But I don't want to take care about them :)

What do I wish - talking unicorn and snow leopard :) (really)

Top Bottom